What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When did Jon Embree jump the shark?

Glad to see someone reference the problems with the defense, or lack thereof. Seems everyone is jumping on the offensive problems but with the amount of points being scored in these games, defense has been almost non existent to let this happen. I keep looking for some improvement each week and sadly am disappointed.

I always thought jumping the shark was the point in the trajectory of a TV show where it was all downhill from that point onward.

You and WW are both correct. The term literally derives from the old Happy Days episode where the Fonz waterskis off a ramp and jumps over a shark. The show had declined in viewership and the producers were desperate to try to do something that would spark interest. The best they came up with was, "let's have Fonz waterski over a shark..." Although the show was already in gradual decline, it dropped precipitously after that debacle. Henceforth, the term has been used as you posit to describe show on the decline using overly campy/ridiculous story lines to keep viewers tuned in.

You and WW are both correct. The term literally derives from the old Happy Days episode where the Fonz waterskis off a ramp and jumps over a shark. The show had declined in viewership and the producers were desperate to try to do something that would spark interest. The best they came up with was, "let's have Fonz waterski over a shark..." Although the show was already in gradual decline, it dropped precipitously after that debacle. Henceforth, the term has been used as you posit to describe show on the decline using overly campy/ridiculous story lines to keep viewers tuned in.
Thanks

notice post #24

Glad to see someone reference the problems with the defense, or lack thereof. Seems everyone is jumping on the offensive problems but with the amount of points being scored in these games, defense has been almost non existent to let this happen. I keep looking for some improvement each week and sadly am disappointed.

Brownie is over his head. He's failing the student athletes.

I think it was the Sac State game for me. CSU had me really worried, but some coaches just lose really dumb games. Those same coaches don't follow up bad losses by losing to bad FCS teams. And if anyone was still on board after that, the massacre in Fresno happened.

I think it was the Sac State game for me. CSU had me really worried, but some coaches just lose really dumb games. Those same coaches don't follow up bad losses by losing to bad FCS teams. And if anyone was still on board after that, the massacre in Fresno happened.
This.

Back