What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When Do You Say When ?

September 20, 2014. The date of our last win. Not conference win, win of any kind. Almost a full year ago.

They should remove the names from the back of our jerseys and put that date in its place on every player until we win again.

Apparently the rumors of Tini's demise have been greatly exaggerated. :confused:

Last night cast a great deal of doubt for me, but it's not the tipping point. Lose to CSU and that will do it.no excuse to lose that game. None.

My issue is that I think MM is safe unless the team just completely craters. I think he has until 2016 to see what he can do.

I'd take losses to Nicholls and UMass in exchange for victories over Oregon and USC any day of the week.

Certainly I'd take a win over USC or Oregon over a win against Nichols or UMass.

What I am saying though is that 1 big win doesn't make up for losing a bunch of games that should have been wins. I'd rather have a 5 win season than a 2 win season with a win over a "name" school. I'd rather do like Nebraska does and get bowl eligibility by beating up a string of patsies than stay home bragging about beating on good team.

Based on prior history of the way CU has been run, this is what I think will happen.... We will re-hire Mike Bohn, have him fire Mike MacIntyre. Let Mike Bohn hire our next head coach. And then immediately fire Mike Bohn afterwards.

I can't take another loss on the one day in Thornton that everyone wears green. Not gonna even consider us losing next week, and then we better come out and take the CSU game personal. I might not watch another game this year if we fail that hard.

I'm more confident than I should be, but I think we come out much better these next few weeks.

I don't blame anyone for being irate, inconsolable, detached, or whatever your coping mechanism may be. I can't even distill exactly how I'm feeling because I'm so still damn tired that the game is almost like a bad dream. Everyone on this board with any passion has had to take some time away from posting about the Buffs at some point or being in the conversation about how bad we are, because the reality sucks.

I was shocked at the size of the watch party at Blake Street Tavern. There were over 200 people there, standing room only, radio station broadcasting live from the bar, etc. And they were all Buff fans; not Bronco fans watching the preseason game, or fans of other teams taking in theirs. All Buff fans. I seriously thought there would be 12 people there. We had some precious excitement and momentum that got squandered away. This is a long season with plenty of opportunities to regain positivity.

I'll be there next week and for every home game this year per usual because I made my choice a long time ago that I love the team and the program, apparently regardless of how cruel it is to follow.

The players absolutely better than they were in 2011 or 2013.

People thought we wouldn't get **** for a DC, then Leavitt was hired. Chill.
Yes they are better then the in recent history, however we still don't have the talent to compete.

Yes we do. Thursday had nothing to do with talent, we didn't execute at all.
What gives you that impression? What have you seen in this team that says we have the talent. I believe lack of talent brings about lack of execution.

Everything was set up for this game, the new facilities and unis. It was a MUST WIN to keep the momentum going and this is how they respond. It is very disheartening.

Everything was set up for this game, the new facilities and unis. It was a MUST WIN to keep the momentum going and this is how they respond. It is very disheartening.

Reminded me of that trip to Cal after CU had done the Stampede through California to rally alumni/booster support.

If I saw our players working their asses off, going all out and coming up short due to their lack of talent, I would feel a million times better.

But what we saw was a team infected with the same loser culture we've become accustomed to. It was almost like they all had a "here we go again" attitude.

Mac has got to get these players to buy in and get intense as hell against CSU. Or lose his job.

I'm sick of watching our teams weak mentality. We were bigger and faster than Hawaii but mentally much weaker.

Find a way to motivate these players. That's the number 1 job! A lack of talent is an excuse, but a lack of trying is an indictment.

No worries, sefo said if they don't have the support, they will go 12-1 without the fans.

Like his attitude but....

All I know is they either left their game in Boulder or that's who they are. We aren't good enough to overlook anyone or read press clippings.

If this team comes out listless or disorganized against UMass, you can put me in the fire Mike camp.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. This program has a HUGE talent problem. A team with Pac12 talent should be able to beat a team you've been telling everyone is a garbage MWC team even with sloppy execution. The talent gap between us and the rest of the Pac12 is real.

How do you differentiate? I saw nothing in that game that definitively showed that our team has more talent. One thing you are completely ignoring is that Hawaii didn't execute either. It was an ugly game for both sides.

How do you differentiate? I saw nothing in that game that definitively showed that our team has more talent. One thing you are completely ignoring is that Hawaii didn't execute either. It was an ugly game for both sides.
Not picking up the guy gunning to the punt is coaching.

Trying to field a punt that's bouncing is coaching, not talent.

Not adjusting the game plan is coaching.

We didn't get out talented. Or out sized. Or out speeded. We got out executed.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. This program has a HUGE talent problem. A team with Pac12 talent should be able to beat a team you've been telling everyone is a garbage MWC team even with sloppy execution. The talent gap between us and the rest of the Pac12 is real.

Yep. I do not think Hawaii had more talent, but it is not like the gap was all that large between the two teams. Tends to happen when you recruit with mostly MWC teams.

If that's true (and I don't believe it is), and our staff just got out coached by a MWC team who's HC had an 8-29 record coming in, 3 new coordinators, and a transfer QB that hadn't shown anything at this level, then Mac should be fired on the spot.

Agree with most of that but Shay should've known better than trying to field that. That's something every punt returner has to know, a coach shouldn't have to tell you.

Agree with most of that but Shay should've known better than trying to field that. That's something every punt returner has to know, a coach shouldn't have to tell you.
He should have, but that's not a talent issue. It could be inexeperience back there, but I'm putting that on Neinass.

Lose to CSU and this train ride is over for me. I am half off now and in a wait and see mode. At this point, if he does not get to 5 wins this season and beat CSU, he should get the axe. Do both of those things and I think he should get 2016.

Just my opinion but I think he fails on both of these this year. If I were RG, I would be working the back channels to get the next coach lined up.

I stayed up until 5:00 a.m. to watch 2 ****ty teams play football. I won't be doing that again. Generally I think almost any coach should get 4 years to win, but unless the Buffs win 6 this season, I see the wisdom in going in another direction.

I'd argue that the mental part of the game is also talent.

I completely agree. We got out coached, out executed, and out disciplined. The only position that UH appeared more talented than us was at QB, and Wittek isn't even that good.

Back