What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When does the QB controversy begin?

I think most of us watched the tape of him at Kansas and he made decent throws while on the run. I think it all had to do with not being able to put pressure on his leg. He could not plant causing him to under throw his throws while on the run. I found him to be effective when he was healthy but when he wasn't boy was it ugly.

Just curious, was the game film watched highlights or condensed full game action? (I watched nothing but short highlight packs). I have no idea if there was a difference in the percentage of completions from within vs outside the pocket, and have no time/math desire to do a breakdown.

I recall that I had already started to cringe on roll-outs and movement before the injury, but then that could have just been a reaction to the grounding on the first drive. Having no background with Webb I am not calling for his replacement, there seems to be a catch-22 scenario here. If our young team needs to grow up with game experience this season, for what would hopefully be a click in year three - then why are we not going young and getting Wood reps? Even if he is worse than Webb it would seem worthwhile, if not him, lets get Dillon in there. If we were playing this season for something and can't afford to throw a Wood or Dillon into the fire - then why save P-Rich for a more developed team next year?

My emotion burned off with a few days but I am still left with a lot of questions and massively deflated expectations for the season. I guess my take is have the coaches use their best lineup they can for next week to at least try to secure that W, then go for youth. Get the growing pains underway and see if the guys we are going to have for a few years can learn a lot in a season. However, while the loss is a bitter, bitter pill to swallow it is a good reminder to those of us who got all hopped up on Kool-Aid that this roster was going to be young and precariously thin and would have inexperience up and down.

I thought Webb did a good job reading and reacting and handled the pressre very well right up until he got hurt. He never had the time to throw downfield but was doing well on the screens and quick patterns.

He doesn't appear to have a lot of arm strength. He needs to be able to step into his passes and be in solid alignment to throw well, it looked like he was actually doing that some on the run in the second quarter. After the injury his mechanics went out the window. His accuracy suffered and he had no zip on the ball.

I would love to have a big athletic QB back there who can flick it 40 yards and who can twist and still deliver the ball off his wrong foot. Wood may or may not be that guy. The problem is that until we can give the QB enough time to actually set up and make some reads none of that matters. Getting Wood or anyone else beat up and frustrated isn't going to make this a better team.

A question does need to be asked if the coaches went so solidly to Webb because they knew that the O-line was going to be a disaster area and wanted his ability to function under duress in there. If that is the case then we have to ask if we have the right postion coaches and are recruiting and developing the right players to build an O-line that will let us succeed at any offense regardless of who the QB is.

Back