What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When Should RG Extend Prime's Contract ?

luniz.GIF

I think he isn’t in a rush. Let’s be honest, when Prime wants to leave we won’t have the money to prevent it. I think our approach is better rooted in autonomy than it is in money. Full ownership of things and decisions that other programs may not give him. Let him design and manage Sanders Field, our new
Multi-million dollar baseball facility. Let him hire the baseball staff. Whatever he wants to do.

I think he isn’t in a rush. Let’s be honest, when Prime wants to leave we won’t have the money to prevent it. I think our approach is better rooted in autonomy than it is in money. Full ownership of things and decisions that other programs may not give him. Let him design and manage Sanders Field, our new
Multi-million dollar baseball facility. Let him hire the baseball staff. Whatever he wants to do.
Hell, he was a great two sport athlete. He coaches a two sport athlete. Let him be the first two sport coach if he wants to

Exactly. Knowing Prime, I'm sure he'll bring in someone like Derek Jeter to manage the baseball team.

Crowd sourcing a $10m/year increase for CP and staff salary pool feels cringey and something the AD, that is making far more than that because of CP, should just fund itself
If this was all set up by the AD, I'd agree. But if a bunch of Buff supporters want to chip in and make sure CP and staff are taken care of - stepping up to put our money where our mouth is and adding to whatever the AD can do - I fully support that.

*However, as an addendum, I think that if Buff supporters really want to step up their athletics donations, giving to NIL is probably just as important, if not more so.

The money is to show him some love AND to give raises to assistants/support staff.

Crowd sourcing a $10m/year increase for CP and staff salary pool feels cringey and something the AD, that is making far more than that because of CP, should just fund itself
Yeah, they should just find the proper mix of financial and non-financial motivators and incentives that Prime wants. Don’t need to crowdsource a pittance of donations, just manage the AD properly and get creative from the top level

He’s a smart guy and his wants/needs are more complex than your average coach after a payday.

Yeah, they should just find the proper mix of financial and non-financial motivators and incentives that Prime wants. Don’t need to crowdsource a pittance of donations, just manage the AD properly and get creative from the top level

He’s a smart guy and his wants/needs are more complex than your average coach after a payday.
I imagine a commitment to facility upgrades and possible stadium expansion would be on that list. He knows as long as he’s here, CU fans will fill the stadium so the ROI on that will be there.

After all the RG has been thru that win had to be hugely emotional for him.

Holy ****, I’m even more impressed with him talking to and hugging the TCU player.

Just genuine.

Looks like Newton played at ULM before tranferring to TCU. ULM played Jackson State. So yeah.

Already starting…Bama fans can’t even let Saban ride off into the sunset on his own terms after 6 titles…not sure why you’d want to go
there if you don’t need the money…build your own dynasty here at CU your way.

Already starting…Bama fans can’t even let Saban ride off into the sunset on his own terms after 6 titles…not sure why you’d want to go
there if you don’t need the money…build your own dynasty here at CU your way.

We’ll need to get used to every upper and blue blood program saying Prime is their top candidate every single offseason.

Prime is always going to listen. It's gonna take something unique to get him to go. Or a breakdown in his relationship with CU.

Back