What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When you comment about a recruit on this board

Its burgandy, asshole.

Here's even more burgundy suits.
4b2008ca-010c-70d2.jpg

4b2008ca-011f-ef9d.jpg

4b2008ca-0134-4c20.jpg

4b2008ca-0157-1994.jpg

I seem to have pissed some people off. The thread was not directed at any one person. My thoughts were inspired only by self intraspection. When the kid decommitted I was thinking all kinds of things and how I should respond. I thought about the "traitor" response, the "kids will be kids" response, the "stand on your word" response, the "good luck kid" response. I went through all those in my mind then came up with the idea of "what if they view this site" thing and started this thread. I had no person in particular in mind.

Yeah? Then why all the pink suit ****? Huh?

Not pink, Burgandy!:lol:

Actually I thought your original question was a good one and not directed at anyone in particular. It is still a good question. Do recruits or potential recruits read the board and do they put any value in what they read?

To start with I know that some recruits look at the boards, a number in the past have commented on what they have seen on the boards. I also know that some parents and other significant people in the recruits lives look at the boards.

While they should understand that the posters are just a bunch of internet geeks and don't represent the university or other fans I am also sure that some do take what they read seriously.

We all know that what gets posted is all in good fun and logically shouldn't be paid attention to but we also know that 17 and 18 year old young men don't always act logically or rationally. When you have recruits deciding on which school to go to because they saw a licence plate holder or bumper sticker or deciding based on which school has the coolest colors then you know that little things might make a difference.

At the same time any school with a fan base is going to have a message board or multiples and unless you have a bunch of irrational hicks like huskerpediophile then you are going to get a variey of comments on kids. This is just another part of the modern process.

deebeetee just pissed cause when he committed, news of it hit the pony express and within 6 weeks, all of 35 people fully believed he wore his spurs backwards.

Yeah? Then why all the pink suit ****? Huh?

Because your rants are so fun, because the pink suit thing is even better than the UAL/Counting Crows/ Derrick Morris thing with Sacky. Why? Because Sacky doesn't have a profile picture with any of those things in it. And also because you are almost asking for it with the stuff you bring up. We give you **** all the time, but I think we would definetly want you at tailgates and such. You are an icon here at Allbuffs. A big pink icon.

Because your rants are so fun, because the pink suit thing is even better than the UAL/Counting Crows/ Derrick Morris thing with Sacky. Why? Because Sacky doesn't have a profile picture with any of those things in it. And also because you are almost asking for it with the stuff you bring up. We give you **** all the time, but I think we would definetly want you at tailgates and such. You are an icon here at Allbuffs. A big pink icon.

:lol:

do you, per chance, assume he reads this board? Sometimes, in the back of my mind, I kind of wonder how many of these recruits actually check out fan forums. If you knew that certain recruits did, would it effect your comments about them? You know, if a kid decommits, instead of "TRAITER, YOU STABBED US IN THE BACK!!" you write, "Ah, kids will be kids. Good luck to him!" thinking that if the kid sees how great we are he'll feel bad and come back.

:lol:

Assume they do read it, many of these profiles are page 1 results on google.

DBT, other posters read this board, do you think you bashing them is good for this site? You could make them leave with your rants.........

If football players based their decision where to play football on a school's forum there would be no football players.

Back