What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where do you see us finishing in P-12 South next year?

I think we win it. USC is on probation. UCLA will be starting a freshman QB. Arizona will be replacing its QB. Arizona State is not very good. And Utah won't have the depth to play a 9-game BCS schedule. Meanwhile, we will have a huge senior class and returning starters at our key skill positions (QB, RB, WR and TE), only have to replace 1 OL, return our entire DL, and return our tackle & sack leaders from the LBs and DBs.

And I will keep my Buff colored glasses on until I'm forced to take them off.

I like it!

If DII Danny is here then yes. We will have some talent and a huge senior class next year. and like someone said, the next couple years after 2011 look scary! New coach needs to recruit lights out!

I've been hearing the next year stuff for waaay waaay too long. Who are the big name senior class folks that you are talking about? When I look down the roster for Jr.s I don't really see many players that are going to turn a team that'll finish at the bottom of the big 12 north into a team that is going to compete for the 12 pac north championship. A new coach will make some difference, but the talent just isn't there to run with the big dogs.

I've been hearing the next year stuff for waaay waaay too long. Who are the big name senior class folks that you are talking about? When I look down the roster for Jr.s I don't really see many players that are going to turn a team that'll finish at the bottom of the big 12 north into a team that is going to compete for the 12 pac north championship. A new coach will make some difference, but the talent just isn't there to run with the big dogs.

Your leaving out a huge key factor on why this isn't panning out.

No, in order, the excuses were coach, youth, injuries, coach.

Every year, the only thing that was constant was Hawk. And the dissapointments he delivered. There is a legitimate reason to believe things will be better next year, because Hawk is gone.

True. But the reason for our issues the past 4+ years is primarily coach, coach, coach, coach, coach.
I ****ing hope so. I'm just saying that every year there was a reason that the next year would be better. I'm not sold on our talent level and think the competition is going to get a bit better.

I ****ing hope so. I'm just saying that every year there was a reason that the next year would be better. I'm not sold on our talent level and think the competition is going to get a bit better.

I look at it like we were talented enough to play Georgia even in our 2 games against them the past 5 seasons. Since I refuse to believe we out-coached those guys, I have to believe that we wanted it more and had enough talent to hang. And I can look at the recruiting ranks and NFL drafts and know that UGA is one of the 10 most talented programs in the nation.

I look at it like we were talented enough to play Georgia even in our 2 games against them the past 5 seasons. Since I refuse to believe we out-coached those guys, I have to believe that we wanted it more and had enough talent to hang. And I can look at the recruiting ranks and NFL drafts and know that UGA is one of the 10 most talented programs in the nation.

Add in Oklahoma in '07, WVU and Nebraska in '08, and Texas and Okie state last year. I agree, we do have talent that we can compete with a lot of teams with good coaching.

Add in Oklahoma in '07, WVU and Nebraska in '08, and Texas and Okie state last year. I agree, we do have talent that we can compete with a lot of teams with good coaching.

As does Montana State.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but it's been so long, I need to see quality play on the field before I'm convinced we can routinely compete in conference play. I hope we do, of course.

As does Montana State.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but it's been so long, I need to see quality play on the field before I'm convinced we can routinely compete in conference play. I hope we do, of course.

coaching!!!! Although I do think our talent looks scary bad after next year.

coaching!!!! Although I do think our talent looks scary bad after next year.

Some guys who will be seniors in 2012: Givens, Jefferson, Major, Pericak, Polk, Rippy, Kasa, West

Some guys who will be juniors in 2012: Harris, Bakhtiari, Richardson, Thornton, Bonsu, Webb, Bell, Orms

I don't think it's as bad as people think it will be after the big class graduates following 2011. Throw in some of the transfers, guys we'll recruit the next 2 classes, guys who haven't had a chance to show anything yet, etc. If we find a QB, we have enough to compete for the conference with the right coaching.

I think any number of teams could win it. Will be a close division. Arizona is due to lose their QB and several starters on the OL, so I think they take a step back.

I guess Chip Brown got it wrong on the divisions.:lol::lol::lol: Found it funny that his "sources" had Colorado going to the North with the Cali and Zona schools to the south-- Once that story was rebuffed and it looked like CU was going south, he suddenly stopped talking about it. They didn't even mention the PAC 12 press conference on their show until the last 20 minutes when they had a guest on talking about the Oregon/UCLA match up tonight. Both Chip and Sean both have it out for NU and CU and its awesome that we get the last laugh. I'm so glad that we are out of the Big XII because now there is no reason for me to listen to any of the local sports talk shows here in Austin.

I guess Chip Brown got it wrong on EVERYTHING!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

**** orangeboobs.com and the horse they rode in on.

BTW: You should call the show and ask ol' chipper when he expects to get that $35-40MM from CU and nubrasca ....... what a doofus.

1. USC
2. Utah
3. Arizona
4. Arizona State
5. UCLA
6. Colorado

With Hawk as coach of course.

With new guy? Assuming he's not awful.

1. USC
2. Utah
3. Colorado
4. Arizona
5. Arizona State
6. UCLA

Depends on coaching. That's everything right there in a nut-shell.

We need to find somebody who can actively and effectively recruit SOCAL from day 1 and is able to associate and motivate these guys to get the most out of them.

I'd say #3 or #4 if Hawk is gone. If he's there? Probably last.
I agree with you - Talkins could be back if he manages to win 6 games.

1. USC
2. Arizona
3. Utah
4. ASU
5. UCLA
6. CU

I wouldn't discount USC. They will still have the most talented players with a year under their new coach. Kiffen is still a question mark, but USC will always have talent and depth. They always have, always will have the "talent". It's just a matter of whether it's coached well...

1. USC
2. Arizona
3. Utah
4. ASU
5. UCLA
6. CU

I wouldn't discount USC. They will still have the most talented players with a year under their new coach. Kiffen is still a question mark, but USC will always have talent and depth. They always have, always will have the "talent". It's just a matter of whether it's coached well...
This. We'd be ecstatic if we had USC's 2011 class. Kiffin is more of a factor than the probation in whether we will see a drop off. And it will be gradual (if there is one).

I agree with you - Talkins could be back if he manages to win 6 games.

Nope.

1. USC
2. Arizona
3. Utah
4. ASU
5. UCLA
6. CU

USC will have depth issues over the next few seasons due to the scholarship reductions. They will be good, but you're going to see them wear down as the season goes along until the scholarship reductions end.

Back