What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where do you stand on the CSU series?

The CSU series should...

• be killed with fire

Votes: 69 54.3%
  • continue, but with changes

Votes: 47 37.0%
  • continue in its current form

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Learning that it's an early kickoff just poured salt in the wound as far as I'm concerned. I already hate that it's at Invesco. We give up a home game to play a poor mid-major program at a neutral site, have to pay a premium as season ticket holders in order to maintain decent seats, end up with a half empty stadium, and gain nothing but a trap game on the schedule.

I want this thing to end in its current form. If they want to play it at Folsom every year (or at least 3 out of every 4 years), I could maybe be convinced to keep playing this thing. But maybe I'm in the minority.

What are peoples' thoughts on the CSU series?

If CU can get a different "7th home game" at Invesco every year than I don't have a problem making the CU-CSU a 2-1 in favor of CU at Folsom. We still need at least 1 OOC home game per year in Folsom, it might as well be CSU 2 out of 3 seasons.

The problem with the 2011 season is that we only ended up with 1 "OOC" home game in Folsom due to the Pac-12 9-game schedule giving us 5 on the road. If we had been able to get Utah at home with 4 road games, this wouldn't be that big of deal. The early start time sucks regardless

We should be able to ensure we schedule better in the future now that we know the rotation of games in the Pac-12. This is just another victim of the transition.

Going forward, if we can replace a "road game" with a neutral site game at Invesco, that's a winner in my book. But CSU isn't the best opponent for that scenario.

Nebraska would be.

Kansas might be.

If the Fusker or Jayhawks aren't willing, then at least a rotation between Air Force and CSU at Invesco.

No to the fuskers. Don't give them any more exposure around here.

I don't have anything against CSU, but I freaking HATE Invesco. It's a dump. The worst football atmosphere ever. I hate everything about that place. I hate the parking. I hate the gate attendants. I hate the concession workers. I hate DPD and their gestapo like riot gear that they seem to feel is absolutely necessary. Play CSU, but play them in Boulder.

The best way to deal with it would be to get back to dominating the series enough that the CSU supporters don't mind seeing it go away. The school will never get that way because the game is a significant source of cash for the CSU AD but it is the CSU fans that keep the politicians interested in pushing the series.

Beat CSU up by 20+ for 4-5 years in a row and it will be easier to simply replace it with a better OOC game.

Go back to the home and home. CSU is and should be a cupcake win for us every year. Win and you get an another 'W' chalked up in the win column. Win and you silence the lambs, plus bragging rights. Win and you make it clear to the best instate recruits that CU is the place to be.

Learning that it's an early kickoff just poured salt in the wound as far as I'm concerned. I already hate that it's at Invesco. We give up a home game to play a poor mid-major program at a neutral site, have to pay a premium as season ticket holders in order to maintain decent seats, end up with a half empty stadium, and gain nothing but a trap game on the schedule.

I want this thing to end in its current form. If they want to play it at Folsom every year (or at least 3 out of every 4 years), I could maybe be convinced to keep playing this thing. But maybe I'm in the minority.

I was with you until the last part about keeping it but end the current form. Kill this ****er and kill it now. Use fire, tornados, earthquakes, or what ever it takes but please put just kill it.

I'm with you nik. The atmosphere at Invesco sucks balls. Plus your regular season ticket holders get hosed on where they sit.

It may be a nice payday, but if we pulled in a respectable opponent, I'm sure you could get more. I'd love to play the fuskers again. Keep the rivalry going. I just hope they bring it back to the campus. That's where the game belongs.

Go back to the home and home. CSU is and should be a cupcake win for us every year. Win and you get an another 'W' chalked up in the win column. Win and you silence the lambs, plus bragging rights. Win and you make it clear to the best instate recruits that CU is the place to be.
Huh? We will always out recruit the lambs. No matter how badly things may be going for CU. Plus bragging rights over CSU really doesn't mean much. At least to me. We're supposed to beat them. Even their fans know that.

Huh? We will always out recruit the lambs. No matter how badly things may be going for CU. Plus bragging rights over CSU really doesn't mean much. At least to me. We're supposed to beat them. Even their fans know that.

Happy to clear the confusion up. I want to annihilate them at their own home turf (as well as @ Folsom) in order to shorten their pathetic list of excuses on how close they were to "beating us this time" and ultimately shut them up for 364 days a year. I want to out recruit to them with such success that the top 10 prospects in the state won't even think about giving CSU a sniff, heck, even to the point where even if daddy played for the rams back in the day, the stud son will be a Buff.

Happy to clear the confusion up. I want to annihilate them at their own home turf (as well as @ Folsom) in order to shorten their pathetic list of excuses on how close they were to "beating us this time" and ultimately shut them up for 364 days a year. I want to out recruit to them with such success that the top 10 prospects in the state won't even think about giving CSU a sniff, heck, even to the point where even if daddy played for the rams back in the day, the stud son will be a Buff.

Those guys really get under your skin eh? :lol:

Those guys really get under your skin eh? :lol:

They are just annoying and I don't like to be annoyed.

I am of the opinion that if we don't play them, they will bitch about it and by simply beating them with conviction, they will bitch less.

Last edited:
They are just annoying and I don't like to be annoyed.

I am of the opinion that if we don't play them, they will bitch about it and by simply beating them with conviction, they will bitch less.

Who is "they"?

If we didn't play them, I think it would be even more rare that you ran into a CSU fan.

C'mon, you know who "they" is. But the latter comment is interesting. Care to expand?

I almost never hear any CSU chatter unless it's leading up to the CU game / opening of the season. Between the financial windfall that program gets from the game (not that much less than their MWC payout) and the way it rallies their fan base every year, I feel that CU is the driving force behind CSU staying somewhat afloat as a program. If we stopped the series, I think they'd make about as much noise in this state as Wyoming fans.

Kill_it_With_Fire_Aliens_KILL_IT_KILL_IT_WITH_FIRE-s576x304-132453-580.jpg

I almost never hear any CSU chatter unless it's leading up to the CU game / opening of the season. Between the financial windfall that program gets from the game (not that much less than their MWC payout) and the way it rallies their fan base every year, I feel that CU is the driving force behind CSU staying somewhat afloat as a program. If we stopped the series, I think they'd make about as much noise in this state as Wyoming fans.

Ouch! And you're probably right. I'd be depressed after reading this comment if I was a CSU fan.

I want it to be changed so we get our home games at home. If they want their games at Invesco, fine... If they don't, 2 for 1, maybe even 3 for 1. Are 4 for 1 deals possible?

I don't particularly like going to Invesco, but I HATE going to invesco when we're the home team. **** THAT!!!

If we get 6 home games AND a game at Invesco as a "road game," I'd feel pretty good about that. A cupcake win, which is something we need. And a 40 minute drive for a road game we should win, I can do that too.

No one outside of Colorado gives two sh*ts about playing CSU. It's bad for recruiting, it's an injury risk, it's just a waste of time. The CSU game is a lose-lose in a national perspective, especially when it is played in Denver. CSU always plays their best in that game and CU tends to play down (even in their good years.) Skip it. At best, lets bring in a cycle of Wyoming, Air Force and CSU to Folsom each year. Hell, bring CSU-Pueblo over and beat them up. If we can play Nebraska early in the season it would benefit us more and still allow recovery for an early stumble.

Another way to look at it. McCartney picked Nebraska as a rival in order to force the program to focus on the big time. By lingering on CSU, we are taking a step down in the rivalry and short-changing ourselves. F*ck em, let's hold on to Nebraska or pick another solid team and pick a fight.

It pisses me off that one of our home games is played at a neutral site, and when it is an away game, I am forced to buy tickets because the game is included as part of my season ticket package.
Playing a home game at Invesco gives me the impression that CU is doing CSU a favor.

If we are going to keep playing the goats, then move the game back on campus.

Having the series at Invesco is a major mistake. No need to keep providing a subsidy to Aggie. Having the series at all is questionable at best for CU and a windfall for CSU.

If we must continue to play someone from the front range, I would be much more happy if we rotated Air Force, Wyoming and CSU.

I don't have anything against CSU, but I freaking HATE Invesco. It's a dump. The worst football atmosphere ever. I hate everything about that place. I hate the parking. I hate the gate attendants. I hate the concession workers. I hate DPD and their gestapo like riot gear that they seem to feel is absolutely necessary. Play CSU, but play them in Boulder.
I couldn't have said it any better. Sacky perfectly describes my thoughts on this game/series with CSU.

Every year we have this same discussion, and every year we come to pretty much the same conclusion. The fact of the matter is that we're stuck at Invesco for the next 8 years. There isn't much we can do about that. All we can realistically hope for in that time span is to have games start sometime after 1:00 PM and to still get 6 real home games per year.

Now, once this contract ends, it will be very interesting to see how things play out.

I couldn't have said it any better. Sacky perfectly describes my thoughts on this game/series with CSU.

Agreed. The Invesco big diaphragm sucks, playing the goats at Invesco sucks even harder, playing the goats at Invesco early in the morning sucks in the worst possible way. I am at home watching on TV.

my ticket group stopped going to Invesco 5-6 years ago. it's just a hassle, your seats invariably suck. we spend that money on a keg of good beer and have a BBQ in someone's backyard...and watch the game. unless it's at Folsom.

at this point, i'd much much rather drive the extra 40 minutes down to AFA for a game.

Last edited:
I like opening the season prior to the rest of the league with CSU at Invesco, short of that, move it back to Boulder, FC and Colorado Springs

Back