What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where will college football and athletics be in 20 years

So what? If their goal is to go pro, then playing college ball is still the best way to accomplish that goal.

Scholarship football players are getting a free education, plus CU swag, charter flights around the country, access to training facilities and tutors, etc. All that costs money and they receive it in most cases regardless if they are actually contributing to the money a school generates. How much money has someone like Stevie Joe Dorman generated for the school? Is CU getting their money's worth out of that scholarship?

So if you're going to argue that some of these players aren't being compensated for what they help contribute then you've got to stop compensating the dead weight with scholarships etc, don't you?

I dont really feel like talking about this further other than to state the fact that neither you nor I can prove whether or not a player like Stevie Joe Dorman has or has not earned his worth. Many of the forms of compensation you listed as actually mandatory per team rules so it is fairly hard for me to believe that they are truly perks.

I dont really feel like talking about this further other than to state the fact that neither you nor I can prove whether or not a player like Stevie Joe Dorman has or has not earned his worth. Many of the forms of compensation you listed as actually mandatory per team rules so it is fairly hard for me to believe that they are truly perks.

Mandatory or not, they are benefits the rest of the student population doesn't get.

Stevie Joe Dorman was just an example - the point is if you want to compensate players based on what they generate for the school, some will get a lot, some will get nothing - will some get agents to negotiate what they are "worth" to a school? For every Johnny Football, or Jadeveon Clowney that is selling jerseys like crazy and generating tons of cash for their school, there will be dozens of Dorman-type players who deserve what??

Back