What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where Will The Buffs Finish In Conference Play?

Where Will The Buffs Finish In PAC-12 Play?

• 1st

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 2nd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 4th

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • 5th

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 6th

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • 7th

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • 8th

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 9th

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • 10th

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 11th

• 12th

• Total voters

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
We've seen the team play 12 games now, and haven't exactly been wowed. We've seen our conference opponents play so far, and have been even less wowed.

So, all that said, where do you have the team finishing? And higher or lower than you did at the beginning of the season?

Certainly not first, certainly not last. Other than that, I have no clue.

I went with 8th after my pre-season pick of 7th. Part is because I've been a little underwhelmed by the Buffs, part is because Oregon State has overachieved.

I'm seeing good signs that we may have a "Big Three" that we can count on every night in Dre, Carlon and The Mayor. It's also looking like Ski can be a dependable 6th man.

Austin looked more aggressive last night, which was great. But he has a history of playing his best ball against weak competition and disappearing against better teams. If he can find some consistency, we are very close to having a basketball team.

Still, we've got a team that could win or lose any game they'll play in the Pac-12. I have no idea what we'll get. But I believe in Tad and the positive trends I'm seeing develop (better FT shooting, better passing, better defense, better rebounding).

We win more than we lose. I picked us 5th. And I think we'll be a legit underdog threat to win the conference tourney.

ESPN has revised their predictions. I have forgotten where we were but we are 10th now. Cal has become the favorite.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...327/a-primer-pac-12-season-college-basketball

I really think this conference is a crap shoot, Beyond the Arc has the Buffs #6 right now with Oregon St the favorite.

I went with 6th in prediction, 7th may be more realistic. I think Utah, USC and ASU are terrible and I think CU can manage to finish ahead of 2 of these 3: Oregon, Washington St and possibly UCLA.

We'll be 6th or 7th when all is set and done. 8-10 or 9-9. I'm certainly not as encouraged as I hoped I'd be by this point, but the Pac-12 is worse than anyone could have possibly imagined. We're facing a league with not one team remotely close to being considered top 25 caliber, and only one team even in the top 50. You know it's reached a low point when the "feel good story" of the conference thus far has a 15 point home loss to Idaho. Need to come out of this 3 game homestand 2-1, there's really no excuse to not beat Utah and Wazzu at home.

Last edited:
9th. This team will go as far as Tomlinson lets them. I love a lot of guys on the team, but you can tell the pieces are not there yet.

i think we win 8 and finish 16-14 and get an NIT bid. that probably puts us in the middle of the pac. this team is hard to figure out. can't take much from the new orleans game, basically an exhibition game. hopefully we are better than we showed against csu, wyo, tsu maryland, etc. i have faith in boyle he will get more out of this team by end of the year than we've seen so far.

I voted for 9th... I had the Buffs at 7-11 prior to the season and I won't change my prediction despite the Pac 12 being an abomination of a basketball conference. We really aren't very good so I'm not about to raise my expectation level. Quick note... we are 1-4 against the RPI Top 100 this season and we'll play 11 conference games against teams rated that highly. Keep in mind RPI isn't a great measuring stick at this point in the season but it is something to look at. Buffs will need 8 conference wins to guarantee that they qualify for a postseason berth, doesn't guarantee they'll get one, but would be likely. Not sure they have the talent to really get there, but I hope they do! Carlon Brown would need to up his scoring average to 15-16PPG in conference play, that would be a big boost.

I have no clue, this team is to unpredictable and we are basing a lot of this season on hope for major ongoing improvement of the young guys.

Guaranteeing that it won't happen I am guessing 8th with a couple of upsets in there along with an ugly losing streak to teams we should beat easily.

8th. Definitely ahead of Utah, ASU, and USC, and I'm sure there will be at least one other. As 'nik said above, they've got a solid core in Dre, Brown, and The Mayor, with Booker coming on too, but there's not much after that. Tomlinson's regressing by the day, and Dufault's just not consistent enough to rely on. They really need those two to step up if they're going to make some noise this season.

Lots of questions could change things a lot for the Buffs. Can Cain get healthy and comfortable, if so we have a big man who can bang with the inside guys and still run with the break. Can Adams get it together and become a consistent scoring threat and defender, if so he balances the offense and gives us a defender against big wings who are often teams top scorers.

Other questions as well but just those two could make a difference of 3-5 wins this year easily.

Back