What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where's the HATE, Colorado fans?!

Indeed, PBR and Schlitz are hipsters beer in Colorado.

In the Midwest, PBR and Schlitz are usually reserved for bums under bridges.

The hipster beer progression here went from PBR to Tecate to one of the two current favorites, Colt 45 or Olympia.

The hipster beer progression here went from PBR to Tecate to one of the two current favorites, Colt 45 or Olympia.

Christ, I wish I was cool enough to drink ****ty beer for the sake of my image.

Don't you have to be ... relevant.. to be hated?

As bad as the Buffs are, Nebraska hasn't done anything significant since the Buffs blew their doors off on nebraska's way to the 'national championship'. Unless beating Arizona in some bowl game is really important.

as someone who did a lot of research in the premium area of the cooler during grad school summers (talk about broke), i can vouchsafe that Olympia is a pretty potable beer for 6.99 a 12 pack. It's head and shoulders above most of the competition. Hamm's I recall was decent as well (and Union Made tm).

for brainless yet overwhelmingly prevalent hipsterism around CU and Boulder....look no further than Parliament cigarettes.

Last edited:
as someone who did a lot of research in the premium area of the cooler during grad school summers (talk about broke), i can vouchsafe that Olympia is a pretty potable beer for 6.99 a 12 pack. It's head and shoulders above most of the competition. Hamm's I recall was decent as well (and Union Made tm).

I think I've said this before.

Despite your name's allusion to glam rock, I've always imagined you to be Adam from Northern Exposure. This is a damn fine post.

I think I've said this before.

Despite your name's allusion to glam rock, I've always imagined you to be Adam from Northern Exposure. This is a damn fine post.

i don't have a clue about how i came to choose Mick R. as a handle. almost 10 years ago at NB. i really do love that MR era Bowie: Man who Sold, hunky Dory, Ziggy, Pinups, Diamond Dogs......but, heck if i know. i do think he's under-appreciated as a rock guitarist (the guy practically invented all the stage show-off moves and posturing that dominated "axe heroes" for the next 25 years of lead guitar stage-craft in addition to having a great, dirty sound--see: Queen Bitch, say). but, now that he's dead i think he gets his props.

I check this forum weekly just to keep tabs on Big 12 North news.

Here's what I've seen . . . the hatred of Nebraska and Colorado State has waned and that rage is replaced by dispirited commentary about the 2010 football season.

Honestly, it's unbecoming. I miss the anger. I miss the pissing matches. I miss the insults.

Let me kick this off for you: Tear yourselves away from your all-organic shade tree fair trade soy double macchiato and set down the vegan scone that was lovingly prepared just around the corner. You hipster, wannabe, Cliff Bar chewing, local theatre production attending, Pabst Blue Ribbon sipping, excuses for football fans need to kick things up a notch. :thumbsup:

Go Big Red.

(also, I post this with the best of intentions.)

**** you.

Damn. I thought about going with New Belgium La Folie . . . but I love that beer too much.

**** you

No you don't.

That would be Montana, Oregon, Maine, and Vermont.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Craft_Breweries_Per_Capita_(US).png

That said, I wish Nebraska had more. We're improving . . . and Lincoln has a great beer selection. In fact, I'm drinking a St. Bernardus Abt 12 at the moment. Highly recommended.

**** you

How on earth would you count all homebrewers? Send out a survey? If you brewed beer 5 years ago but haven't since are you still a homebrewer? Not to mention I've had way more bad experiences with homebrewed beer than good experiences. Give me a good microbrew or import any day.

**** you.

I guess, as this thread indicates, there's always beer. Thank god.

**** you.

It's not a yuppie beer. It's a hipster beer. There is a difference.

**** you.

**** you.

**** you.

Thank you. You are correct.

**** you.

Hmmm. Not sure what happened there. Here's the digg version.
http://digg.com/food_drink/hipsters_cry_pbr_more_expensive_than_busch_keystone

**** you.

Hear, hear.

**** you.

This has got to be the dumbest ****ing argument to date on Allbuffs. Well done good sirs.

no, you're the dumbest thing on allbuffs.

(with the best of intentions. :smile2:)

Ever since the Pac 10/12 reorg talk, I've given very little consideration to Deep South Dakota. (corn syrrup, not corn palace)

Hipsters are more prone to be metro students hanging out on 16th street mall. Boulder has its own unique type: the trust fund hippie.
Or as we call them here in the bay area - Trustafarians. "Don't worry...about a thing...cause every little thing...s'gonna be alright..." (as long as Daddy keeps paying the bills)

Butthusker Mike -

If we had to live where you live, (probably somewhere near Stinkholn or Omahemeriod) and had as much time on our hands as you do, the hate mongering possibilities would be more than you could bear.

No you don't.

That would be Montana, Oregon, Maine, and Vermont.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Craft_Breweries_Per_Capita_(US).png

That said, I wish Nebraska had more. We're improving . . . and Lincoln has a great beer selection. In fact, I'm drinking a St. Bernardus Abt 12 at the moment. Highly recommended.

Hmm, wonder where the truth lies, got my info from a state tourism site which may not be accurate I guess, though wiki stuff isn't always right either.

http://www.colorado.com/Breweries.aspx

Husker fans, always needing to prove their self-worth by spouting off how great their football team is going to be, every single year. Sad, really...

Back