What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where's the recruiting luncheon report?

Windy on the podium. They did lay out a tenative plan per facilities that looks workable. Beef needed here in terms of donors still. Likely there, but have not surfaced yet. Nice tribute to Darien for Hall of Fame induction, but Phil D had to personally thank about everyone on behalf of he and his wife.

On a positive note, these coaches are hitting the beaches and you can tell by the one story each gave quickly about the class, they know what they got! Mac was awesome and nicely pretty brief. Coach and the film of the recruits was the highlight for me. And it was frkn cold getting from the garage to venue ;)

Yes it was. I didn't get there until 12:25.....just in time for the facilities update. Missed Phil thankfully. Like hearing Coach Mac talk. You can tell he likes the kids we got and my gut says half of them will play this year.

Seriously, I have been going to the recruiting luncheon for years and this year I got no invite. I am baffled -- realized late last week that it wasn't on my calendar and that I'd been purged from the list somehow. I have no idea what they do with the return addresses on the donor checks they cash. They have mine, and have had for thirty years. Pfffft. If it happened to me, imagine I'm not the only one. I still get tons of emails from Young Alums (of which I'm not, so who knows why they send notices to me) and alumni foundation and Blake Street Tavern and my school within the school ... but the athletics department as apparently cleaned up their list. Whatever, CU, you test my patience.

Seriously, I have been going to the recruiting luncheon for years and this year I got no invite. I am baffled -- realized late last week that it wasn't on my calendar and that I'd been purged from the list somehow. I have no idea what they do with the return addresses on the donor checks they cash. They have mine, and have had for thirty years. Pfffft. If it happened to me, imagine I'm not the only one. I still get tons of emails from Young Alums (of which I'm not, so who knows why they send notices to me) and alumni foundation and Blake Street Tavern and my school within the school ... but the athletics department as apparently cleaned up their list. Whatever, CU, you test my patience.
I doubt it was an intentional slight. Drop them an email. BTW, can't anyone go to the luncheon? Does an invitation get you a better seat or something?

I doubt it was an intentional slight. Drop them an email. BTW, can't anyone go to the luncheon? Does an invitation get you a better seat or something?
I am pretty sure you are the only one that needs an invite to get in....

The main impression I have always got from MMac is that he is not only a man of integrity, but also has a vision and a plan for CU. It is clear that this class "is what it is". It is not much better than previous coaches' classes the last few years according to the recruiting services. However, I get the sense that although this is not the most heralded of classes, each individual fits into to MMac's system and he has an actual plan of how each one can and will be utilized.

No matter what happens with the W/L record this year, it is refreshing to know that our HC has the intangible qualities to actually be a HC at this level.

Watched it this morning. Mac is such a likable guy, I really hope he succeeds here.

I think he'd agree that recruiting needs to improve, gotta keep that momentum going this year with an additional win and get those facilities done.

Of course it's not an intentional slight, it's my ongoing beef with the ridiculously pathetic level of marketing in the CU athletic department. If someone comes to the event repeatedly, and donates to your program over the years, wouldn't it be a *smart* marketing decision to continue to engage that individual?
As a contrast, I made a small contribution to a different university in another state because of something classy they did for a relative of mine, and I hear from them ALL THE TIME now. I get pretty mailings, and emails and postcards and you-name-it. For ONE donation for a specific event. But Colorado has purged their list and want me to start over again.

I point this out, because as I said, if it happens to a long-time supporter, can we only speculate on what happens to the rest of potential donors? Just shaking my head again over the failure to grasp Marketing 101. Fail.

Of course it's not an intentional slight, it's my ongoing beef with the ridiculously pathetic level of marketing in the CU athletic department. If someone comes to the event repeatedly, and donates to your program over the years, wouldn't it be a *smart* marketing decision to continue to engage that individual?
As a contrast, I made a small contribution to a different university in another state because of something classy they did for a relative of mine, and I hear from them ALL THE TIME now. I get pretty mailings, and emails and postcards and you-name-it. For ONE donation for a specific event. But Colorado has purged their list and want me to start over again.

I point this out, because as I said, if it happens to a long-time supporter, can we only speculate on what happens to the rest of potential donors? Just shaking my head again over the failure to grasp Marketing 101. Fail.
Good point. Hopefully changes will be made and things like this fixed. Not sure who runs the show. When I called the Buff Club number I got a very nice young lady who I assume is a student. I wonder who the leadership is?

The AD has never been run like a business, but like someone's hobby. Like an ad hoc high school reunion committee. I had the same experience that you describe, with another university.

Much needed road split.

Bring on Arizona Stripper University.

Back