What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which blue chips are we going to get? Crawley, Wright, JCF, Powell, Rippy

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
I think many of us, especially Syko, are worried that this class is good but not close to great. We have filled a lot of holes but so far no blue chip (4-5 stars). It is clearly an upgrade from prior classes and I already feel good about it, but we have lost out recently on some of the blue chips we were in on (e.g. Brown, McNamara).

I know we have Crawley, Wright, JCF and Powell still on our board and we have threads for each one individually, but we only have a month left and some of our key blue chip targets have fallen off?

What are our odds of getting these guys? Obviously we won't get them all. Would kill to get at least one of the CBs and Powell so Norgard can stay on D. Of course Rippy, et. al would be very welcome additions too.

I just hope out of those 5 we get at least 2 of them.

I think Crawley, Rippy, Powell will be BUFFS. Possibly Yuri. And to get JCF... we will need to be magicians.

I'd be shocked if we get one with the way things are going.

I hope I'm wrong though but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Just hope Embree has a good fallback plan and we aren't offering guys that aren't even WAC material

Last edited:

I hope I'm wrong though but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Just hope Embree has a good fallback plan and we aren't offering guys that aren't even WAC material

We seem to be slow playing a couple of 3* and high 2* guys right now.

My totally unscientific take:

Rippy & Crawley - 60% Buff liklihood
Wright & Powell - 40%
JCF - 20%.

Man, I love JimmyBuff! He brings balance to the Force and a smile to my face on boring crappy Kansas winter day.

Glad you follow recruiting.

Tini where would you put Powell on this list? I'd be happy if you are right about the others though.
Powell isn't a blue chip but prior to him getting the UCLA offer I felt good about him, now, not so much.

Powell isn't a blue chip but prior to him getting the UCLA offer I felt good about him, now, not so much.

He would have bluechip value to us, however. Good odds that if he committed to CU, he'd level some poor schmuck from CSU on our first play from scrimage in 2012.

He would have bluechip value to us, however. Good odds that if he committed to CU, he'd level some poor schmuck from CSU on our first play from scrimage in 2012.
Good point in regards to us. I would love to see another Vickers type CSU play.

I'm abstaining from any further speculation at this point. I'm now possibly more pessimistic than Jimmy, and that's when you know you need to "sit out a few plays."

Rippy 50%

I don't see getting any others off the list.

I'd add Crawley as 50%, but otherwise I'd have to agree with you.

If that is the case, I'm still happy withe the d-line additions and getting a QB for the future. I could see us getting 4 or 5 of the blue chip players if we get to a bowl game next year. (fingers crossed)

Well-a range of pessimism and optimism that is typical of AB and given the recent prospects we thought we might get that went elsewhere the glass does seem to be half empty right now. Let's hope we get a surprise or 2 to close out the 2012 class with a bang. The next 4 weeks are annoying, and the dead periods suck!

I'm abstaining from any further speculation at this point. I'm now possibly more pessimistic than Jimmy, and that's when you know you need to "sit out a few plays."

Low expectations is the best at this point. Then you can be surprised when we get great news or laugh when the ones spin it as this being a great class and we filled all of our needs when we land no 4 stars. Its a win/win.

Saying that, I do think there are some positives in the recruiting class even without any 4 star commits. On a projected class of 28 I think we would need to have about 15-16 of these guys to be average to above contributors on the team in order for the class to be a success. Can't be having only 5 or 6 guys average to above contributors like the Hawk classes had.

Last edited:
Everything is wonderful now...

No, not the band. So, terrible. So very terrible. I've hated few songs more than "AM radio".

I'm talking about the drink here. Apparently 99 has some affinity for it.

I am a little frustrated but just keep in mind, EB is a salesman on the recruiting trail, he has a very dynamic personallity.

I don't have my hopes way up but as long as EB and Embree have these kids phone numbers I won't count them out until the LOI's are signed and delivered. I also wouldn't be surprised if they deliver a significant player or two that we aren't even talking about right now. I have no information to support anybody in specific but these guys history from last year and from their years in college coaching before going to the pros show a pattern of surprises.

Back