What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Buffs go Pro?

Just curious...who was the last Buff to leave early? Last player I can think of is Ben Kelly, but there has to be someone since then????

As others have mentioned, Geer and Chappele (sp?) will go in the late rounds. Geer's the best bet to still be in the NFL 5 yrs from now.

Smith is prolly a mid-rounder if he goes.

Burton's best shot to make the league would be to eat up, and try-out as a DT somewhere. If he's not up for that, a 3-4 team might pick him up as a project.

Burney also may have a shot as a UDFA safety. He needs some decent coaching, but he closes well when the ball is in the air. Injuries might be a concern.

Behrens is also an outside shot to make a team somewhere. Good versatility in short yardage situations.

Neither Mohler nor Smart move well enough to play in the NFL in a 4-3 set. Might be able to catch on with a 3-4 team that needs depth at LB, but doesn't want to blow a draft pick.

I agree on what most say about JSmith. He would likely get drafted based on athleticism, size, and potential. He also runs pretty well. Saying that, I dont think he is ready yet. It's risky to come back if you know, for sure, you are gonna be drafted though. I wouldnt blame him if he left in that respect.

Chris Brown left early.

And it's Brad Jones. Brad Smith was the QB for Missery a few years back.

I could see 0 buffs get drafted this year. :sad1:

Of the seniors, our 2 best pro prospects are Riar Geer and Cha'pelle Brown. As good as they were in college, I'm not sure the NFL is drooling over a TE who runs a 4.9 forty and a 5'7" CB who doesn't bring return skills. I think it's very likely that Chap is our only draft pick (late round and to a team with a coach that Greg Brown has the ear of).

Not sure, but I think we'll be doing good to see one or two on an NFL roster next fall.

Back