What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which freshmen play this year?

slider

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
Hopefully we're at the point where we don't have to play tons of true freshmen, also I'm not really sure we landed any players that we just can't keep off the field either. The ? was asked on another board about the freshman we're most excited to see this year.

1. Chidobe Awuzie-Still early pt available and he has the size and skillset
2. Tedric Thompson-Safety depth is downright scary and he appears physically ready
3. Addison Gillam (obviously)
4. Frazier, Severson, and Olugbode. We'll probably be forced to play at least one of those guys

I'm very excited to see Sefo out there. Fall camp is always exciting to see the incoming freshmen. This year isn't really that intriguing, we certainly need an uptick in recruiting. Anyways... just trying to get some football discussion going:gobuffs:

I think all safety and linebacker freshmen are in the mix. Would love if our offense is deep and skilled enough that we can redshirt all the true freshmen on that side of the ball.

Defense:
Thompson
Gilbert
Gillam

Gilbert had the most impressive highlight reel of all the recruits in my opinion. Seemed very fast for an LB. We need help at LB and the secondary, so those are my picks.

Offense:
Bobo
Adkins
Graham

Could see another WR (Dunston or Ross) play early also. I'm not sold on our RB corps, and Payne's future up in the air doesn't help. Just as Powell proved to be effective early I could see Adkins getting some carries. On the OL, I think Graham could see playing time this year. We'll need a few OL to get minutes.

Special teams:
Severson

given how few horses we have too many will play, the better question is who are you excited to see play?

With only 10 schollie o/linemen on the roster, one/some/any of the incoming OL Frosh may see action. I really wish they could all r/s, but it might not happen.

Hopefully very few. Almost everyone in this class would benefit more from a year on the bench and in the weight room than a year on the field. And in general, burning redshirts is a short term gain, long term loss proposition. How nice would it be to have Kasa back on the squad this year? But there's a few guys with some talent at positions of need.

1) Gillam - Like the OP said, pretty obvious if you watched the spring game. Plus he's at one of our 2 biggest need positions.
2) Tedric Thompson. I figured we had enough bodies at safety that we'd see someone step up this spring. Didn't happen. So bring on the new kid who at least has a high ceiling.
3) Devin Ross. We still need more athleticism at WR even with DD and Jeff Hall moving to the position.

Defense:
Thompson
Gilbert
Gillam

Gilbert had the most impressive highlight reel of all the recruits in my opinion. Seemed very fast for an LB. We need help at LB and the secondary, so those are my picks.

Offense:
Bobo
Adkins
Graham

Could see another WR (Dunston or Ross) play early also. I'm not sold on our RB corps, and Payne's future up in the air doesn't help. Just as Powell proved to be effective early I could see Adkins getting some carries. On the OL, I think Graham could see playing time this year. We'll need a few OL to get minutes.

Special teams:
Severson
I'm actually not expecting any of the 2013 WR's to play this year. We're pretty deep at that position finally and there is some quality depth with PRich, JT, Goodson, Spruce, and McCulloch

I'm actually not expecting any of the 2013 WR's to play this year. We're pretty deep at that position finally and there is some quality depth with PRich, JT, Goodson, Spruce, and McCulloch

On the positive side though, if one of the freshman WR's does see time, then they must be pretty good.

Back