What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Games Will We Win???

Which games will we win??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ok extremely unlikely but it is possible
csu win
nutsac state win
fresno toss up but should win
wazzu straight toss up
UCLA toss up
Asu win
usc loss
oregon loss
tree... loss
UofA since they are our puppy dog bitch in all sports WIN
UW loss with chance of bizarre upset
Utards... win

Texas has better talent and look what happened to them. It is not a sure thing

Florida and Ohio state are other good examples. Stanford doesn't have near the talent those programs do and they took a step back after losing key players.

Just to save everyone the trouble of figuring out who picked us to lose to the lambs... it was me. With a new QB and secondary in their first game, I'm concerned that we make mistakes left and right and give it away. The D was far less than good last year and we lost a ton of experience. I know the lambs have a new HC and horrible DL, but after decades of watching this matchup I simply don't think that we can take this one for granted.

Plus, I've broken the jinx all of you would have put on us by unanimously picking CU.

If we lose to CSU, we might not win a single game

Florida and Ohio state are other good examples. Stanford doesn't have near the talent those programs do and they took a step back after losing key players.

If we lose to CSU, we might not win a single game

Hell Michigan and Miami work as examples too.

I have us winning the first three. Sac St. is a lousy team, CSU is terrible as well. Fresno isn't the same BCS buster they used to be and Embree will focus on them to get the first road win of the year.

We then go 1-1 against Wash St. and UCLA. Both are flawed teams, UCLA has a habit of playing way under their talent and with it a home game it is the most likely but WSU isn't a world beater either so we could beat them.

Arizona State is another beatable but I don't think it happens, they aren't great but they have more speed than we do at virtually every position. I'd like it to be a win but don't think so.

USC, Oregon, Stanford all losses. To much talent and they will be playing for something. Stanford doesn't have Harbaugh or Luck but Harbaugh didn't leave the cupboard bare. They won't be as good as past years but plenty good to dominate us.

Arizona I think overlooks us. They have a habit of overlooking teams every year and with us coming off a tough stretch they will do so as well. Embree gets his conference road win here. Then we lose to UW, an improving team with again more talent than we have by a good margin.

Utah comes into Boulder and leaves as losers topping of another year of dissapointment for their fans. They have some individual good players but don't have the depth and by this time will be beat down and just ready to finish the season, we will do it for them.

We then go to the last choice of PAC bowl tie-ins and unlike the Big XII that won't mean playing an SEC team. Embree gets his first bowl win and we are in full scale upswing mode.

If we're going to get to 6 (obviously a big "if"), it seems a likely path would come in the form of W's against CSU, Sac St, Fresno, ASU, Arizona and Utah

I see the same for my optimistic 6 win season, but switched out ASU for fUCLA. Would really like to see that win...

BCS is right, we could win our first six. The problem is we are just as likely to be 1-5 or 2-4 heading into the meat grinder of Stanford, USC and Oregon. My question is whether we are appreciably less talented than last year's team? Seems like we'll be stronger at LB and in the defensive backfield. QB, OL and RB are question marks, though.

8 wins for Stanford is probably a good bet. There is a lot more to that team than Andrew Luck though.

Their OL recruiting has been phenonmenal for a while and there's not going to be a hawk-esque dropoff on their OL. No way, no how. That team was built with their OL.

BCS is right, we could win our first six. The problem is we are just as likely to be 1-5 or 2-4 heading into the meat grinder of Stanford, USC and Oregon. My question is whether we are appreciably less talented than last year's team? Seems like we'll be stronger at LB and in the defensive backfield. QB, OL and RB are question marks, though.

We is also a question mark. And tight end. That doesn't leave much to be confident about on offense.

We is also a question mark. And tight end. That doesn't leave much to be confident about on offense.

Kasa is not a downgrade from Deehan. As a blocker, he'll be at least as good. As a receiver, it's not difficult to replace 24 catches with 1 TD.

Will be interesting to find out if we have a true #1 RB or #1 WR. Not sure we do

That's my big concern. I think we've got enough to be effective with a committee approach, but we need go-to guys at those positions who will put the team on their backs when the pressure's on. If we don't find those guys, it's the difference between being competitive and winning.

I get the questions about WR, but I feel confident in the RB. I think Jones will be very good, but maybe you're seeing something I'm not.

I think Duff is talking about something different. I think he means whether we have that guy who, when we need a yard, we can give him to ball and he'll find a way to get that yard. Or, in a game when the defense is gassing, do we have that guy who will be able to take the rock and make sure we have a long, sustained drive to ice the game. Basically, do we have an EB?

I think Duff is talking about something different. I think he means whether we have that guy who, when we need a yard, we can give him to ball and he'll find a way to get that yard. Or, in a game when the defense is gassing, do we have that guy who will be able to take the rock and make sure we have a long, sustained drive to ice the game. Basically, do we have an EB?

Bring the Payne

How in the world are we on page 4 of this thread and no one has answered, "ALL OF THEM!" Where the hell is Liver???

Pow! Will be our leading rusher. He will average 3.6ypc and will carry 100 times per game. He will giver the others confidence and time to develop. 7-3.

Back