What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Games Will We Win???

Which games will we win??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The primary reason that we're going to a bowl game - and we're going to a bowl game - is because we are due. Mother-freakin' due.

I think Duff is talking about something different. I think he means whether we have that guy who, when we need a yard, we can give him to ball and he'll find a way to get that yard. Or, in a game when the defense is gassing, do we have that guy who will be able to take the rock and make sure we have a long, sustained drive to ice the game. Basically, do we have an EB?
That makes sense. Thanks.

Nik said it better than I would have. I like Tony Jones, Davien Payne, Donta Abron, and Christian Powell. But right now, it looks more like a good collection of backs. Which guy can we count on above the others? That question probably needs to be answered if we are to be successful.

Stanford had four players with at least 50 carries (about 4-5 carries a game) in each of the last two seasons. But there is little doubt that Stephan Taylor is THE guy they want carrying the ball with the game on the line.

I get the questions about WR, but I feel confident in the RB. I think Jones will be very good, but maybe you're seeing something I'm not.

+1. If the line stays healthy, I think we will be very good a RB. If we cannot throw it, we are going to see teams stack the box and our running game will suffer. The QB and WR positions are big questions.

For some reason, I feel pretty confident that we'll be okay at WR and TE, between Kasa, the freshmen, and the possibility of a early/midseason PRich return. QB and RB are the biggest question marks IMO.

For some reason, I feel pretty confident that we'll be okay at WR and TE, between Kasa, the freshmen, and the possibility of a early/midseason PRich return. QB and RB are the biggest question marks IMO.
Interesting cuz I'm seeing things just the opposite. So many questions about this team!!! Can't wait to see them on the field.

My predictions/allbuffs reactions
CSU: win. Thank God that ****fest is over.
SacSt: win. Game = meh, but damn was it nice to tailgate in Boulder again! **** Denver.
FresnoSt: Loss. DOOM! DOOM! I tell you - we are still a sucky road team, a mediocre team that even in their best years wasn't very good beat us. Oh god, we suck...
Wazzu: win. We're 1-0, 1-0 baby! We can win on the road, Leach is, and has always been, our little bitch.
UCLA: win. 2-0 Baby! Why the **** wasn't slick rick here? This could have, should have been so much better...
ASU: loss. WTF? Really? Worst team in the south, and we suck it up that bad? Brown is the worst DC ever. EVER! And Marshal sucks too!
USC: loss. Scotch. No, not the good stuff, I just want to not remember this...
UO: loss. Just happy we never sobered up from last weekend - there's no way we'll remember this.
Stanford: loss. Ok, Boulder is great in the fall. Best football setting ever. And you give us this? It can't even be called football. It's embarrassing. Bohn = out. Brown = out. Marshall = out. Embry & Bienimy, sorry guys, we wanted it to last but = out. Cabral - you're a buff for life, but it's time dude. We're sorry.
Arizona: win. Woah! Hell yeah!!! All those firings we recommended last week? Yeah, we're sorry, we were just coming off a three-week bender. I mean, you can't hold us responsible for what we said; we really didn't mean it guys.
UW: loss. No, we really did mean it. Well, maybe. Tell you what, win next week, get us to a bowl game, and we'll forget all about it. If the Utards win though, we're serious. You're all out. And we're sending you our drug and alcohol bill for the last 5 seasons. Bohn, that bill is for you. We like the other guys, they're just not cut out for this. It's not their fault - it's yours. You hired them. So you're buying our booze. Unless we win next week. Then none of this ever happened.
Utah: win. Party, party! We're finally on the way back! Hell yeah! (Bohn, we still want our booze money for the last 5 years - but you can keep your job).
Directional school at Big Al's Auto Barn Bowl: win. Now we're definitely on an upswing! Wait till you see our recruiting class. Watch out P12, you're all going down next year!

Nik said it better than I would have. I like Tony Jones, Davien Payne, Donta Abron, and Christian Powell. But right now, it looks more like a good collection of backs. Which guy can we count on above the others? That question probably needs to be answered if we are to be successful.

Stanford had four players with at least 50 carries (about 4-5 carries a game) in each of the last two seasons. But there is little doubt that Stephan Taylor is THE guy they want carrying the ball with the game on the line.

I like those guys, too, what I know about them. But the problem is SO, FR, FR, FR with little and no experience.

My predictions/allbuffs reactions
CSU: win. Thank God that ****fest is over.
SacSt: win. Game = meh, but damn was it nice to tailgate in Boulder again! **** Denver.
FresnoSt: Loss. DOOM! DOOM! I tell you - we are still a sucky road team, a mediocre team that even in their best years wasn't very good beat us. Oh god, we suck...
Wazzu: win. We're 1-0, 1-0 baby! We can win on the road, Leach is, and has always been, our little bitch.
UCLA: win. 2-0 Baby! Why the **** wasn't slick rick here? This could have, should have been so much better...
ASU: loss. WTF? Really? Worst team in the south, and we suck it up that bad? Brown is the worst DC ever. EVER! And Marshal sucks too!
USC: loss. Scotch. No, not the good stuff, I just want to not remember this...
UO: loss. Just happy we never sobered up from last weekend - there's no way we'll remember this.
Stanford: loss. Ok, Boulder is great in the fall. Best football setting ever. And you give us this? It can't even be called football. It's embarrassing. Bohn = out. Brown = out. Marshall = out. Embry & Bienimy, sorry guys, we wanted it to last but = out. Cabral - you're a buff for life, but it's time dude. We're sorry.
Arizona: win. Woah! Hell yeah!!! All those firings we recommended last week? Yeah, we're sorry, we were just coming off a three-week bender. I mean, you can't hold us responsible for what we said; we really didn't mean it guys.
UW: loss. No, we really did mean it. Well, maybe. Tell you what, win next week, get us to a bowl game, and we'll forget all about it. If the Utards win though, we're serious. You're all out. And we're sending you our drug and alcohol bill for the last 5 seasons. Bohn, that bill is for you. We like the other guys, they're just not cut out for this. It's not their fault - it's yours. You hired them. So you're buying our booze. Unless we win next week. Then none of this ever happened.
Utah: win. Party, party! We're finally on the way back! Hell yeah! (Bohn, we still want our booze money for the last 5 years - but you can keep your job).
Directional school at Big Al's Auto Barn Bowl: win. Now we're definitely on an upswing! Wait till you see our recruiting class. Watch out P12, you're all going down next year!

Nailed it.

No D-Line, No secondary, No receivers, etc. I expect two or three wins from CU, sadly. Embree is having a tough go of it.

Stanford is going to crush people this year. Sorry, Unleash Hell. Run game will be most punishing in CFB. Nottingham has a stronger arm than Luck. Multiple 1st round NFL picks in the LB corps, elite athletes in the secondary. Barry Sanders returning punts. 10-12 wins.

Last edited:
No D-Line, No secondary, No receivers, etc. I expect two or three wins from CU, sadly. Embree is having a tough go of it.

Stanford is going to crush people this year. Sorry, Unleash Hell. Run game will be most punishing in CFB. Nottingham has a stronger arm than Luck. Multiple 1st round NFL picks in the LB corps, elite athletes in the secondary. Barry Sanders returning punts. 10-12 wins.
You just lost a lot of credibility by trying to claim/infer you've improved in any way at the QB position by losing Luck.

****, you are the closest thing to a B12 troll we've had in the pac12. As in, you are ****ing stupid.

Nottingham throws the ball harder than Luck. FACT. Pep Hamilton the OC says "He has extreme arm talent." Jon Wilner says the same thing. Nobody said he's an improvement over Andrew Luck.

Stanford just may win the conference this year. Along with USC and Oregon they will outmatch the rest of us.
First two are easy wins, Fresno could be tough but not what they used to be. WSU UCLA and ASU are all breaking in new coaches, Arizona will be the cellar dweller, UW and Utah have to play at Folsom late in the season
9-3

Stanford just may win the conference this year. Along with USC and Oregon they will outmatch the rest of us.
First two are easy wins, Fresno could be tough but not what they used to be. WSU UCLA and ASU are all breaking in new coaches, Arizona will be the cellar dweller, UW and Utah have to play at Folsom late in the season
9-3

I'm not sold on Oregon this year. You don't just replace LaMike. I believe he was #2 all-time in Pac-10/12 rushing yardage. They also break in a new QB. SC looks ridiculous on offense with Barkley throwing to Woods, Lee, Farmer. Curtis McNeal is pretty good. But, I can see them losing to the Cardinal in Palo Alto.

9-3

Thai sticks?

Just to save everyone the trouble of figuring out who picked us to lose to the lambs... it was me. With a new QB and secondary in their first game, I'm concerned that we make mistakes left and right and give it away. The D was far less than good last year and we lost a ton of experience. I know the lambs have a new HC and horrible DL, but after decades of watching this matchup I simply don't think that we can take this one for granted.

Plus, I've broken the jinx all of you would have put on us by unanimously picking CU.

102 votes, 101 picked CU.

Kool-aid drinkers: SHOW ME THE REP(ey)!!!:smile:

Negrep for asking for rep from guessing our loss. Eat****, asshole.

LOL. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

What was I supposed to think after the two games I attended over the last two years (Cal in '10 and Stanford in '11)? Based on those results, I don't know how anyone could think CSU was a sure thing. That said, if we lose next week, I'll be apoplectic.

What was I supposed to think after the two games I attended over the last two years (Cal in '10 and Stanford in '11)? Based on those results, I don't know how anyone could think CSU was a sure thing. That said, if we lose next week, I'll be apoplectic.

Will you rep people who picked us to lose next week?

Don't get me wrong. I'm never giving in no matter how this team performs; these are young kids who need our support after all. I reserve the right to be a realist and grouse along the way though.

I didn't think CSU was a sure thing. My win prediction for this season was 3 wins believing it was entirely possible we would only win 2. Doesn't mean I would want people to rep me for being right. That ****ing sucks. Don't celebrate your pick when it means the Buffs lost. That's bad fan status.

I didn't think CSU was a sure thing. My win prediction for this season was 3 wins believing it was entirely possible we would only win 2. Doesn't mean I would want people to rep me for being right. That ****ing sucks. Don't celebrate your pick when it means the Buffs lost. That's bad fan status.

I intended the post as gallows humor and thought it would be worth some laughs. You don't call everyone on the site a koolaid drinker really expect them to rep you! At the rate it's going I might soon be in red.

I'm absolutely not celebrating my pick; I HATE losing to CSU. I'm just astounded that out of 100+ picks I was the only one who picked us to lose. Had there been ANYONE else with me, I'd have kept my mouth shut.

Many of the 100+ with overblown expectations are now calling for coaches to lose their jobs. I'm not. I hoped we'd win the game but didn't expect it. I knew that this would tough rebuilding job for JE and co. They still have my full support.

Back