What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who do you consider the 2008 National Champion?

Who is your 2008 National Champion?

• Total voters

Jens1893

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Not the best team right now, but if you could cast a vote, who would you give it to? Poll to follow

Final AP Rankings

1. LSU (60) 12-2 1,620
2. Georgia (3) 11-2 1,515
3. USC (1) 11-2 1,500
4. Missouri 12-2 1,347
5. Ohio State 11-2 1,346
6. West Virginia 11-2 1,342
7. Kansas (1) 12-1 1,303
8. Oklahoma 11-3 1,139
9. Virginia Tech 11-3 1,096
10. Texas 10-3 962
10. Boston College 11-3 962
12. Tennessee 10-4 904
13. Florida 9-4 685
14. Brigham Young 11-2 654
15. Auburn 9-4 648
16. Arizona State 10-3 587
17. Cincinnati 10-3 566
18. Michigan 9-4 508
19. Hawaii 12-1 460
20. Illinois 9-4 443
21. Clemson 9-4 353
22. Texas Tech 9-4 308
23. Oregon 9-4 253
24. Wisconsin 9-4 202
25. Oregon State 9-4 110
Others Receiving Votes
Virginia 66, Penn State 61, Kentucky 57, Wake Forest 53, Boise State 25, Arkansas 13, Utah 9, Mississippi State 7, Appalachian State 5, South Florida 5, Tulsa 4, Connecticut 3, Air Force 2, Rutgers 2.
Dropped From Rankings
Virginia 21, South Florida 23, Boise State 24, Arkansas 25.

Southern Cal gets my vote. I hate the pricks, but they're a damn good football team with no real weaknesses.

FYI, I created this thread as a follow up on this thread here

View Poll Results: Will you consider Ohio State/LSU the best team in the nation?

Yes
4DemBuffs, 77buff, Bama Charlie, Buffarino, Cornh8er, leftybuff, Marching Buff, PhillyBuff, rynobuff, stampy

No
66BUFF, 92Buff, atlbuff, BeachBronco, beltway buff, Bienemy4life, buffalo30, BuffaloT, Buffslax2, BUFFSROCKS, BuffTuba, canbuff, chipwich, Coloradosker, Craven Creek, CU827, CUBUFF80, DBT, DTCBuff, fhsbuff10, FlatironsBuffy, gobuffs86, GoldStampede, IDBUFF, jeff1545, Jens1893, Junction, Lord Helmet, RalphieMalph, RuffBuff, SanDiegoBuff, ScotchBuff, Skidmark, SuperiorBuff, Swish, Tucker, unbiasedtruth, unionbuff, Unleash Hell, valdezj, Waylon Van Smack, west coast

Rankings crack me up. Can someone explain to me how Auburn is ranked behind Florida, even though they have the same record and Auburn beat them in Gainesville?

LSU gets my vote, but only because someone has to get it.

To me, you have to have at least played in your conference championship game or been the outright winner of your conference to be consider the national Champion.

66, so in your mind CU does not have a national championship?

To me, you have to have at least played in your conference championship game or been the outright winner of your conference to be consider the national Champion.

OU and VT have 3 losses so I left them out.

FYI, I created this thread as a follow up on this thread here

View Poll Results: Will you consider Ohio State/LSU the best team in the nation?

Yes
4DemBuffs, 77buff, Bama Charlie, Buffarino, Cornh8er, leftybuff, Marching Buff, PhillyBuff, rynobuff, stampy

No
66BUFF, 92Buff, atlbuff, BeachBronco, beltway buff, Bienemy4life, buffalo30, BuffaloT, Buffslax2, BUFFSROCKS, BuffTuba, canbuff, chipwich, Coloradosker, Craven Creek, CU827, CUBUFF80, DBT, DTCBuff, fhsbuff10, FlatironsBuffy, gobuffs86, GoldStampede, IDBUFF, jeff1545, Jens1893, Junction, Lord Helmet, RalphieMalph, RuffBuff, SanDiegoBuff, ScotchBuff, Skidmark, SuperiorBuff, Swish, Tucker, unbiasedtruth, unionbuff, Unleash Hell, valdezj, Waylon Van Smack, west coast

Hmmmmm... I don't even remember this poll. Looks like I lied. :smile2:

Georgia is getting WAY too much love for spanking a piece of **** Hawaii team. Kansas is not getting enough for beating VT and USC would spank them all....

Georgia is getting WAY too much love for spanking a piece of **** Hawaii team. Kansas is not getting enough for beating VT and USC would spank them all....

It's not just the Hawaii win, Georgia finished the season strong.

we have a trophy that the AP presented saying we are but, what is to stop Allbuffs or any other group from making a trophy and presenting it to CU each year as its choice for MNC.

are you really a champion if you dont win it on the field?

It's not just the Hawaii win, Georgia finished the season strong.

There were many years in the 90s when FSU was by far the best team in the nation at the end of the season but lost a game early which took them out of contention. I'm not on that bandwagon for Georgia.

If you can't even qualify for your conference championship then you should not have a chance. Just enjoy the big money you got and go home.

Last edited:
we have a trophy that the AP presented saying we are but, what is to stop Allbuffs or any other group from making a trophy and presenting it to CU each year as its choice for MNC.

are you really a champion if you dont win it on the field?

Cool, just wanted to understand where you were coming from.

I voted for MU but really do not think it is possible to tell you who should get the nod. Right now, I think it would be tough to say who would win a playoff. USC, GA, LSU, MU, KU, or WVU would all have a chance. I think that OSU and Hawaii would get beat by any of them.

Hmmmmm... I don't even remember this poll. Looks like I lied. :smile2:

Me, too. :(

I voted for LSU purely because I didn't see the USC or Georgia games, so my vote is cast in ignorance. I wish the AP and BCS could be so honest.

LSU did look good, though. And kinda like the oscar given to Denzel for training day, LSU was destined to get it this year after their previous attempt a few years back was denied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back