What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who do you want to see at OC?

I've heard Stitt's name tossed around quite frequently on these boards. I've read the USA article on him, but can someone explain why he is such an attractive option? What makes him so desirable?

I've heard Stitt's name tossed around quite frequently on these boards. I've read the USA article on him, but can someone explain why he is such an attractive option? What makes him so desirable?

Innovative spread offenses
Has to recruit Colorado heavily - has connections at nearly every Colorado high school

Honestly, I want a guy that runs something closer to Chip Kelly's offense than the pass first stuff out of the guys we've mentioned already.... or at least, one of the air raid guys that runs a balanced O.

Localism

I like the idea of locking up Colorado, but would rather have the guy that orchastrated the #9 pass attack at the Division I level than the guy who kicked butt in Golden. I guess we'll see soon, but believe outside of this message board the overall reaction to Stitt would be

"See what CU did wrong this time".

Shoulder to Shoulder, lock up the existing keepers Mac!!!!

Just hope that where he can upgrade on his staff now that he has the money, he will not be afraid to make a change. Also, SJSU may hire one of his coordinators for the HC position. You never know.

I like the idea of locking up Colorado, but would rather have the guy that orchastrated the #9 pass attack at the Division I level than the guy who kicked butt in Golden. I guess we'll see soon, but believe outside of this message board the overall reaction to Stitt would be

"See what CU did wrong this time".

Shoulder to Shoulder, lock up the existing keepers Mac!!!!

Stitt =/= Dave Logan

Stitt is nationally respected, and we if we don't get him then he will likely be at a Top 15 program at this time next season.

Stitt =/= Dave Logan

Stitt is nationally respected, and we if we don't get him then he will likely be at a Top 15 program at this time next season.

Stitt is a great young mind, but we may be over-hyping him just a bit. He is certainly well respected among certain coaching circles.

I don't dislike Stitt, I would take him in as a co-OC. No way I give him the keys to the O right off the bat. Let him learn under an exp BCS OC. JMHO.

Stitt is a great young mind, but we may be over-hyping him just a bit. He is certainly well respected among certain coaching circles.

I don't dislike Stitt, I would take him in as a co-OC. No way I give him the keys to the O right off the bat. Let him learn under an exp BCS OC. JMHO.

This I could support. But to take on shared roles right now at the start of a staff? It certainly would be a bold move for a new BCS coach.

QB coach/Assistant OC? Something like that?

This I could support. But to take on shared roles right now at the start of a staff? It certainly would be a bold move for a new BCS coach.

CoOC, PG coordinator. Whatever. Just not too keen on letting him run the O by himself. Especially with HCMM being a defensive guy.

CoOC, PG coordinator. Whatever. Just not too keen on letting him run the O.

Then you won't have to worry - he's already said he isn't going anywhere that he doesn't have complete control of the offense.

Some of you are really delusional about our standing in college football right now. For those saying Stitt doesn't have enough experience to be OC at CU, Chip Kelly went straight from being the OC in 1-AA to being the OC at Oregon. I'll let you figure out how that compares to a guy who has been OC and HC at a 1-AA school going to a 1-11 program.

Some of you are really delusional about our standing in college football right now. For those saying Stitt doesn't have enough experience to be OC at CU, Chip Kelly went straight from being the OC in 1-AA to being the OC at Oregon. I'll let you figure out how that compares to a guy who has been OC and HC at a 1-AA school going to a 1-11 program.

Chip came into a awesome situation at UO. Stitt wont have the same caliber of talent that Chip had.

If you're saying Stitt is the next CK, i wont have any issues with being wrong.

Chip came into a awesome situation at UO. Stitt wont have the same caliber of talent that Chip had.

And Stitt doesn't have much at Mines yet he's considered a offensive genius. If its not us it'll be a top 15 program. He needs to be in Boulder. His philosophies are used across the country by high scoring offenses.

What's your point? You were saying Stitt doesn't have enough experience, yet he's more experienced than Kelly was when he took over the offense at Oregon.

Yes, this has been a popular trend for a while. HS coaching "genius" moving into big time college ball. Gus Malzahn, Chad Morris, Chip, I'd put Stitt in there with them. He's an offensive guru that people like Holgersen and Sumlin respect.

What's your point? You were saying Stitt doesn't have enough experience, yet he's more experienced than Kelly was when he took over the offense at Oregon.

The current state of our football program is pretty bad. Its a dumpster fire. Imo we need an experienced play caller to get this program back on track.

Comparing Stitt to Kelly based on HC exp is a bit much imo. I'm actually happy to see some koolaide flowing around here. Its been too long. :lol:

If he doesn't come here Stitt will end up at some big time BCS program. Reed made the point that if Texas AM OC goes to be the Texas Tech HC that he will immediately put in a call to Stitt for OC.

The current state of our football program is pretty bad. Its a dumpster fire. Imo we need an experienced play caller to get this program back on track.

Comparing Stitt to Kelly based on HC exp is a bit much imo. I'm actually happy to see some koolaide flowing around here. Its been too long. :lol:
Would it be much if their were these comparisons before Kelly went off at Oregon? Stitt is experienced, his philosophies are used across the country, he is very respected across the nation, and he isn't working with much at Mines, as I said earlier. I don't think anyone expects him to be on Kelly's level but you're acting like this guy is some scrub that no other program wants.

OK, but you are going to have a tough time getting a guy who is both experienced and good to come to a dumpster fire. If choosing between a guy who is experienced and mediocre or a rising star but inexperienced, I'll take the rising star every time.

Also, why is comparing Stitt's experience to Kelly's a bit much? He's quite a bit more experienced than Kelly was before Oregon hired him as OC.

I don't think anyone expects him to be on Kelly's level but you're acting like this guy is some scrub that no other program wants.

I stated earlier that I liked Stitt. Just because Im not jumping on the "Stitt is a Genius" bandwagon doesn't mean Im calling him a "scrub no other program wants".

Dial it down a bit Superfan.

Mines is Div 2 not 1 AA right.

Back