What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who do you want to win the Big XII Championship game?

Who would you rather win the Big XII Championship game?

• Nub-raska

Votes: 30 19.4%
  • Texas

Votes: 101 65.2%
  • Doesn't matter I hate them both!

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Earthquake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tornado

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I gotta go for the nubs. Division loyalty and my passionate dislike for a Texas fan that runs a BBQ truck here in monument because of his dismissive atitude has me going that way

i have a neighbor like that. after 05 and VY, he wears UT gear like pretty much everyday when he's not at work.

"Surface, Surface, Surface!_ - navybuff back after the trip to Colorado!

Tex-ass. I want my boys to be able to experience the fun of following a winner since we won't be seeing one in Boulder anytime soon.

F*** YOU AND THANKS BENSON AND DISTEFANO!

onemore reason to hate hawk. He is making me cheer for Texass by sucking so bad this year.

Very easy for me to pull for UT.
1) I live here.
2) Went HS in Dallas and very familiar with UT for a long time.
3) Have been a Buff since coming out of the womb.
4) And due to 3) have HATED F***ING NeBARFska ever since.
My father (CU '70) raised me right.
NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, ROOT FOR THE F***ING CORNHOLERS!
'Nuff said. And yes, my boys were flashing the "Hook 'Em" to ****er fans after the game in Boulder on Friday. :smile2:

Pulling for Texas? I really don't get it.

To each his own I guess.

I'm not kidding when I say this (nor am I trying to be ****ty): I find it far more perplexing that someone would root for nebraska. I know we share a division and all, but I'm pretty sure we all understand that the division isn't really competitive at the moment.

When you really don't like a team, it's hard to understand how somebody else can root for them--I get that. But seriously, UT is based in a cool town, has a great academic reputation, a good-looking logo, and more often than not, I tend to like the Texas fans I meet. I find more compelling reasons to root for the burnt orange than the huskers.

To each his own indeed.

I'm not kidding when I say this (nor am I trying to be ****ty): I find it far more perplexing that someone would root for nebraska. I know we share a division and all, but I'm pretty sure we all understand that the division isn't really competitive at the moment.

When you really don't like a team, it's hard to understand how somebody else can root for them--I get that. But seriously, UT is based in a cool town, has a great academic reputation, a good-looking logo, and more often than not, I tend to like the Texas fans I meet. I find more compelling reasons to root for the burnt orange than the huskers.

To each his own indeed.

Props to you my man. Rep sent.:thumbsup:

Gotta go with UT. I tried to convince myself that 2 BCS bids and a North victory would be good for CU, but you've got to know yourself. And I know that once the game starts I'll be hoping that Nebraska gets woodshedded on national television.

Never root for the nubs. I'll borrow a page from the aggies and go:

Aggie%20at%20the%20Rose%20Bowl-thumb.jpg

Of course I'd like for us to win...I doubt we do. I'm going to the game with my old man too. Im excited to see this fancy schmancy new stadium that Jerry put up.

I'll take some pics

From Huskerpedia, they did a complete comparison of common opponents... Kind of interesting when you look at the CU games.

Colorado
Nebraska's take:The Huskers prevailed 28-20 at Boulder to finish their regular season. They were aided by two non-offensive touchdowns off returns of an interception and punt. The score is deceiving because the Buffaloes scored on the final play of the game.
The Nebraska offense gained only 217 yards, while Colorado put up 403.
Texas' take: The Longhorns, playing in Austin, beat the Buffaloes 38-14 as UT tuned up for Oklahoma.
The offense, which struggled early, didn't need to do a lot because the defense and special teams scored three touchdowns. Earl Thomas had a 92-yard interception return; Ben Wells picked up a blocked punt and Shipley scored on a punt return.
The defense forced starting quarterback Cody Hawkins out of the game. CU quarterbacks completed only nine passes and the Buff offense gained only 127 yards.

I personally think Nebraska's defense was about as good as Texas' this year. The CU offense was completely useless thru the Texas game and pretty decent by the end of the year. NU and UT were probably both looking ahead a bit and of course, turnovers and other big-play mistakes were prevalent in both games in equal doses from the Buffs. But there's no denying the offense at the end of the season was improving with each week....

I don't remember playing UT that evenly on the field in a long time (including 2001). And it's not just CU. All the teams are much closer this year than they've been in awhile and I think there's more parity each year now.

From Huskerpedia, they did a complete comparison of common opponents... Kind of interesting when you look at the CU games.

Colorado
Nebraska's take:The Huskers prevailed 28-20 at Boulder to finish their regular season. They were aided by two non-offensive touchdowns off returns of an interception and punt. The score is deceiving because the Buffaloes scored on the final play of the game.
The Nebraska offense gained only 217 yards, while Colorado put up 403.
Texas' take: The Longhorns, playing in Austin, beat the Buffaloes 38-14 as UT tuned up for Oklahoma.
The offense, which struggled early, didn't need to do a lot because the defense and special teams scored three touchdowns. Earl Thomas had a 92-yard interception return; Ben Wells picked up a blocked punt and Shipley scored on a punt return.
The defense forced starting quarterback Cody Hawkins out of the game. CU quarterbacks completed only nine passes and the Buff offense gained only 127 yards.

I personally think Nebraska's defense was about as good as Texas' this year. The CU offense was completely useless thru the Texas game and pretty decent by the end of the year. NU and UT were probably both looking ahead a bit and of course, turnovers and other big-play mistakes were prevalent in both games in equal doses from the Buffs. But there's no denying the offense at the end of the season was improving with each week....

I don't remember playing UT that evenly on the field in a long time (including 2001). And it's not just CU. All the teams are much closer this year than they've been in awhile and I think there's more parity each year now.
good lord. They get shut down by US on offense and they think there will be parity on the field in Texas?

I really don't care too much either way, but I think I'm leaning towards wanting neb to win. I'm tired of the south's dominance.

I won't really know who I want to win until the game is being played.

I will watch the game with no rooting interest...........

........and laugh at the losers. :devil:

KNU. I want to see a TCU vs Alabama/Florida in the championship game. That means UT has to lose.

When I started watching the KSU NU game a couple of weeks ago, I told myself "Self, you don't really care who wins, do you? You don't like either team, so what does it matter?"

Within 5 minutes, I found myself rooting for the purple pussies. Not a day in a year that I can pull for the fuskers. I hope the Horns absolutely bury the cornholers!!!

When I started watching the KSU NU game a couple of weeks ago, I told myself "Self, you don't really care who wins, do you? You don't like either team, so what does it matter?"

Within 5 minutes, I found myself rooting for the purple pussies. Not a day in a year that I can pull for the fuskers. I hope the Horns absolutely bury the cornholers!!!

I had a similar situation. I wanted Kjsu to lose to punish them for their schedule. But then they showed the Husker fans and I couldn't help stop rooting on the pussies.

As much as I hate seeing the South dominate, I want Texas to win. Someone in the Big XII needs to represent in the National Championship.

Is anyone else afraid of two smug fan bases getting together. If George Clooney happens to be at the game watch out.

SmugAlert

THIS THIS AND THIS!!! lol

Is anyone else afraid of two smug fan bases getting together. If George Clooney happens to be at the game watch out.

SmugAlert

Nope, but as the game is at Cowboys Stadium, you mght just want to send an AC130 or B52 to kill THREE birds with one stone.

Back