What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is better match up for us, Brady White or Manny Wilkins?

Its not close to the water bottle incident with the Duck cheerleaders. As I mentioned, I talked to a UCLA band member that backed me up. ASU is not know as a particularity hostile environment for visiting teams or fans, irrespective of your experience. You can get mugged in the area around the LA Colosseum. Its is usually small college towns like Tucson where the attitude is more extreme. The Phoenix meto area does not live and die on college athletics and many are transplants. Pro teams are #1 and all the things to do with the good weather in the fall. I would guess CU is laid back and too liberal to care about athletics to some degree. Sorry about your experience but in the big picture I question it as the general fan experience?
I can only speak to my experiences.

The fans that I've run into at PAC-12 BBall tourneys in Vegas also tend to exhibit the same douchiness. AZ are worse there, but at least they've won something, ever.

Its not close to the water bottle incident with the Duck cheerleaders. As I mentioned, I talked to a UCLA band member that backed me up. ASU is not know as a particularity hostile environment for visiting teams or fans, irrespective of your experience. You can get mugged in the area around the LA Colosseum. Its is usually small college towns like Tucson where the attitude is more extreme. The Phoenix meto area does not live and die on college athletics and many are transplants. Pro teams are #1 and all the things to do with the good weather in the fall. I would guess CU is laid back and too liberal to care about athletics to some degree. Sorry about your experience but in the big picture I question it as the general fan experience?
I was down in Tempe last year. Your girls are very hot and know how to party, but that's about all that I enjoyed. Some 50 year old guy said he had never seen a CU fan before and didn't know that they existed. That's your best trash talk really? And instead of making actual noise on third down, you all were trying to figure out how to use a flashlight on your phone. Guess it's that community college education you have all received. ****ty stadium and uneducated fans. Mill Ave is dope, but I thought I was going to catch a disease hooking up with any girl.

Just a matter of curiosity:

Do you find it at all interesting that on your first post on this board you essentially called out CU has having a bad fanbase, and now you're trying to explain what good folks ASU fans are?

OK, after the UCLA game last Saturday I was talking to a UCLA band member that said it is the worst place for them to visit by far. So as far as dicks I rest my case. The Bruin band travels to a lot of games in the conference. Then there is the never to be forgotten throwing of water bottles by Rat fans at the Oregon Duck cheerleaders, that resulted in a formal complaint filed? I know the next time they played in Tucson the cheer squad did not even make the trip. Not sure I have ever heard of that type of behavior from any other fan base?
Challenge accepted!

I was down in Tempe last year. Your girls are very hot and know how to party, but that's about all that I enjoyed. Some 50 year old guy said he had never seen a CU fan before and didn't know that they existed. That's your best trash talk really? And instead of making actual noise on third down, you all were trying to figure out how to use a flashlight on your phone. Guess it's that community college education you have all received. ****ty stadium and uneducated fans. Mill Ave is dope, but I thought I was going to catch a disease hooking up with any girl.
I dated an undergrad at ASU for a few years. I was living in San Diego at the time and she would generally spend two weekends in SD each month, and I would spend two in Tempe. I was reasonably familiar with the town (early 2000s, so it's been a while).

Tempe is where 80s hair-metal band members go to open bagel franchises. It's a lot cheesy.

But not horrible. I didn't love it there, and either did my girlfriend. But it wasn't Manhattan, Kansas bad, or Stillwater, and it was about a million times better than Lincoln. Just franchisey and cheesy.

My girlfriend used to call fake boobs "back to school specials" because the school newspaper featured an ad for a back to school discount on bolt-ons. It's just that kind of cheese-dick place. But fun. The people were pretty much like people are everywhere. Not horrible. Not good. Just people.

Last edited:
Based on my limited experience here with ASU fan, I'm not convinced paragraph breaks are even a thing.

First, ASU is typically one of the three largest public universities in the US, but its not like CU is a private academic power house like Stanford, get real??? US News & World Reports ranks ASU #129 and Colorado #92. You seriously have to look at graduate programs and research to gauge over all performance anyhow and we are hardly a gloried JC. In law, engineering, and business graduate programs here is how ASU compares with you guys: #25, # 43, and #35 compared with CU at #40, #33, #77, so please get off your high horse. Both have some great specialty areas even on the undergrad level not mentioned. ASU's Barrett Honor College is rated yearly as one of the top programs in the US. You sound like Donald Trump, if you say it enough it must be true.

First, ASU is typically one of the three largest public universities in the US, but its not like CU is a private academic power house like Stanford, get real??? US News & World Reports ranks ASU #129 and Colorado #92. You seriously have to look at graduate programs and research to gauge over all performance anyhow and we are hardly a gloried JC. In law, engineering, and business graduate programs here is how ASU compares with you guys: #25, # 43, and #35 compared with CU at #40, #33, #77, so please get off your high horse. Both have some great specialty areas even on the undergrad level not mentioned. ASU's Barrett Honor College is rated yearly as one of the top programs in the US. You sound like Donald Trump, if you say it enough it must be true.
I don't remember the word "glorified" being used in 1414's post.

He called it a JC for sure. As for dumping on ASU's stadium, Colorado's overall facilities are some of the worst in the conference since your AD and athletic department have not committed to spending what it takes? ASU is in the third year of a $300,000,000 plus stadium expansion, so I would suggest you take a serious look at the limits of your own facilities in comparison, before trashing ours? Colorado is at a serious recruiting disadvantage as the class rankings show in football. You are at a Mountain West Level. If you make the trip next year to Tempe there will be one of the biggest video screens in the country along with a number of other new facilities for the stadium fans. Its more like a new stadium than a remodel.

Last edited:
He called it a JC for sure. As for dumping on ASU's stadium, Colorado's overall facilities are some of the worst in the conference since your AD and athletic department have not committed to spending what it takes? ASU is in the third year of a $300,000,000 plus stadium expansion, so I would suggest you take a serious look at the limits of your own stadium in comparison, before trashing ours? Colorado is at a serious recruiting disadvantage as the class rankings show in football. You are at a Mountain West Level.
this ****ing guy...

He called it a JC for sure. As for dumping on ASU's stadium, Colorado's overall facilities are some of the worst in the conference since your AD and athletic department have not committed to spending what it takes? ASU is in the third year of a $300,000,000 plus stadium expansion, so I would suggest you take a serious look at the limits of your own facilities in comparison, before trashing ours? Colorado is at a serious recruiting disadvantage as the class rankings show in football. You are at a Mountain West Level. If you make the trip next year to Tempe there will be one of the biggest video screens in the country along with a number of other new facilities for the stadium fans. Its more like a new stadium than a remodel.
This is a post that was accurate in 2012.

ASU fans can quote all the rankings they want but they are still a national joke when it comes to their academic reputation. The campus blows, the stadium was a dump when I was there last year and their fans are just poor people who couldn't afford to live in California.

Yes he called it a junior college. Just not a glorified one. I apologize for having to explain that.

Are you serious on the facilities? No? You kidder...

Here you go since you are lazy at researching before you say something. And as for the community college thing, I am well aware that you are not a community college and your academics are similar to CU's in certain areas. Next time just type "300 million" instead of all the zeros. You are trying to make it more impressive than it really is. Congrats on your big scoreboard. I prefer to you know actually watch the games.

Graham is a D-bag due to something you read by sports writers on the East Coast? You should know by now not to trust their bias. For the record, Graham really likes your coach and said this week he is one of the top three in the PAC 12. It has taken five years to have the media question if he is going to stay in Tempe stop, even after he donated $500,000 to the renovation of Sun Devils Stadium. He does not throw players under the bus, the opposite is true, the APR of the football team has increased every year he had been at ASU. You won't hear him trash players like Rich Rod does in Tucson and blow his temper. Pitt was a bad gig, horrible fans, and Chyrst who replaced him has left for Wisconsin pretty fast as well. As for the infamous text message to the Pitt players, it is seldom pointed out that he was not allowed to talk to the players before leaving. Does not matter now, but please give me one example in the PAC were he was a jerk?
The. ****

Back