What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is your choice for the next CU head coach?

1. Miles
2. Mac/Scooter combo
3. Belotti
4. EB
5. Richt
6. Top BCS Assistant
7. Cabral

If we get an Calhoun/Logan scenario I will fight Mike Bohn.

1. Mac with EB
2. Mac with Jon Embree
3. Mac with Karl Dorrell
4. Mac with Brian Cabral
5. Mac with Steve Logan

Mike Bohn, don't screw this up.

I don't know that I have a top choice. I'd be very happy with any of:
Miles
Richt
Mac
Bellotti
EB
McElwain
Mullen
Cabral

Outside of those, I'd need some selling.

As far as the people we have a decent shot at getting (Don't believe Miles is even a remote chance at this point)

1. EB
2. Shaw
3. Dana Holgerson
4. Malzahn
5. Mac - love the guy and don't think age has anything to do with his ability. I also don't think that being out for so long
would hamper him from knowing how to build a successful offense and defense. I think that being out for so long would REALLY hurt him in recruiting though and if you can't start building some good classes right off the bat then we are not going to go anywhere.
6. Anybody left other than Calhoun or Logan

I'm a realist - gotta realize where we're at as a program and what kind of $$$ we'll have to put a staff together. That takes Miles and Richt off the board for me unfortunately.

1. Mac - if he can bring in EB as OC and agrees to stay 3-5 until this thing is fixed
2. Belotti - great coach who still knows the west coast and who'd probably like to stick it to the current top-program in the Pac-12
3. Hoke - if he can turn Ball State and SDSU into 9-10 win programs, gotta believe

Why the dislike for Pat Fitzgerald? I really like him as a candidate if we can get him away from his Alma mater.

2006 4-8
2007 6-6
2008 9-4
2009 8-5
2010 7-3

I'd say that's pretty good for a guy at Northwestern. Kind of a Harbaugh lite imo. I'd much rather take a chance on him who seems to be putting up 7-8 wins in the Big 10 as opposed to Calhoun who puts up 7-8 wins in the MWC. I'd worry about coaching contacts because of his lack of coaching experience, only about 12 years or so, but NW seems to keep rolling in solid coaches.

I know I'm going to get excoriated for this, but I'm surprised at the level of dislike of Calhoun. I really have no clue about the guy, good or bad. But it appears that everyone else has a pretty poor opinion of the guy. Why is that? Educate me, please.

Hoke had Ball State (aka Nut U) ranked just outside the Top 10 a few years back. That says a lot. His performance there springboarded him into the San Diego St job, where he has continued to impress.

I know nothing about Hoke..

He may not be my dream choice, but I'd be fine with Calhoun. Are people forgetting that Air Force had the #1 pass defense last year? Or that he outcoached Stoops in Norman earlier this year? Calhoun has learned under Mike Shanahan, Gary Kubiak, Jim Grobe. He's averaging over 8 wins a year at Air Force. He's quality, kind of reminds me of a young Coach Mac.

I know I'm going to get excoriated for this, but I'm surprised at the level of dislike of Calhoun. I really have no clue about the guy, good or bad. But it appears that everyone else has a pretty poor opinion of the guy. Why is that? Educate me, please.

I agree with you here. I think he is a good coach and an upgrade over Hawkins. Far better than hiring someone like a McElwain IMO

He may not be my dream choice, but I'd be fine with Calhoun. Are people forgetting that Air Force had the #1 pass defense last year? Or that he outcoached Stoops in Norman earlier this year? Calhoun has learned under Mike Shanahan, Gary Kubiak, Jim Grobe. He's averaging over 8 wins a year at Air Force. He's quality, kind of reminds me of a young Coach Mac.
Also, anyone who wants to discount his success at Air Force should remember that the Falcons were in a 3-year funk with Fisher DeBerry before he got there. He almost got the Tennessee job last year.

Calhoun lover.:smile2:

j/k I think Calhoun is a decent coach. He is absolutely an upgrade over you know who, but he really isn't the kind of guy who is going to create a splash. He is another mid-major HC, with no HC BCS experience. I guess he was OC at Wake, so he has that going for him, but when you think of somebody who is going to rally the troops, understand the culture at CU and win, I think Mac.

Others who could step up and be considered from day one the equals of their peers in Pac 12 coaching circles, Miles, Richt, EB, the name Calhoun is pretty blah. I hate to think all we can do is raid the AFA for our coaches. It looks small time all the way around, which is probably unfair to Calhoun, but perception is reality.

In no particular order:

Hoke, Bellotti, Malzahn, Harbaugh (hey, Valdez put it out there).

Pies in the Sky:

Les Miles, Vince Lombardi, Bear Bryant

We need an ultimate coaching competition, similar to the ultimate hottie competition.

Pick a field of 16 coaches. Put them into four four-team brackets and have them go head to head.

We need an ultimate coaching competition, similar to the ultimate hottie competition.

Pick a field of 16 coaches. Put them into four four-team brackets and have them go head to head.

I'd love it if that full-on hotty from Chuck was our next head coach!

I really dont understand how people can be backing Hoke and talking down Calhoun. Will someone please expalin?

I really dont understand how people can be backing Hoke and talking down Calhoun. Will someone please expalin?

1. Hoke turned around two programs as a HC.
2. Hoke has more coaching experience at the BCS level.
3. Hoke has ties to the West coast at San Diego State and formerly at Oregon State.
4. Hoke has hired a good staff at San Diego State.

3. Hoke has ties to the West coast at San Diego State and formerly at Oregon State.

5. Coach Hoke has a better haircut.

Seriously, didn't you people learn anything about hair grooming standards during the Hawkins era?

5. Hoke has a better haircut

added

Back