What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is your regent?

I don't disagree - just saying that is what the excuse is going to be for why we can't be good in football

Fact is, we fans have no clue where we are financially. At least I don't. So if I argue "build new facilities" and they say "we don't have the money," how can I rebut that?

So very, very tired of hearing the state funding excuse over and over again. Isn't that the impetus behind the $1.5B endowment campaign? Stop with the whining, already.

Putting my ballot in the mail and went with Davidson although nothing clearly led me to believe he'd push for Athletics...could care less about party affiliation in these races, but thought the following merited my vote:

1. He actually graduated from CU Boulder (Ludwig was a CU Springs guy so could probably care less about Boulder athletics)
2. He responded to my email and Sacky's email (Ludwig also did not)
3. He's fresh blood and not the incumbent who's stood behind this mess for awhile

The Gallegos guy has pics of him/family tailgating at a CU game, along with a pic of Folsom saying "Go CU!" Fwiw

Guys - if you can, please hold off on submitting your ballots. We're going to be releasing some features on the regents over the next few weeks that hopefully give some insight into their stances on athletics.

This argument holds NO water.

1. CU athletics is self-sustaining. And revenue is up over 200%.
2. CSU is facing the same funding constraints. They will build a 250mil stadium.

I think Michael's point was/is that there is so much shortfall on the academic side that they are pumping alumni much harder for academic donations than athletic donations. This is BECAUSE the AD is self-sustaining, not despite it.

Alternatively, you can think of the pool of overall alumni donations as a finite amount. There are certain donors who will donate to the school and not the AD and vice versa, but I'd bet a majority of these are donations from alumni or supporters that could go either way. If you have to rely more for donations to run the academic side of the house, you will not get as many for AD.

Guys - if you can, please hold off on submitting your ballots. We're going to be releasing some features on the regents over the next few weeks that hopefully give some insight into their stances on athletics.

Since Ludwig has ignored all of our emails from Allbuffs posters, are we endorsing Davidson simply for being a CU Boulder grad and the fact that he has responded?

Davidson for At Large Regent 2012.

Grand Junction District 3
Glen Gallegos vs incumbent Tillman Bishop

Gotta say Gallegos is more sports friendly than Tillman. Gallegos has coached every sport conceivable.
"Mesa County AAU Basketball, and IAABO Basketball Official. Junior Football, T-ball, Baseball, and Basketball Coach."

Dude. Did you see the new forum. Also, Bishop isnt running.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Back