What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who leads the Buffs in rushing this year?

2016 rushing leader?

• Michael Adkins

• Beau Bisharat

• Dino Gordon

• Donovan Lee

• Phillip Lindsay

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for Lee because I've been so impressed with the big play ability and what a natural runner he is. Doesn't run like a finesse guy and he looked jacked at the spring game. He's going to bust out this year.

That said, Lindsay is my favorite player on the team. We'll see a lot of him this year and he'll be the emotional leader of the offense. Guys with the passion and fight like Lindsay elevate the entire team. And if the Buffs need a yard or need a RB to sell out and pick up a DL to keep Sefo clean, Lindsay's the guy I trust to make that happen. He's got more big play ability than most people realize, too.

I think Lee leads the team in all purpose yardage, but for pure running back, they've all been recruited over - bish leads.
I actually think Julmisse is better than Bish. Y'all don't get too hyped up. Remember what happened the last time we signed a 4* running back?

We got 2 of them. One wasn't cut out for the position and never took a handoff (Polk) and the other was lazy, had no moves, and left after two unproductive years (Scott). The third running back we signed (Rodney Stewart) a last minute addition and lowly ranked 2* best out Scott from day 1 and is one of our ten best backs in school history.

Don't let the stars get your expectations up.
I think Lee leads the team in all purpose yardage, but for pure running back, they've all been recruited over - bish leads.

Darrell Scott was a 5*. Consensus top two RB in the country, and #1 by many services.

Just sayin.

Darrell Scott was a 5*. Consensus top two RB in the country, and #1 by many services.

Just sayin.
I go back every now and then and watch Scott's high school film, and I always think the same thing.

This guy just takes everything outside and outruns people. He had no moves other than running straight forward. I was shocked by his busting at the time, but we shouldn't have been.

I went with Lee. They had the replay of the USC game on the other day and Lee had some nice runs and plays against them. I am hoping a full year of practice and training and some good coaching help him to raise his game.

Went with Lee, as his YPC last year was impressive (well ahead of the rest of the team). Those stats came against the meat of our schedule and didn't include loading up against the non-conference. He also got better each game.

I'm swimming upstream on this one with Medford, as I also like Julmisse at RB and I've always thought Bisharat is a LB. 6'3" is a tall RB. I don't see the short-area quickness in Bisharat - but it's hard to be sure from HS film. Florida vs NorCal competition not nearly same. Bish may be more ready to play as his Dad played, and has been teaching him the "little things" that most HS RB's just don't learn (pass blocking, etc).

iirc, Polk was slotted for the defensive backfield before he ever stepped foot on campus.

Julmisse and Bisharat look to be multi-talented players, but I'm reluctant to project the production of any guy who has yet to hit the practice fields in Boulder.

Lee looks to be the big-play threat we need. I hope the staff doesn't try to hand the ball off the him 20 times a game. I'm not sure he has the body type to absorb that much punishment.

Adkins, in my opinion, is the most talented back. If he stays healthy there is no real chance he doesn't get the most yards or carries. Lindsay likes too much contact and has very little wiggle. He'll come in second if Adkins toughens up. Lee is a gadget player that needs more size to be the feature back.

exactly
I go back every now and then and watch Scott's high school film, and I always think the same thing.

This guy just takes everything outside and outruns people. He had no moves other than running straight forward. I was shocked by his busting at the time, but we shouldn't have been.
Exactly!!! Everyone has been talking **** about Scott since we got him. It wasn't his fault our O line couldn't open a whole and the coaches never realized that every time we gave him the ball on a sweep he picked up 40-60 yards. CU coaching staff ruined his football career.

exactly

Exactly!!! Everyone has been talking **** about Scott since we got him. It wasn't his fault our O line couldn't open a whole and the coaches never realized that every time we gave him the ball on a sweep he picked up 40-60 yards. CU coaching staff ruined his football career.

Bull****. What ruined his career was that he showed up as a freshman in bad shape. Then, he got himself into amazing condition by the spring game at the end of his freshman year. Dominated. Looked like he'd be the focal point of the offense. Then, I saw him over the summer before his sophomore camp at the Gamestop on Canyon on a release night... he was fat. In the opener, he was given 1 carry against CSU for that reason. He bitched publicly about wanting more carries and was used more the next week. Still totally out of shape and couldn't even outrun the Toledo linebackers. He moped all season, announced an intent to transfer with almost a month left in the season, he transferred out, got fatter, and was a seldom-used fullback at USF. Ran a 4.69 for the NFL after training to get in better shape for testing and got a cup of coffee during offseason camp with the Cowboys before being cut.

I'm not a Hawkins defender by any stretch of the imagination, but Darrell Scott's failure at the college level is on Darrell Scott.

Bull****. What ruined his career was that he showed up as a freshman in bad shape. Then, he got himself into amazing condition by the spring game at the end of his freshman year. Dominated. Looked like he'd be the focal point of the offense. Then, I saw him over the summer before his sophomore camp at the Gamestop on Canyon on a release night... he was fat. In the opener, he was given 1 carry against CSU for that reason. He bitched publicly about wanting more carries and was used more the next week. Still totally out of shape and couldn't even outrun the Toledo linebackers. He moped all season, announced an intent to transfer with almost a month left in the season, he transferred out, got fatter, and was a seldom-used fullback at USF. Ran a 4.69 for the NFL after training to get in better shape for testing and got a cup of coffee during offseason camp with the Cowboys before being cut.

I'm not a Hawkins defender by any stretch of the imagination, but Darrell Scott's failure at the college level is on Darrell Scott.
Agree, with the exception of his usage at USF. He had 153 carries for 800+ yards and 5 TDs. Nothing great, obviously, but not very good for a #1 prospect against lesser competition. On a side note, he tried to transfer to UCLA with Josh Smith and they didn't want him. Like you said, his failure as a college player is 100% on him.

He prob put on the weight so he could better plow threw the D since he only got to run the ball up the center cause we only had about 2 running plays with Hawkins.

Lindsay will be the workhorse but expect more TD's from Adkins and the highest yards per attempt from Lee.

a 5'5 2-star sure looked pretty good going through a line that "couldn't open a 'whole'"
It sure seemed to me that Speedy was so valuable because he could make his own yards. The way I remember it is that very often the play would break down and Speedy would have to improvise. I also remember him getting hit in the backfield a lot, and quite often breaking a tackle and turning it into something.

I think our o line was really pretty bad during Speedy's tenure, but we were lucky we had such a special back who could still make plays.

It sure seemed to me that Speedy was so valuable because he could make his own yards. The way I remember it is that very often the play would break down and Speedy would have to improvise. I also remember him getting hit in the backfield a lot, and quite often breaking a tackle and turning it into something.

I think our o line was really pretty bad during Speedy's tenure, but we were lucky we had such a special back who could still make plays.
I'm just saying if a 5'5 2-star can do it then the top RB recruit in the nation should have no excuses.

I said Lindsay and part of it is because he is obviously most people's favorite player on the team but part of it is he is the leader on that offense and I think that means a lot in the run game. Now how long will he stay healthy as his weight? I don't know but hopefully they can limit his carries so he is super effective and the new offense helps him out by creating spacing so he doesn't have to take so many big hits in the middle.

exactly

I really hope you start posting more.

I've always felt that with a better coach, David Harrison actually could have been an All-American third team or HH. I think it was Bobby Knight that said if he had Harrison, there was no way he'd have been out of shape. Projecting this to Scott, I feel that if we had better coaches, he would have been better. Yes, ultimately the blame is Scott's, but is the job of coaches not to push athletes past their mental barriers while teaching them physical tools?

I've always felt that with a better coach, David Harrison actually could have been an All-American third team or HH. I think it was Bobby Knight that said if he had Harrison, there was no way he'd have been out of shape. Projecting this to Scott, I feel that if we had better coaches, he would have been better. Yes, ultimately the blame is Scott's, but is the job of coaches not to push athletes past their mental barriers while teaching them physical tools?
My guess is that if we had better coaches he just would have been off the team sooner.

Running backs shouldn't be playing on twisted ankles, and they especially shouldn't be playing with a bad hammy like he had last year.

What you guys are saying is not lost on me. I just think there is a disconnect happening where you guys just can't tolerate him not being available all the time.

When he's available you play him. No matter how much practice time he's had, or if he had to leave at half-time of the previous game.

You want to win? Play the best talent. If he breaks, you move onto the next man. I don't think I'm saying anything ridiculous or new age here.

Lindsay played last year with a cracked rib. RB's will get dinged. They will get nagging injuries like an ankle. The thought by many on this board is that Adkins has talent, but he's soft and won't play through injuries that others will.

Lindsay played last year with a cracked rib. RB's will get dinged. They will get nagging injuries like an ankle. The thought by many on this board is that Adkins has talent, but he's soft and won't play through injuries that others will.

As an aside, even those of us who have that concern with Adkins also realize that Lindsay is an outlier the other direction. Dude played 2 games in high school on a torn ACL (rushing for just short of 300 yards in those games). Lindsay is exceptional, not the normal expectation for a player.

fwiw, I think it's good for both Adkins and Lindsay that they're friends and roomed together.

Back