What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who says Speedy isn't a short yardage back?

Good stat.

The fact that he has only faced 20 of those instances is also glaring. No telling how many third and longs we have been in over the last few years.

They way he moves and wiggles when he gets hit I can see how he always comes out with an extra yard or 2 of effort

I really wish we wouldn't knock a player's height....calling him a short yardage back? Can't we just say he gets a lot of yards and leave height out of it?

I think his ability to pick up the short yards (and ability to break long ones) coupled with the way that Lockridge has been running really gives us two nice backs. I also thought Speedy ran like he had a lot to prove after Lockridge got the start (of which I thought Lockridge did well too).

I rewatched the 2nd 1/2 of the game last night.

I came away with two things:

1 - Despite his wonderful game, it was apparent that Speedy still dances too much. He had some pretty large holes to work with, but started dancing, and they closed in on him quickly. He sometimes dances when he gets in space instead of just running through it.

2 - Hanesn played one hell of a game. That guy was money and it was by far the best QBing performance we've seen from a Buff in a long long time.

Oregon St isnt afraid to use JaQuizz in short yardage and they are similar. I liked that we did both last week, get him inside and and out. For the first time in awhile I couldnt say, "well here comes this or this play." I almost fell over with the option and fake fb dive toss. Speedy did a great job finishing on both but especially the second one.

He isn't as fast as advertised...should have made the endzone even though the UGA d backs had the angle.

Back