What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who was CU's best NFL player? Bleacher Report says Kordell

Kordell has had an increased presence on ESPN as of late... that's good to see

I did not know Anderson was NFL Defensive Player of the Year back in the day. Or is it, "back in the year?"

Love Kordell but no. Gurode for modern, although Al Williams was under appreciated due to being sentenced to time with the Bengals. I know a guy who played center at OK State who says that Steed was the hardest guy he ever played against and he kept that up for the Steelers.
Cliff Branch likely is the best overall. Four all pro teams four pro bowls, three rings, 8600 yards receiving, 67 Touchdowns and a record 99 yard reception in his 14 year career. That guy could fly.

Id say Brown, Fauria had a nice career too. Ted Johnson was going well for awhile till concussion problems. Kordell and Gurode are up there as well, cant speak to some of the guys mentioned.

I am surprised that no one mentions John Wooten. He was a monster in the OL back in the day when line play was a fist fight. Blocked for Jim Brown back in the days of Paul Brown. I always thought that Wooten really opened up CU to the great African American athlete...

He had a great record in NFL as an administrator also...Bio

Apologizes to Wyo Buff who had already mentioned Wooten.

Last edited:
We've has had some good linebackers, lineman, tight ends, and Kordell, but unfortunately our skill positions have been more sizzle than steak.

The ones that came to my mind immediately were Cliff Branch, Dick Anderson and John Wooten. I see they are mentioned quite a bit in this thread.

Last edited:
Back