What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who wins more games in 2017 - CU or Oregon?

Who wins more games in 2017 (regular season)?

• Colorado

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Oregon

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Buffs are replacing 8 defensive starters.
Ducks are trying to find a defense.

Both return a lot on offense, with the Ducks losing more (WR & TE).

Ducks also have the new HC thing happening, which often doesn't show up will in the win column the first year.

I'll take the Buffs with 8 and the Ducks at 7.

Here is UO's FBS schedules: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/pac-10/oregon-ducks.php

Ducks lose both CU and USC for 2017 and 2018.

That means the Ducks will have UA, ASU, UCLA, and Utah out of the South in addition to their North rivals. Utah will visit Eugene while ASU hosts the Ducks. Don't know who will host the Ducks between UA and UCLA.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/oregon/91625

They only lose three seniors from their defensive two deep (one starter) and six seniors from their offensive two deep (four starters).

I'm picking the Ducks and I want to puke as well.

Just everyone **** the ducks already. I hate them, they have no clue who they are except that they have Phil's money and quacky uniforms. They deserve nothing but buffalo **** on a stick.
We win 9 next year, whoregon ****s win 6.

More logical reply: we win 9 because of our non-conference schedule and talent/competition at quarterback to compensate for inexperience and new staff on D.

CU should go 3-0 in OOC (CSU, Northern Colorado, something called "Texas State")

U of O has tougher OOC- nubs at home, and Wyoming at Wyoming (did Mike Bohn schedule that one)? Wyoming should be improved next year under Bohl. I'll say they go 2-1.

CU and UO have 4 conference games in common in both location and opponent- @UCLA, @ASU, Arizona, and Cal. Let's say that this is a draw and CU/UO have the same record in these four games at 2-2.

CU has 5 P12 away games, UO has 4. UO has two games that should be no-hopers on their away game slate- Stanford and UW. CU gets 3 easier away games that are not common opponents with UO- OSU, Utah, and WSU. I'll say they lose WSU and split OSU and Utah.

CU gets USC and UW at home to round out the schedule. I'll say they split that at 1-1. Oregon has OSU, WSU, and Utah. I'll guess they'll go 2-1 in those games.

That puts CU at 7-5, and UO at 6-6. I'd say that sounds about right, although I think CU could easily win 8 next year with a couple of breaks.

We do-mainly because of our significantly easier OOC. I also wouldn't count out Nebraska beating them again. I do think they win in Laramie.

CU should go 3-0 in OOC (CSU, Northern Colorado, something called "Texas State")

U of O has tougher OOC- nubs at home, and Wyoming at Wyoming (did Mike Bohn schedule that one)? Wyoming should be improved next year under Bohl. I'll say they go 2-1.

CU and UO have 4 conference games in common in both location and opponent- @UCLA, @ASU, Arizona, and Cal. Let's say that this is a draw and CU/UO have the same record in these four games at 2-2.

CU has 5 P12 away games, UO has 4. UO has two games that should be no-hopers on their away game slate- Stanford and UW. CU gets 3 easier away games that are not common opponents with UO- OSU, Utah, and WSU. I'll say they lose WSU and split OSU and Utah.

CU gets USC and UW at home to round out the schedule. I'll say they split that at 1-1. Oregon has OSU, WSU, and Utah. I'll guess they'll go 2-1 in those games.

That puts CU at 7-5, and UO at 6-6. I'd say that sounds about right, although I think CU could easily win 8 next year with a couple of breaks.
Texas State, them those pussies that haven't won a game yet.

Oregon will win more..they finished strong...
I can't tell if you forgot the sarcasm font, are talking about recruiting instead of what happened on the field, or you mistook Oregon for USC or Stamford.

This is a tough one for me to pick.... The Duck in me wants to say Oregon, but even with this new and much improved staff there are still huge holes. The defence returns pretty much everyone although not sure that's a good thing since they were utter trash last year. This will be the 3rd scheme in 3 years for the juniors and seniors, but most of them suck so **** them as they wont matter in the new lineup. Hopefully the coaching staff can help the freshman who played well get rid of the godawful habits they started developing as the season went on.

The offence returns 8 or 9 starters and has decent depth except at WR/TE. The WRs are good, but Brown transferred (was probably going to make the biggest impact this year at WR) and they only have 5 scholarship players at that position. They lost the 3 best TEs, they have 2 left on the roster and don't have one committed this year. It seems as though they have thrown all their eggs in the Falo basket, but his recruitment is hard to judge so Oregon might only have 2 TEs next year.

Smart money is Colorado having a better season given how much change has happened at Oregon, but Oregon does have a fairly easy schedule where 8 wins is achievable. It wont really matter this year though as USC/UW are pretty much going to kill everyone on their schedule next year.

Also I will get this out of the way for you guys so you don't have to waste a post on it... **** the ducks.

We should definitely beat UA and Cal at home. RichRod is on his way out of Tucson and Cal will have a new coaching staff in place. UCLA & ASU's coaches are also on the hot seat so it could go either way. Maybe 3-1 is a likely outcome. with the loss being at the Rose Bowl.

Back