What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who would you hire and why?

since it is hypothetical...we should go for the biggest names possible...two are available. Tressel and Petrino. Tressel would be my choice. BP is a little too slimey for my taste. You could get Tressel in here for $2 mil a year with a lot of assurances. It would be worth it.

Sent fro 30000 feet on my iPAD. Love technology.

since it is hypothetical...we should go for the biggest names possible...two are available. Tressel and Petrino. Tressel would be my choice. BP is a little too slimey for my taste. You could get Tressel in here for $2 mil a year with a lot of assurances. It would be worth it.

Someone somehwere was saying Tressel's sanctions come with him if you hire him.

I'd have no problem with either of these guys if by some miracle we were willing to hire them. I couldn't care less about this squeaky clean image we're trying to portray. If we go the assistant route I like Bob Diaco or Kirby Smart, but I don't think Smart is leaving SEC country.

I am pretty sure Tressel's deal is something like a 5 year post season ban where he cannot coach in the game and maybe an initial suspension beginning his first season as a coach. I also think the 5 year clock started the day the he left tOSU.

Who would hire and why?

I am pretty sure Tressel's deal is something like a 5 year post season ban where he cannot coach in the game and maybe an initial suspension beginning his first season as a coach. I also think the 5 year clock started the day the he left tOSU.

I'm not sure how long the post season ban is on our current coaches but I think 5 years is optimistic...

Not saying he isn't qualified but you do know he has a history with us, right?

But the COI blew it in Tressel's case. The committee gave Tressel a five year show-cause, but the penalty only has teeth for the first five weeks of Tressel's first season, when he must miss games. He also must miss that season's bowl game.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...state-ncaa-sanctions/index.html#ixzz2BaYBwkBJ

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...-tressel-ohio-state-ncaa-sanctions/index.html

Lots of great Coaches mentioned here, but I would seriously consider Shawn Watson, OC at Louisville as a realistic option.

He has grown as a coach and has earned respect of the players where ever he goes. And he can recruit.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...tor-Shawn-Watson-awaits-chance?nclick_check=1

Not saying he isn't qualified but you do know he has a history with us, right?

Yep! I know he has a history with the Buff program. I also know what he accomplished with the Husker Offense, and what he has done while at Louisville. That alone speaks a great deal. Watson knows football and he knows how to run a high powered Offense. With Watson's connections, I hope the Colorado AD hives Watson a serious look if Embree doesn't work out.

'The goal is to find a coach who has the potential to beat oregon since they will be the class of the conference in the near future.
justin wilcox: proven to stop oregon's offense when he has the right talent on the field, plus he could bring tosh lupoi with him.
sonny dykes: he can try to outscore them. He almost outscored the johnny manziel with la tech's talent.

Last edited:
I'd take Dykes, Duff's boy Wilcox, Diaco, and a few others. Kinda cooled on Diaz but I haven't seen enough of Texas to know if their poor play on D is mostly on him. Love to have Dykes, I heard Kentucky is gonna make a move on him, who knows.

I'd take Dykes, Duff's boy Wilcox, Diaco, and a few others. Kinda cooled on Diaz but I haven't seen enough of Texas to know if their poor play on D is mostly on him. Love to have Dykes, I heard Kentucky is gonna make a move on him, who knows.

Yea, Dykes appears to be at the top of UK's list and he was a former assistant there:

Dykes is a former UK assistant who has done wonders at Louisiana Tech. He makes $750.000 there. A former Mike Leach disciple, he also coached alongside Dana Holgerson at Texas Tech. Dykes would be a popular hire among Kentucky fans who long for the Hal Mumme era. This would be a very good hire that I'd have no complaints over. Dykes, however, may be in line for a better opening if he plays his cards right.

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2012/11/5/3603174/kentucky-wildcats-football-where-do-we-go-from-here

Re: Who would hire and why?

Not afraid to think big.

Chip Kelly. Duh.

You'd think he would hold out for a bit better than Kentucky though? Not like they'll ever do anything of note in the SEC and you'll always be second fiddle to the bball team.

I think some of these guys are anxious to strike while the iron's hot. It's still LaTech, they can still fall off a bit next year and he'll lose his luster.

I think some of these guys are anxious to strike while the iron's hot. It's still LaTech, they can still fall off a bit next year and he'll lose his luster.

True. Happened to Pat Hill at Fresno. Seemed like he had plenty of chances to move up, never took it and Fresno never took the next step. I still think Dykes could do better than Kentucky this year.

True. Happened to Pat Hill at Fresno. Seemed like he had plenty of chances to move up, never took it and Fresno never took the next step. I still think Dykes could do better than Kentucky this year.

SEC's gonna be a tough sell for him, I think where Charlie Strong goes(if it's Arkansas) will set the wheels in motion for Sykes. Auburn and Tennessee think they need Gruden or something comparable hype wise, they might consider getting Sykes as settling. Kentucky might end up being his best bet.

Back