What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who's contemplating a switch (in Colorado) of providers in order to get Pac12 Network

no switching until I see what the HD options are. Non HD national channel on Comcast is a deal killer.

I'm in Iowa and when I call Dish customer service, they do act like they have never heard of it. They respond to my several times a day tweets that they have submitted a response. The cable company here is horrible in general as I can't buy the Fox Sports Networks as an option and they only carry Fox Chicago which I have no interest in. Also no interest in the Big 10 network.

Will definitely consider Direct if Charlie doesn't get me Pac12 network by basketball season.

I'm also going to email CU to see if there will be a BuffsTV option, like there has in past years. That is how I watched home games that weren't televised the past 3 seasons. Right now the sign-up screen only shows an option to sign up for audio only, so I don't think that is looking good.

According to Comcast you must have 1 level of sports package upgrade to get 1 PAC 12 channel and another upgrade to get the other.

We will switch to the provider that offers us the national and ALL regional networks. If DTV keeps dragging their feet, then we will make the switch. And they have also been informed.

Living with a Husky in Colorado makes that a definite. If we were living in Washington where he could get all his games and I potentially couldn't get all mine then we would do the same thing.

We have all the damn fox channels which for the most part show the same programming. And we gladly pay the $12 in the event that only the Fox Northwest is showing some obscure Husky game that DD wants to watch. Not seeing why it is so hard for DTV to offer this around the country.

There's at least as much blame to be put on the conference as their is on DTV. It's a business deal and both sides need to come to an agreement, but the Pac network is the one selling their product and exposure should be of more importance here than trying to squeeze every last penny out of DTV that they can.

i have been with directv for like 15 years and i am switching if they don't carry all the p12 net stuff. i've told them this. repeatedly.

it is the single most important programming decision they can make, imho.

i'll forgive the viacom debacle, but if they don't carry all the p12 nets, i'm gone. comcast is satan, but at least they have the p12 networks!

I just called Dtv and bitched..no news yet, only that they are working on it. I told him to make sure that he states in his preshift prebreifing tomorrow that all of us on a national board are going to be switching to Comcast if Dtv does not get this deal done.

I have sent 2 or 3 emails to directv regarding the Pac 12 network. I told them I have been a long time satisfied customer, but I will no longer be satisfied if they don't carry the Pac 12 network. I told them I will eventually change my service if the Pac 12 network is not available. They replied almost immediately to tell me that they are in negotiations with the Pac 12. I suspect they will have the Pac 12 network as part of their service when football season starts. I don't think they would respond quite so fast if they were ignoring the many customers' desire to have the network as part of their service.

Back