What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who's going to Ann Arbor?

Thanks J.R. Looks like you're in the DFW area based on some posts that I've read (longtime lurker and not-so-subtle username)? I moved down from Denver last September, looking forward to attending some watch parties.
I'm in Houston, but we have larger DFW contingent on the board.

I'm in Houston, but we have larger DFW contingent on the board.

H-Town: Ewing, Spiff, Lawdog, ????

DFW: Waldo, Blaise, GiA, Idot, EddieCrowder, Skid, AughtTwo, ???

C'mon down to Old Chicago (mockingbird station). Good times.

S/o to everyone who made the trip to give a good showing of the Black n Gold. Will be magical when we shock the world.

0856aa9ac87bb768aee186f54cb48296.jpg

Here’s a little guidance on where to go when you’re here.
Areas of Ann Arbor
o Main Street: much like Pearl Street. Lots of restaurants, bars. More of a mix of people with some students, lots of young professionals, families, etc. Highly recommended.
o State Street (and Liberty, near State Street) – a bit more like the Hill. A few bars, some good restaurants, a bit more students and some cheaper places to eat.
o South University: Student central. Cheap bars, tons of students, cheap eats
o The stadium is about a 20 minute walk from Main street.

Best places for a good beer:
• Breweries: Brewing Co, Grizzly Peak, Arbor Brewing Co, and Jolly Pumpkin are local breweries right downtown. Beers are decent, not amazing, but there should be good atmosphere at all. Best brewery in town, in my opinion, is Wolverine State Brewing Company. It is not downtown, but is a short 3 mile drive from downtown. Interestingly they serve only Lagers…but there are some damn tasty options (i.e. their Gulo Gulo, which is an IPL…great hops). It is off Stadium Blvd, it is off-set from the road, behind a building or two, big yellow sign. Cheap beers on Sundays.
• Bars: Beer Grotto has good selection of 40 drafts (no food, can bring in outside stuff), with good outdoor seating. Bill’s Beer garden is a favorite outdoor bar, gets crowded, but is pretty fun (can also bring in outside food, and there are food trucks you can go to once inside). Ashleys has a great beer list and good bar food. Hopcat has like 100 beers on draft. Decent food. Also if you want a place to avoid large crowds, Old German is a nice and often overlooked bar underneath Grizzly Peak (separate entrance on the side of the building). Jolly Pumpkin is a local favorite that serves good food. I personally think their beers are ok, not great (though some people love their sour beers….which I can’t attest to since I’m not a big fan. Dominics is a great outdoor bar with good sangria (its in the South U area, lots of students, great time). Sleazy bar award goes to Scorekeepers (not good).
• Food: Zingermans is an Ann Arbor institution (the Deli location. Excellent sandwiches that are also very pricy ($15-20). Maize & Blue deli is a good alternative. Lots of decent mid-level priced places to eat. Not a lot of good sports bars, unfortunately (BWW has the best TV setup). Blimpy Burger is a well known cheap greasy burger. Lots of other spots.
Other good bar near campus is Ashleys, with a great beer selection and solid bar food. Hopcat is new, with >100 drafts. Often very crowded.

Hope that helps! Go Buffs!

Thanks BeavBuff.

Austin, Berkely, Columbus, Eugene, Seattle... ... ...gonna be tough, but time to finally see a Buffs road victory! GO BUFFS - SHOULDER TO SHOULDER!

Are you ever getting out?
Eventually...have to see how the run at CAPT goes.

Slept on it. If the twins could come with me to help drive, I probably would have yanked them from school today and done the deed. But they have a big HS volleyball tournament tomorrow so we need to stick around for that (recruiters and all...)
Anyway, might be a good time to try the Sling 7-day free trial.
All y'all that are up there, have a great time and I'll be cheering from the Va. Beach Convention Center. GO BUFFS!

I'll be there with 5 other alum all graduated in '04 along with 5 UM alums. We have an Airbnb house, on Morton Ave, damn thing was $2400 for 2 nights! I hope that's more of a 'Hill' type neighborhood otherwise the neighbors are in for a rude awakening.

@L Buff - get your ass to AA. I saw that post of yours on the opponent's message board. Don't break that streak. Someone there wants to eat you last. Drop whatever old person law talking bull **** that is on your schedule, and drop some of that easy-earned entitlement social security allowance on airfare to Detroit. And make the damn pilgrimage from there.

Sheesh. You've known about this game forever. Sad you have to get a kick in ass to go. Do it.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but getting into stadium, are there metal detectors? Planning on bringing a flask in.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but getting into stadium, are there metal detectors? Planning on bringing a flask in.
just went through this recently for a concert...I just put on my CamelBak. Problem solved and I was mixing cocktails for many ;)

Parking at the Ann Arbor golf club (NOT the UM course which is next door) is literally across the street from the stadium. Pricy ($50). Pioneer Hogh School is also very close, also $50. Both excellent tailgate areas. I prefer the Ann Arbor golf club for tailgating. Both a very easy walk to the stadium (much less than 1 mile)

Can you just show up tomorrow and park there or do you need to reserve that parking in advance? We're thinking it might just be worth it bite the bullet and pay the $50 and not have to worry about where to park or having to walk all over the place.

Can you just show up tomorrow and park there or do you need to reserve that parking in advance? We're thinking it might just be worth it bite the bullet and pay the $50 and not have to worry about where to park or having to walk all over the place.
hey what was your previous handle?

Yep...as long as they don't close the course due to rain or fill up. And if you want to park free you can park in one of the somewhat nearby neighborhoods. For example, I parked last week southwest of the stadium on a neighborhood street for free (intersection of Greenview Dr & Avondale Ave). Got there ~2hrs ahead of time. 10-15min walk to the stadium.

Back