What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who's going to Ann Arbor?

I am going to have trouble sleeping tonight unless I tie one on. Freaking pumped for tomorrow. Youngest son plays QB on his flag team at noon then off to watch the game with friends! Anticipation is making me wait!

Alright you guys, I don't want a bunch of CU fans invading my favorite Ann Arbor spots, but since I'm not going to make it this week, I figured "what the hell", I'll fill you guys in on some a-MAIZE-ing places(see what I did there?). Amaizenblue delicatessen is my absolute favorite(Jennifer's Dream is the best sandwich), so that's always a must go. Zingermans obviously, The Brown Jug is good if you want more of a bar feel, prepare to get heckled by college students though. Blimpies is great if you want a burger, prepare to be yelled at by the cook though, if you don't order it the way she WANTS you to order it, you'll be embarrassed, the Golf course is a great place to tailgate, but if you're not into tailgating and just want to park and go, their are houses up and down all the streets that charge for parking

Not really game related, but toured the Motown Museum today. There was a guy on our tour wearing a black Colorado shirt, but when the guide asked where people were from, he said Colorado but we are big Michigan fans. No Sure If Serious.

Yep...as long as they don't close the course due to rain or fill up. And if you want to park free you can park in one of the somewhat nearby neighborhoods. For example, I parked last week southwest of the stadium on a neighborhood street for free (intersection of Greenview Dr & Avondale Ave). Got there ~2hrs ahead of time. 10-15min walk to the stadium.

Thanks man!

I haven't been this excited about a CU game since buffson's days, **** yeah

WTF?!? A Waldo sighting in an actual football thread? :eek:

My world doesn't make sense anymore. :oops:

But seriously ...

@L Buff - get your ass to AA. I saw that post of yours on the opponent's message board. Don't break that streak. Someone there wants to eat you last. Drop whatever old person law talking bull **** that is on your schedule, and drop some of that easy-earned entitlement social security allowance on airfare to Detroit. And make the damn pilgrimage from there.

Sheesh. You've known about this game forever. Sad you have to get a kick in ass to go. Do it.

Skiddy ... I appreciate your sentiments, and especially your passion. Of course you aren't aware of the specific reasons I declined the opportunity to travel to AA (a great university town that I lived in and around for 23 years) ... let's just say it involves family in NJ I haven't seen for almost ten years, and would be hard-pressed to justify to them why I traveled for a football game but not to visit them. I really hate flying these days, so I'll have to ration why and when I do it.

That being said ... you might want to consider that my overall record in CU-UM games is 1-3 (Michigan fan in '74 and '94 ... record of 1-1 ... then CU fan in '96 and '97 ... 0-2). Somehow I think that I may have been more of a jinx than a positive influence if I were to have traveled for the game. But Lord knows I'll be there in spirit!

Someone there wants to eat you last.

Yeah ... I got quite a kick out of that myself. :D

Skiddy ... I appreciate your sentiments, and especially your passion. Of course you aren't aware of the specific reasons I declined the opportunity to travel to AA (a great university town that I lived in and around for 23 years) ... let's just say it involves family in NJ I haven't seen for almost ten years, and would be hard-pressed to justify to them why I traveled for a football game but not to visit them. I really hate flying these days, so I'll have to ration why and when I do it.

That being said ... you might want to consider that my overall record in CU-UM games is 1-3 (Michigan fan in '74 and '94 ... record of 1-1 ... then CU fan in '96 and '97 ... 0-2). Somehow I think that I may have been more of a jinx than a positive influence if I were to have traveled for the game. But Lord knows I'll be there in spirit!

Yeah ... I got quite a kick out of that myself. :D

You might have invited the most beloved of those NJ relatives to join you in AA. Win-win.
Do you really want to be held hostage to your own rat trap collection of family guilt, phobia, and excuses?
C'mom L Buff, you are better than that.

When it comes to this streak of attending UM-CU games, this is your Nobel Prize. This is your legacy. This is a deeply personal pilgrimage to the very institutions that helped train you to earn a living.

Inspire those of us who come after and race to get on the last plane to Detroit. If you scramble, you might still be able to make it.

Back