What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why Dave Logan haters are stupid

holy ****, I just had to wipe the coke off of my monitor after reading this. Sacky, is the one of your other IDs you are using to start some fun on the board? Some funny **** right here.

Also his experience as a college and pro player was when? Not like a guy who has been in team rooms, locker rooms, and practices recently.

Nothing against Logan but a giant NO on this idea. We don't need a close to 60 year old guy trying to figure out how to coach a college FB team, we already have that with a guy who is much younger and has much more recent college and pro experience.

Boy, I'd take Chizik or Holtz off that list at CU. If Chizik ran the show, CU might not be a world beater, but the D would not be giving up over a quarter mile every game...Holtz probably wouldn't venture this far west, but USF has been pretty good over the years. SOme may say that was the dude who smacked his player who came before Holtz, but I can dream I suppose.
Hell no to both. USF has gone 8-5 to 5-7 to 2-5 while being in the Big East after having four straight 8 or more win seasons so he's been **** at USF. Gene Chizik is not a good coach either IMO. He went 5-19 (3-9 and 2-10) at Iowa State. Yeah he won a title but he also had Cam and Fairley.

The Northwestern OC intrigues me.

Except that right now we couldn't get a B1G coordinator on the rise to come here. He will move to a program that is going someplace.

Money talks and I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting a chance at being a HC in the state where he coached high school football.

Northwestern's offense isn't lighting it up (30.8 ppg, #53 in the nation) but it's better than we're doing right now and he has adjusted his offense to his players strengths the past two years.

I think some market research is in order.

JDBattleMC,

Here is your assignment, if you choose to accept it.

On http://www.coacheshotseat.com/ you will find the list of the 10 college coaches widely believed to be in the most danger of losing their jobs after this season.

They are:

1. Frank Spaziani (Boston College)
  2. Gene Chizik (Auburn)
  3. Derek Dooley (Tennessee)
  4. Joker Phillips (Kentucky)
  5. Jeff Tedford (Cal)
  6. Charlie Weis (Kansas)
  7. Kevin Wilson (Indiana)
  8. Dan Enos (C. Michigan)
  9. Skip Holtz (USF)
  10. Rich Ellerson (Army)

Go to a message board for each of these 10 programs. Join up. Start a thread profiling Dave Logan and stating your case for why he should be that school's selection as its next head football coach.

To give you a hand, here is Logan's wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Logan_(American_football). Feel free to add your own insights and opinions as you have in this thread.

Then, after these threads have run their course, please report back to us on how these fans were excited about the prospect of Dave Logan and how he has now become a hot commodity for an NCAA D1 HC job.

I suggest this because surely you wouldn't, given the current state of affairs, suggest a head coach based largely on his ties to the program and his personal network within the state of Colorado.

This assignment must be done. We don't want to hear any talk about extra credit until you've completed the work that nik had already given you.

I'd love to have us go with the Northwestern offense. This season they haven't been as effective as in past years but they have won a lot with it using talent that isn't exactly 4*/5*. I like the Wisconsing offense better but as teams go more to the spread offenses I like the idea of a basic but balanced offense with some power elements built in. As teams try to get faster and give up strength opportunities are created.

JDBattleMC
"Except that right now we couldn't get a B1G coordinator on the rise to come here. He will move to a program that is going someplace."

CSU got one from Alabama...pretty sure a B1G OC would be interested in being a head coach in the PAC12

Last edited:
JDBattleMC
"Except that right now we couldn't get a B1G coordinator on the rise to come here. He will move to a program that is going someplace."

CSU got one from Alabama...pretty sure a B1G OC would be interested in being a head couch in the PAC12

There are only so many jobs that put someone in charge of a BCS program and earning a 7-figure paycheck. We can certainly find someone from the A-List. If Bohn can actually announce a facilities plan, then we're in a position to hire just about any college coach who is looking around.

JDBattleMC

CSU got one from Alabama...pretty sure a B1G OC would be interested in being a head couch in the PAC12

Not sure what a head couch is, but it sounds a place you could have some fun....

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_21862620/walt-weiss-interviews-managers-job-rockies

Walt Weiss has been coaching at Regis for ONE year and he is interviewing for a major league job.

Weiss had a cup of coffee in O'Dowd's office which is unrelated to being a coach whatsoever.

Meanwhile, Logan has coached at a premier HS program, and played in the NFL as well as a stellar career at CU.

People here treat it like some preposterous idea that Logan could be a head coach in the NCAA.

It's not as if he didn't play high level college football, and certainly he has more experience running a program than Embree - who has been a disaster.

SRSLY? I don't know that anyone is a Dave Logan hater, but just people with common sense. If CU hires ANY coach from the high school level, I would totally quit caring about CU altogether.

Now, if Logan were to go to a program like Northern Colorado and turn them into a winner in 4 years I could see CU looking at him. But even that is a stretch. I'd rather that he went from UNC to a place like New Mexico and then to CU.

That is common sense. YOU sir, are a moron.

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_21862620/walt-weiss-interviews-managers-job-rockies

Walt Weiss has been coaching at Regis for ONE year and he is interviewing for a major league job.

Weiss had a cup of coffee in O'Dowd's office which is unrelated to being a coach whatsoever.

Meanwhile, Logan has coached at a premier HS program, and played in the NFL as well as a stellar career at CU.

People here treat it like some preposterous idea that Logan could be a head coach in the NCAA.

It's not as if he didn't play high level college football, and certainly he has more experience running a program than Embree - who has been a disaster.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

SRSLY? I don't know that anyone is a Dave Logan hater, but just people with common sense. If CU hires ANY coach from the high school level, I would totally quit caring about CU altogether.

Now, if Logan were to go to a program like Northern Colorado and turn them into a winner in 4 years I could see CU looking at him. But even that is a stretch. I'd rather that he went from UNC to a place like New Mexico and then to CU.

That is common sense. YOU sir, are a moron.
logan hater :wave:

Why is playing Big time college football or playing in the NFL a criteria for success? There is no correlation. I know several ex-nfl players who would be horrible coaches. Nick Saban played at Kent State and never was in the NFL, Urban Meyer played at Cincinnati in the 80s (no powerhouse for sure) and never was in the NFL, Bill Snyder played at William Jewell and was never in the NFL, Joe Paterno played at Brown and never in the NFL, Chip Kelly went to New Hampshire and I don't think he played college football.

Your criteria is a little warped.

He has yet to prove he can win in HS when he's not free to recruit (well, not as much).

Why is playing Big time college football or playing in the NFL a criteria for success? There is no correlation. I know several ex-nfl players who would be horrible coaches. Nick Saban played at Kent State and never was in the NFL, Urban Meyer played at Cincinnati in the 80s (no powerhouse for sure) and never was in the NFL, Bill Snyder played at William Jewell and was never in the NFL, Joe Paterno played at Brown and never in the NFL, Chip Kelly went to New Hampshire and I don't think he played college football.

Your criteria is a little warped.

Man, 10 of you ran right mother ****ing past this ****!

Rep.

When can Logan start? Can we trade today?

Welp, I don't think this is a wise idea. On the flip side, don't let some elitist artard throw you around. Half these people calling you ridiculous were the same people saying Embree would be awesome. My point, many a people denigrate others and come across as complete idiots a lot of times...Anyways, novel idea, but I disagree. I do think he should prove himself as a coordinator....The likelihood of a high school coach succeeding is rare indeed. If memory serves me correct, North Texas hired one of the winningest coach in Texas history only to experience absolute failure. See Todd Dodge.

Back