What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why do we **** around with CSU in any sport? Serious question.

ahoelsken

Ram fan is all butthurt because Chris Fuselier called the MWC overrated. That's after the soccer fiasco, and Ram fans (and their allies in the Denver media) getting butthurt because Rick George version 1.0 killed off the Denver game with them

Serious question for you guys: Why are we playing them in ANYTHING?

Ram fan is all butthurt because Chris Fuselier called the MWC overrated. That's after the soccer fiasco, and Ram fans (and their allies in the Denver media) getting butthurt because Rick George version 1.0 killed off the Denver game with them

Serious question for you guys: Why are we playing them in ANYTHING?
I would be perfectly happy with killing off the football series forever. It benefits them much more than it benefits us.

The game though does have some benefits for us. It is a game that we win most of the time (we don't get many of those) and it makes us a nice chunk of money in the process. If we aren't winning it virtually every time it is our fault.

It is far and away the game that gets CSU the most media attention, along with the payday this is why they are so desperate to keep playing it. We though haven't exactly been grabbing the attention of the media either. This has always been a Broncos market but with us losing we have fallen even farther behind. It doesn't hurt for us to get the pre-game attention generated and of course top it off with a nice solid win.

Our basketball OOC schedule has been mostly pathetic in recent years. We need to win it but beating CSU does us much more good than beating some team that nobody knows from a conference who gets on team in the play-in game each year. Again the attention also gives us a game that sells a bunch more tickets than the nobody games. Beat them at their place and it gives us a decent quality road win without having to get on a plane or be gone overnight.

Non-revenue sports again they give us a convenient opponent without the expense or disruption of travel.

I would be perfectly happy with killing off the football series forever. It benefits them much more than it benefits us.

The game though does have some benefits for us. It is a game that we win most of the time (we don't get many of those) and it makes us a nice chunk of money in the process. If we aren't winning it virtually every time it is our fault.

It is far and away the game that gets CSU the most media attention, along with the payday this is why they are so desperate to keep playing it. We though haven't exactly been grabbing the attention of the media either. This has always been a Broncos market but with us losing we have fallen even farther behind. It doesn't hurt for us to get the pre-game attention generated and of course top it off with a nice solid win.

Our basketball OOC schedule has been mostly pathetic in recent years. We need to win it but beating CSU does us much more good than beating some team that nobody knows from a conference who gets on team in the play-in game each year. Again the attention also gives us a game that sells a bunch more tickets than the nobody games. Beat them at their place and it gives us a decent quality road win without having to get on a plane or be gone overnight.

Non-revenue sports again they give us a convenient opponent without the expense or disruption of travel.
I get that. I don't even think the local media cares right now because the Broncos should be a lot better than they've been over the last several years. Basketball? Yeah there's a nice NET boost there-but going to KjSU and beating them would probably give us a better one. Soccer? WTF was that **** they pulled? Down 3-0 coming out of a rain delay and you quit playing? And now they want a cookie because they actually made the NCAA tournament? **** them. BTW-how many Ram fans said the same thing about the Pac 12 than Fuselier did about the MWC after the Pac was out of the NCAA tournament by the end of the first day of the 2018 NCAA tournament?

Give that series a break for now in everything-Our non-revenue sports can play Air Force, Wyoming, DU, and Northern Colorado. We can find football games elsewhere.

Oh **** no. Just questioning the need to play them in anything.
Because neither school sells out their home stadium and the CU/CSU game regularly gets 60-70k when played in Denver, so despite all the whining from some CU fans there is clearly interest in the schools playing each other. And I’d again point out that we started a thread in March to talk about CSU.

Weird. We haven’t played CSU in anything since the infamous soccer incident. Next years hoops schedule hasn’t even been finalized, and with the PAC 12 NET scheduling restrictions, we might not play them next year, either. Don’t play them in football until 2023, and that’s in Boulder, not Denver. Wondering why this gets brought up now.

And, apparently you were perusing some ram fan site. I had no idea Fuselier said anything nor that anyone cared.

It was all over Buffs/Rams/Denver media twitter this weekend. It exploded to the point where an employee of the CSU AD's office got involved, everyone's favorite DP sports columnist tweeted about it and other members of the Denver media mentioned it too.

To answer the "why" - it's because we draw our best attendance dollars when playing them while winning 75% of the time. No other opponent offers that.

Maybe if we actually sold out when Minnesota visits in football or Xavier in basketball we'd have room to bitch about why CSU gets scheduled.

To answer the "why" - it's because we draw our best attendance dollars when playing them while winning 75% of the time. No other opponent offers that.

Maybe if we actually sold out when Minnesota visits in football or Xavier in basketball we'd have room to bitch about why CSU gets scheduled.
I hate playing CSU but I miss the annual excitement around the game. I love to hate them. I think it’s a fun Colorado things that’s good for the state.

It’s different than with Nebraska where I think they’re completely annoying and obnoxious and I wish they’d just stay in Nebraska. Also, I think we just hate them. No love like we have for the Rammies. 😂

To cross that line over a sporting event. WTF? I have no words.
Don't know what the process is for student tickets in Ft. Collins but this is the kind of thing that would justify taking some students passes away. Not much different that using racist or sexist chants.

Get them off our schedule in everything. We don't need to play them PERIOD.

By the way-I had a hard time finding anything about it on the Denver Post's website. Had CU students done this, Jizzla and Keeler would be all over it.
Because posting negative (or positive) things about CSU doesn't get clicks. They write inflammatory things about CU because enough people care about CU to matter.

Before Prime. We could play three FCS teams out of conference right now every year as long as he's here and we'd sell that out.

We don't need to be playing CSU in anything.

We play CSU because they’re the closest D-1 school to Boulder. We have a history with them. Just because a small portion of their student fan base are morons is not a justification for discontinuing any kind of relationship with them. We play them. We kick their ass. We move on. That’s the way it has always worked and that’s the way it will likely always be. Getting your pantries in a wad over it seems pointless. Just because it’s more beneficial, financially, for them that it is for us doesn’t mean it brings us no financial benefit.

if you don’t like it, fine, but I’d suggest getting used to the idea of playing them in just about every sport. Oh wait, we already do that.

FCS, CSU and P5 is the OOC schedule the football program should be playing every year as long as we are in a conference that plays 9 conference games.

It guarantees two in-state and/or home OOC games every year and some years all three, along with two very likely wins, meaning a losing conference record still gets us to a bowl game. It shouldn't be that hard.

Playing CSU is less boring than playing any other G5 school that you'd substitute. Do you really want to see a New Mexico, Utah State, SJSU, or a MAC school come to Folsom?

Back