What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why does Dave Logan's name keep coming up?

NashBuff

CSU Knob-Slobberer
http://blogs.denverpost.com/preps/2...igh-school-coaches-have-made-the-jump-before/

This will be nothing short of a hire that is a major disaster and I have been extremely supportive of Mike Bohn. If Bohn pulls this trick, I will hop on the FIRE MIKE BOHN bandwagon in a heartbeat.

But why does the heck Logan's name keep popping up? Is it because he is a Colorado high school coaching legend? As a former CO HS football player, I say that is HOGWASH because Logan has an easy job where he can cherry pick the best middle school players in the Denver metro area and school kids who live with their relatives so they can play for him.

North Texas is ready to run Todd Dodge out of town because his Texas HS coaching resume hasn't translated into success and he does not have the liberty to recruit players like Logan has and still won a state championship.

Gerry Faust jumped to ND from a Cincy HS but he bombed big time. Like in the past and right now, Dan Hawkins will be a much better coaching canadiate than Logan if both are searching for jobs this offseason.

I don't give a rat's arse about Logan's resume....we should not hire him to be the HEAD COACH at CU. I could sing a different tune if he does a nice job as a coordinator but HC straight from HS...NO THANKS!

might as well hire Lou from Littleton.

Logan needs to pay some time as an assistant if he want to be considered for a college job.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/preps/2...igh-school-coaches-have-made-the-jump-before/

This will be nothing short of a hire that is a major disaster and I have been extremely supportive of Mike Bohn. If Bohn pulls this trick, I will hop on the FIRE MIKE BOHN bandwagon in a heartbeat.

But why does the heck Logan's name keep popping up? Is it because he is a Colorado high school coaching legend? As a former CO HS football player, I say that is HOGWASH because Logan has an easy job where he can cherry pick the best middle school players in the Denver metro area and school kids who live with their relatives so they can play for him.

North Texas is ready to run Todd Dodge out of town because his Texas HS coaching resume hasn't translated into success and he does not have the liberty to recruit players like Logan has and still won a state championship.

Gerry Faust jumped to ND from a Cincy HS but he bombed big time. Like in the past and right now, Dan Hawkins will be a much better coaching canadiate than Logan if both are searching for jobs this offseason.

I don't give a rat's arse about Logan's resume....we should not hire him to be the HEAD COACH at CU. I could sing a different tune if he does a nice job as a coordinator but HC straight from HS...NO THANKS!

cleveland-do_not_want.jpg

This is all funny. First of all --- Logan would never TAKE the CU job. He makes more money doing what he does now than he would as CU's head football coach. Second --- Logan is too smart to take the CU job. He is in a prime position right now in Colorado. He is respected and adored and worshipped. He has a popular radio show, is a popular and successful football coach, and would give all that up and take on 100x more scrutiny if he became CU's head football coach.

For his part, I do think Logan has always been very classy about CU. I've never once heard him say anything about wanting the job. When dip****s like Woody Paige ask him about it, he passes.

Logan is agreat Buff, so I am not wild about all the bashing of him. I do agree that he is not the best choice for the Buffs HC job though.

What I hate about the Logan talk in relation to the CU head coaching job is that it forces us to get negative about a great Buff who has also done a lot for the Denver Broncos and the state of Colorado while being an incredible high school football coach.

I want to spread nothing but love for the man. But it makes it impossible to do so when a handful of people try to suggest him for a job for which he is completely unqualified. It's probably a bigger stretch than suggesting John Elway should be the next head coach of the Broncos.

I'd like Logan to go up to Boulder as a coordinator or whatever and try to work his way up to head coach. I think he'd be good.

the only people talking about Logan to CU are idiots in the media and some moron talk show hosts and callers. Nobody on netturds or allbuffs is clamoring for Dave Logan to be teh next CU head coach.

Back