What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why don't we automatically say things like "under the radar"?

JRK1212

Troll
Very under-the-radar prospect from a recruiting outpost.

This does not necessarily refer to your post or this player but rather the general attitude on this forum, but why is it that every player who is not rated by the recruting services or doesent have an impressive offer sheet is "under the radar" or a "sleeper" or "underated". Maybe there just not very good and there is a reason the recruting services have never heard of him or why New Mexico St. is the only offer they have.

Last edited:
This does not necessarily refer to your post or this player but rather the general attitude on this forum, but why is it that every player who is not rated by the recruting services or doesent have an impressive offer sheet is "under the radar" or a "sleeper" or "underated". Maybe there just not very good and there is a reason the recruting services have never heard of and why New Mexico St. is the only offer they have.

we look for the silver lining in everything bro

This does not necessarily refer to your post but rather the general attitude on this forum, but why is it that every player who is not rated by the recruting services or doesent have an impressive offer sheet is "under the radar" or a "sleeper" or "underated". Maybe there just not very good and there is a reason the recruting services have never heard of and why New Mexico St. is the only offer they have.

It is different depending on the prospect. In this case, Andrews is from El Centro, California. It is hard enough to get noticed in the Inland Empire, but even moreso in El Centro.

Other prospects do not have offers because of grades, injuries, etc. I am not trying to imply anything by the "under the radar" comment other than he is not being heavily recruited. I'm not one to put a positive spin on everything recruiting.

How did something I wrote in another thread turn into its own thread? Was I not allowed to write that in players thread so it was moved here?

It varies from prospect to prospect. It can be poor grades, injuries, playing on bad teams, playing in remote areas, or any number of reasons. Cannot do much about it considering the state of the program. Hope it improves from here on out.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/40639-Recruiting-Forum-Guidelines

First of all, we try to keep things positive in the recruiting forum. These are, after all, kids who we want to feel good about their decisions to come to CU (or the possibility of choosing the Buffs).

That does not, however, mean that we can't question someone's offer list, size/speed/athleticism for the position, level of competition, say that his film didn't impress you, or post that you were hoping for a higher rated prospect and see a guy as a Plan B or C. As long as it's not over-the-top with personal attacks or being mean-spirited, it is completely appropriate for this forum and should be part of our discussion. If a prospect isn't able to handle that sort of analysis, then he's not mentally tough enough for BCS football anyway.

To the original question, pick your descriptor. It's not like a lot of thought goes into this stuff. We're not journalists, just fans who do this for free with the principles I wrote in the above paragraph. I have used "unheralded" along with the ones you listed. Maybe you think that's more apropos for prospects that haven't gotten much attention. Fair enough.

How did something I wrote in another thread turn into its own thread? Was I not allowed to write that in players thread so it was moved here?

I thought it was a general question that was worth talking about on its own rather than hijacking a player profile. Especially since you said that it wasn't even in direct response to anything in the thread it appeared in.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/40639-Recruiting-Forum-Guidelines

First of all, we try to keep things positive in the recruiting forum. These are, after all, kids who we want to feel good about their decisions to come to CU (or the possibility of choosing the Buffs).

That does not, however, mean that we can't question someone's offer list, size/speed/athleticism for the position, level of competition, say that his film didn't impress you, or post that you were hoping for a higher rated prospect and see a guy as a Plan B or C. As long as it's not over-the-top with personal attacks or being mean-spirited, it is completely appropriate for this forum and should be part of our discussion. If a prospect isn't able to handle that sort of analysis, then he's not mentally tough enough for BCS football anyway.

To the original question, pick your descriptor. It's not like a lot of thought goes into this stuff. We're not journalists, just fans who do this for free with the principles I wrote in the above paragraph. I have used "unheralded" along with the ones you listed. Maybe you think that's more apropos for prospects that haven't gotten much attention. Fair enough.

Ok that makes sense. Just wanted to clarify that it was you and not super-natural forces who moved the post.

Last edited:
JRK- we'll break lots of things off in this forum, as buffnik stated we need/want to keep the player threads as clean as possible and recently there's been a lot more discussion in them. I didn't do it this time but I break threads off that i am not posting in all time. We use the football forum more for discussion although this thread makes some sense in here.

This does not necessarily refer to your post or this player but rather the general attitude on this forum, but why is it that every player who is not rated by the recruting services or doesent have an impressive offer sheet is "under the radar" or a "sleeper" or "underated". Maybe there just not very good and there is a reason the recruting services have never heard of him or why New Mexico St. is the only offer they have.

That's a reasonable question. Sometimes I think it's just us trying to hope we're getting a real player that just didn't get noticed. In this case, I think it's pretty reasonable to think that a kid who was first team all San Diego (pretty big area with more than a few recruits) on both offense and defense might just have something to him....

Back