What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why hasn't Boyle been given a big contract?

Alright, I apologize. Maybe I'm wrong. I remember a lot of people being worried if someone came in and offered him more money he would leave and I think we are all in agreement we don't want to lose him. Sounds like he is happy with where he is at.

Alright, I apologize. Maybe I'm wrong. I remember a lot of people being worried if someone came in and offered him more money he would leave and I think we are all in agreement we don't want to lose him. Sounds like he is happy with where he is at.
Someone can always offer more. We will always be at risk. We just need to continue to do our best to pay him as best we can and give him the best resources we can. A good coach will always get offers, no matter what they are paid.

Joel is at it again from his bully pulpit playing AD.

The man who nearly single-handedly got his boy Jon Embree in here! Let the record speak for itself. Joel is NOT either informed, impartial, or particularly interested in the facts.

Does anyone listen to Joel anymore? I used to listen until he went off the reservation over the Embree firing. Joel is Klough 0.5 (half the brain, and Klough is no genius).

^^^
This.

The man left a high six figure salary as an investment manager to take a $25,000 a year job as an assistant coach at a small college in order to do what he loves ... he is not driven by the pursuit of money. I truly believe he wants to build something here that will last, and when he achieves that maybe he'd consider leaving for another challenge. And if that is the case, it won't be money that gets him to stay.

I completely agree with this and that's why I think he's "underpaid" so to speak. I haven't heard of him interviewing anywhere else, I know he's gotten calls. He hasn't played the leverage game. He's from Colorado, I truly believe this is a "dream job" for him, as I said the only other place I could see him leaving for right now is KU.

Any big-name school would/should look at him, but I think Bohn whether by accident or not made a great hire here.

You lost me at "Joel Klatt" and "think".

The fact is, you're complaining about Mike Bohn not doing something that he's done twice in the last year. The fact is that this is just Klatt pushing his agenda. (Klatt has been on a crusade to get Bohn's head ever since Bohn had the nerve to fire a failed football coach that Klatt thought somehow had immunity in spite of a disastrous tenure). Frankly, I doubt that Klatt gives a crap about Boyle's contract, or could even tell you if he's ever had a raise or an extension. It doesn't matter. All that matters to Klatt is attacking anybody at CU that doesn't bend over for what he and his buddies want to see done.

Let's take my words out-of-context and then put words into my mouth...

I'm not complaining about Mike Bohn, I'm not complaining he isn't getting paid better, I'm simply saying many aren't going to happy until he's paid like an elite coach. That's all.

Klatt has implied that he's talked to Boyle privately and he's not happy with his contract. Before you put more words into my mouth, I'm not saying that's the case.

It's his third year. He hasn't proven himself as "elite" (yet). Tad has done a fantastic job and I'm as big of a supporter as anyone. However, there are some in-game aspects that truthfully have left something to be desired. Bohn is taking the right approach, it is spot on.

Let's take my words out-of-context and then put words into my mouth...

I'm not complaining about Mike Bohn, I'm not complaining he isn't getting paid better, I'm simply saying many aren't going to happy until he's paid like an elite coach. That's all.

Klatt has implied that he's talked to Boyle privately and he's not happy with his contract. Before you put more words into my mouth, I'm not saying that's the case.

Bohn is the one responsible for Boyle's contract. When you say CU isn't doing it, and especially when you say "then Bohn will have to do something", you are talking about Bohn. And make no mistake, that is EXACTLY what Klatt is doing. It's been explained over and over now. Klatt will imply pretty much anything to advance his agenda against Bohn. Klatt's opinions, and particularly his innuendos, are not worth listening to, nor are they worth discussing.

And I didn't put any words in your mouth. If you're uncomfortable with what you said, don't blame me.

That makes no damn sense if he turned down 2 jobs last offseason. Boyle has all the leverage in this situation. Klatt is full of ****.

Bohn is the one responsible for Boyle's contract. When you say CU isn't doing it, and especially when you say "then Bohn will have to do something", you are talking about Bohn. And make no mistake, that is EXACTLY what Klatt is doing. It's been explained over and over now. Klatt will imply pretty much anything to advance his agenda against Bohn. Klatt's opinions, and particularly his innuendos, are not worth listening to, nor are they worth discussing.

And I didn't put any words in your mouth. If you're uncomfortable with what you said, don't blame me.

I think if they beat Miami, he will get a significant raise, he'll be one of the more sought after coaches in the country at that time. How many are actually giving us a chance against Miami? One big win has an impact in March.

You can disagree what the benchmark is, whether it's Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final Four, Championship, but do you disagree at a certain point, Bohn will have to do something? Are can he just give him a modest raise despite reaching a so-called benchmark?

Bohn knows he will likely have to pay Boyle big money sooner rather than later.

Never listen to Klatt on anything basketball related. He really does not care if CU is successful in bball or not.

There are some things Tad has been upset by one of them was Klatt and his ilk running their mouths like crazy pushing the CU is racists crap for fear it would make recruiting instate harder. I find it particularly difficult to believe after that he would confide in Joel that he's unhappy with his contract. This is rather transparently Joel pushing an agenda.

Bohn knows he will likely have to pay Boyle big money sooner rather than later.

Never listen to Klatt on anything basketball related. He really does not care if CU is successful in bball or not.

There are "on going" discussions with Mike and Tad's agent regarding re-doing his deal to the best of my knowledge.

I think if they beat Miami, he will get a significant raise, he'll be one of the more sought after coaches in the country at that time. How many are actually giving us a chance against Miami? One big win has an impact in March.

You can disagree what the benchmark is, whether it's Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final Four, Championship, but do you disagree at a certain point, Bohn will have to do something? Are can he just give him a modest raise despite reaching a so-called benchmark?

Please, please, please unfollow dumb**** Klatt. Bohn HAS done something, unless you consider two extensions and two raises in one year (both of which Tad signed, both of which he could have refused or demanded more, but he didn't) to be nothing. Personally, I would love to see Tad get more than he is getting now. I think he has earned more. But he and Bohn know what is going on there far more than Joel "Bring me the head of Mike Bohn and a voice in the AD's office, for I am a Buff with a microphone and a grudge!" Klatt does. If there was a story here, you have to assume it would have come out 4 months ago when Boyle signed his latest extension.

If he beats Miami, let's worry about that when it happens. Until then, unfollow Joel. He is a muckraking dumbass.

Please, please, please unfollow dumb**** Klatt. Bohn HAS done something, unless you consider two extensions and two raises in one year (both of which Tad signed, both of which he could have refused or demanded more, but he didn't) to be nothing. Personally, I would love to see Tad get more than he is getting now. I think he has earned more. But he and Bohn know what is going on there far more than Joel "Bring me the head of Mike Bohn and a voice in the AD's office, for I am a Buff with a microphone and a grudge!" Klatt does. If there was a story here, you have to assume it would have come out 4 months ago when Boyle signed his latest extension.

If he beats Miami, let's worry about that when it happens. Until then, unfollow Joel. He is a muckraking dumbass.

A good way to dodge the question!

I'm to the point with Tad where I'm ready to sign him to a contract that guarantees a base at the average of the Top 5 HC bases in the Pac-12, plus incentives for Conference Titles, NCAA advancement and APR/Grad Rate performance. Make it 5 years with a year added to the deal every time he wins 20 or more games.

If Bohn put that on the table, I can't imagine too many Buffs fans would complain about it.

Just out of curiosity... is anyone still not sold on Tad? I know he makes questionable decisions and isn't infallible, but you can't argue with the facts. Basically unprecedented success for CU with 2 straight tourneys, could and should have been 3-3.

Cubuffs85, Klatt is being completely disingenuous here. He has bashed Bohn for years in his decision to build the practice facility. He is NOT a friend of the basketball program.

Cubuffs85, Klatt is being completely disingenuous here. He has bashed Bohn for years in his decision to build the practice facility. He is NOT a friend of the basketball program.

That's the point I was originally getting at. Klatt will pay lip service to the CU AD needing to spend money on basketball... until it does. Then he flies off the handle over how money is being spent there instead of on football. When it comes right down to it, Klatt and his associates don't want to see a dime over the minimum necessary to keep CU in the NCAA's D1 be spent on any sport besides football until such time when football has everything on its shopping list and can't think of anything else it would like to buy.

Just out of curiosity... is anyone still not sold on Tad? I know he makes questionable decisions and isn't infallible, but you can't argue with the facts. Basically unprecedented success for CU with 2 straight tourneys, could and should have been 3-3.

I think we're all ecstatic at the overall success. However, I have NO idea what we're trying to do on offense, and it's the end of year 3 (actual action is different than talk, so no one respond to me giving me the rhetoric, because we aren't actually doing that).

I think Tad Boyle is probably a bit underpaid, at least in comparison to some of his peers. But he's only in his 3rd year with CU, and I'm still not a complete believer in Tad's offense. I'm sure his contract will get reworked in the off-season, especially if CU wins 1-2 games in this tourney

I think we're all ecstatic at the overall success. However, I have NO idea what we're trying to do on offense, and it's the end of year 3 (actual action is different than talk, so no one respond to me giving me the rhetoric, because we aren't actually doing that).

I found the KenPom AdjO and AdjD numbers interesting for CU and Maryland, considering that Tad and Turgeon run the same systems.

Buffs: AdjO = #85 / AdjD = #28
Terps: AdjO = #84 / AdjD = #38

http://kenpom.com/

A good way to dodge the question!

The only question I saw about Miami is how many give us a chance to beat them. The answer, not many.

As for making a hypothetical win over a Miami team that we may or may not even meet part of a discussion over Tad deserving more money? Let's wait until it actually happens. At this point the record indicates that CU and Bohn have been more than willing to compensate Tad, no matter what kind of trouble Klatt is trying to stir up over the issue...

When ticket prices go up, I don't want to hear people bitch. That money will go directly to Tad's new contract.

Many Terp fans are annoyed that Turgeon isn't the coach Gary was, although I think just about everyone concedes he's the better recruiter

Well, that's a bit of a ridiculous comparison Terps are making. A coach can still be solid at adjustments without being Gary Williams. It's my opinion that Tad has been out-coached all times we've faced Turgeon.

If it took Terps until now to fully recognize what a fantastic coach in-game coach Gary was, then, well...

Back