What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why hasn't Coach Mac named a starting QB?

So, Connor Wood was named the starter (although everyone knew it was going to be him weeks ago) 6 days before the first game. Fales was named 5 days before the first SJSU game last year. Maybe HCMM just likes to let the competition play out in camp?

So, Connor Wood was named the starter (although everyone knew it was going to be him weeks ago) 6 days before the first game. Fales was named 5 days before the first SJSU game last year. Maybe HCMM just likes to let the competition play out in camp?

That is just crazy talk....

Interesting dilemma. Do you play Sefo a few plays each game (short yardage, goal line situations, etc) to get him some experience as the back up and take advantage of his athleticism, or do you hold off to try to keep the shirt on him since he seems like the clear QB of the future.

I think you leave him off the field unless 100% necessary. If we can preserve a year of eligibility I think we take it.
If he is, indeed, the #2 guy, you HAVE to get him PT. You HAVE to assume Wood will go down at some point. Maybe for a series, maybe for a game, maybe multiple games. If you are intent on RS Sefo, he should not be #2.

If he is, indeed, the #2 guy, you HAVE to get him PT. You HAVE to assume Wood will go down at some point. Maybe for a series, maybe for a game, maybe multiple games. If you are intent on RS Sefo, he should not be #2.

could it be possible that sefo is #2 for this game only, just to force CSU to try and prepare for his skill set? Because as far as I know sefo is the only qb on the roster currently that is as dangerous with his feet as he is with his arm. Anything we can do to take divert time from CSU in practice is a good thing. Coach MacElwaine overplayed his hand by saying he was running 4 qb's at this game

could it be possible that sefo is #2 for this game only, just to force CSU to try and prepare for his skill set? Because as far as I know sefo is the only qb on the roster currently that is as dangerous with his feet as he is with his arm. Anything we can do to take divert time from CSU in practice is a good thing. Coach MacElwaine overplayed his hand by saying he was running 4 qb's at this game

I think that is possible, but it is pretty remote. Note that we have a tie for 3 way. My guess is that if they are tied, those two are pretty far behind Sefo and Wood, and if there is no clear #3, then they aren't playing games with Sefo at #2. And if Sefo is #2, I think they are going to play him this year at times. I'm pretty sure Mac has said has much about that, if he did end up at #2.

You don't put a guy at #2 if you're concerned with not burning the shirt.

Seems to me that ship has sailed.

(last one)

5857_Yep_its_wood_1.jpg

You don't put a guy at #2 if you're concerned with not burning the shirt.

Seems to me that ship has sailed.
I agree. It would be shocking if we didn't need our #2 QB this year. Unless Webb miraculously comes back soon. Not sure how I feel about that.

Congrats to Connor for wining the job. I look forward to a great year. Wish him the best. He has my support.

I agree. It would be shocking if we didn't need our #2 QB this year. Unless Webb miraculously comes back soon. Not sure how I feel about that.

Sefo at #2 and the comments out of camp on Sefo equals a fork in #4. Doesn't matter if he comes back. Best case for him is QB3.

Congratulations Mr. Wood (Conner) !! bout time... 2 schools, 2 red shirt years, 1 bad year - Now the starter for the Mighty Buffs ! I really think Wood brings it this year and I think we watch him steadily improve. Nice strong arm, big kid that can take a hit, and decent enough wheels to keep the defense honest.
Sefo - way to go ! Almost a starter and could be at any point now. Only been on campus a few months, Amazing.
Who cares about Webb? If he comes back I will support - if not, Oh well...
We need #3 and #4 QB's to keep pushing and not settle for a back-up role? If you are good enough, these coaches will get you on the field in some capacity.

Can not hardly wait. GO BUFFS !

Webb needs to be gone - he hasn't done anything for this team at all, see ya.

Also Mac still hasn't named a starting QB for week 2...total bulls**t.

Have to admit it, sounds like Coach Mac has wood for wood. ;) Can't wait to see Sefo, but hopefully he will get the chance to sit all year and learn which would mean a healthy AND productive wood.

Back