What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why I Live in Texas

Glad you love where you live. You can have fun just about anywhere if you decide to but I'm where I belong.

P.s. Send oranges

We used to paint our cars up and convoy to away games. Midland, Abilene and Odessa. We had season tickets, haha.

Just to be clear, you're willing to endure sub-standard BBQ and a discouraging lack of snow to get hammered at a high school scrimmage?

I'm just trying to frame your values so I'm not swinging blindly at a piñata when I roll up my sleeves and tackle this thread.

When I saw the title, I thought the body of the post would read: "I lost a bet".

Although having a D1 athlete sack my groceries is something I definitely lack in life.

I'm sure there's plenty of fellas in Texas willing to ass end you, but they definitely won't consider it stopping on a "dime".

This is why allbuffs is one of my favorite sites. I regularly have co-workers wonder why I am laughing so much when no one is around.

What's air conditioning? Summer's are so awesome here all I need is an attic fan.

cefd677c7613455e29d7b5b13deae9a9.jpg

I thought red was his color, but apparently he likes orange too.
upload_2016-8-12_14-10-25.png

Alternate:

Always Buff keeps getting older, but grocery baggers stay the same age...

Last edited:
The quality of Texas is all about the stellar quality of the people of Texas. Lived there for 3 years once. A great experience that I'll never forget.

Reactions: DBT
The quality of Texas is all about the stellar quality of the people of Texas. Lived there for 3 years once. A great experience that I'll never forget.

Having lived and traveled all around this country, one thing that is for sure is that there are mostly nice people everywhere. Some differences in how guarded or open people are that's generally tied to how fast-paced things are & the population density, but people are pretty much the same everywhere once you get to know them.

I don't think I would want to live in Texas but all kidding aside, it has some good things going for it. The people are some of the nicest people around, I did a lot of work in West Texas and cannot say enough about the people - always willing to help and after 5 minutes of meeting someone in a small town you know you have a friend.

Some good things - Walking along the river walk in San Antonio in Sept., Sowell's BBQ in three rivers, Padre Island, Austin almost anytime, Sailing in the Gulf. And they do have some women who are pleasant to look at. It also is one of the best place in the world to do business. If you need any industrial trade it is usually close by. I got a 200 HP electrical motor rewound over night in a town of 800 people.

To me there are worst places than Texas.

What's air conditioning? Summer's are so awesome here all I need is an attic fan.
Ditto! Plus I don't miss the tarantulas, 8-inch long centipedes and scorpions that my buddy (who was forced to live there) always tells me about. Not to even mention that gawd-awful heat, mixed in/ tempered by torrential rains and regular flooding....and did I mention the bugs and spiders and other arachnids? But yeah, the high school FB is awesome......except for the sh*tty beer and lousy liquor.

I don't think I would want to live in Texas but all kidding aside, it has some good things going for it. The people are some of the nicest people around, I did a lot of work in West Texas and cannot say enough about the people - always willing to help and after 5 minutes of meeting someone in a small town you know you have a friend, provided you go to the right church!.

Some good things - Walking along the river walk in San Antonio in Sept., Sowell's BBQ in three rivers, Padre Island, Austin almost anytime, Sailing in the Gulf. And they do have some women who are pleasant to look at. It also is one of the best place in the world to do business. If you need any industrial trade it is usually close by. I got a 200 HP electrical motor rewound over night in a town of 800 people.

To me there are worst places than Texas, H*ll comes to mind.
FIFY!

Having lived and traveled all around this country, one thing that is for sure is that there are mostly nice people everywhere. Some differences in how guarded or open people are that's generally tied to how fast-paced things are & the population density, but people are pretty much the same everywhere once you get to know them.
**** you!

Except the Muslims

Wait, Luke lives in NM now, right?
Yep I haven't been to Texas in awhile, didn't recognize my town when I was it changed a lot. My dad was right, he said it would. I might go down to one of my brother's games this fall though or we've discussed it.

Other than the BBQ and no snow
High School scrimmage tomorrow night..Cameron Yeo winners of 3 of the last 4 3A Div 1 titles. 3 rings Traion Smith..so sad he tore his ACL in the champ game would've been a 4peat. I was told to get there early or we won't get a seat..usually draws around 2,500 at a school of 418 enrollment.
They don't check hand held containers thank God..it was 102 today probably hit the trunk at 1/2 time for a refresher.
3prvdbcgsf90k.gif

Ditto! Plus I don't miss the tarantulas, 8-inch long centipedes and scorpions that my buddy (who was forced to live there) always tells me about. Not to even mention that gawd-awful heat, mixed in/ tempered by torrential rains and regular flooding....and did I mention the bugs and spiders and other arachnids? But yeah, the high school FB is awesome......except for the sh*tty beer and lousy liquor.

I like the fact I don't see many big bugs in Colorado.

Listen here you mother ****ing assholes! Us Texans are nice and friendly, you sons of bitches! AND DONT FORGET IT OR WE'LL KICK YER ****ING ASS!!

Back