What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why so muchtrouble getting interest from WR's?

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
I looked and it appears all the highly ranked WR's are gone (at least according to the scout site). What gives? CU is as pass happy as any team not named Wazzu or Cal.

Doesn't seem like we've went too hard on WRs this cycle. There's still Tre Hartley out there, and the Goree kid we offered recently and trail North Texas for..

Are we interested in the Martin kid out of CO. Is he just another clone of McCullough?

Don't know that the McCullough comparison is accurate, but last I heard we were not really recruiting him.

I think his speed would be an upgrade over GucciTy's. Much smaller though. Still hoping we find a way to get him here. I think he would surprise people and I love seeing BoCo preps contribute at CU.

What sucks is that we actually have a viable pitch to WRs with PRich getting the touches and limelight at CU before going to the NFL. Seems like at least one guy would want to follow that path.

I can't believe we can't get a transfer to come here and step into P.Rich's shoes. That kid from Texas who picked Arizona over us really hurt. I think coach must like some of our young guys or possibly he plans to recruit them harder next year.

Hopefully he knows something about the 2013 WRs we don't know. Otherwise, the lack of attention to WRs for 2014 is not good.

What are we recruiting Lee as?

I was initially hoping CB but with his skill set I think a WR/RB who can catch passes out of the backfield (thinking Ramonce Taylor from the Texas 2005 team) would be a huge asset for us. I have wanted guys like DD and Tony Jones to be utilized here more this year so really hoping the staff can try something like this and Lee may be the athlete to make it really work.

Don't remember reading this article the first time around, but just did some searching for our involvement with Lee and skimmed over it: http://www.buffzone.com/football/ci_24428972/afternoon-drive-does-cu-football-need-land-receiver

Not very detailed. I know David Williams should still be scheduled to visit in December and I hope we are still in on Tre Hartley. Sam Boyd would be a great target having initially been a SJSU commit but I suspect he'll be going with a better offer like ASU. Keyon Dilosa camped with us and has lesser offers, though I like the Houston one, but having not heard any update lately I'm thinking the ship has sailed there. Similar measurables as Goree.

I think we end up landing Lee as our future slot WR. I am worried that McCullough/Spruce/DD combo is going to struggle to get open next year. One of the young kids needs to step up. Spruce is an average #2 guy. If he is our number 1 we really need better 2-4 to help him out next year.

I think we end up landing Lee as our future slot WR. I am worried that McCullough/Spruce/DD combo is going to struggle to get open next year. One of the young kids needs to step up. Spruce is an average #2 guy. If he is our number 1 we really need better 2-4 to help him out next year.

I agree. An ensemble cast isn't going to scare anyone so either one needs to elevate their game or we better hope JT or Bobo is a genuine threat.

I think you're underrating him a bit. He's an excellent #2. He'd be a good #1. But what he would need is a guy on the other side who can fly and will challenge the other team's safeties. Spruce certainly wasn't ready to be a #1 in 2012, but I think we can look at his production the last 2 years, look at the CBs he was torching in HS with the ridiculous numbers he put up, and say that he can absolutely be a go-to #1 WR as a RS-Junior next year. Let's just find someone dynamic for the other side.

I worry about Spruce getting the teams best DB or having coverage focusing on him next year.

I worry about Spruce getting the teams best DB or having coverage focusing on him next year.
I agree but I am also with Nik that we just need someone on the other side with wheels (and taller than DD). What's the latest on J. Thomas?

Redshirting
I knew that was the official word but I heard rumors earlier in the season that he was in the doghouse and might leave. If he is on the team next year he may be a critical piece of our WR solution. I wonder if Bobo might help out too. Also, on the TE side, we have virtually no receiving threat this year but if Dylan bulks up a bit he may contribute as a freshman and help our passing attack. A Juco TE or WR would be nice to add to this year's class though.

I sure hope our OL keeps improving. The best thing to help our passing game next year will be alot of 2nd and 3rd and shorts.

Not sure if we did a profile on him or not, but Sidney Jones is another name out there that we're recruiting. He's an athlete who could play DB or WR, currently committed to SJSU but I believe he was committed when we offered.

Back