What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why the fans at CU are the reason why we are so bad

I'm glad to know that I caused the Buffs to lose to Sacramento ****ing State from my living room couch. In Oklahoma.

You fork out tons of cash to your cable provider EVERY MONTH to sit on your fat ass watching the tv

yet you haven't given one dime to CU since you've graduated

yeah YOU -->

I'd like to apologize. Clearly, I'm responsible for 6 straight losing seasons, losses to CSU and Sac State, Cigar Aficionado naming CU the worst BCS program, regular appearances in ESPN's bottom ten, etc., etc.

I should paste on my best Stepford Wife smile, tithe 10% of my income to the CU AD, and send weekly love letters with homemade baked goods to Benson, DiStephano, Bohn, Plati, Embree and the rest of the coaches.

Let's focus on the pageantry of college football, Folsom being a leader in green initiatives, GPA records, and Title IX leadership. The numbers on the scoreboard really don't matter.

even as a moderator...too stupid too see it

not surprised you too

Let me start by saying the posters on this board are delusional.

We're two fgames into Embree's second season and everyone on here is ready to throw in the towel. I guess I blame it on youth, Not football team youth but fans who are posting being members of the me generation. Hire a new coach and we'll win today, We'll be top 25 today. We're so much better than an FCS team, we should have won by twenty, We're so much better than a non-BCS team we should win by thirty.

Forget that we have freshman all over the field. Two starting at corner, wide receiver, Tupou is hella good and he's in a ffffflot. You guys are a bunch of delusional imps who have so much to learn about college football that I have to cut you slack for your complete ignorance, You will learn the beauty of college football is the parity. Bad coaching is HWSNBN losing games because of 13 penalties for 201 yards. Bad coaching is never letting your team get pissed off for losing. Bad fans are those who blame the players for a loss at Iowa State in 2005 which was clearly stolen by one crooked ref. Or blaming players for a collapse vs Texas which was clearly the result of an obsessed Boulder DA. You fans don't know the history except the box scores from the glory days. You wont shell out one nickel to improve facilities which are already being funded and built by better alumni who don't suck like you

You my friends, suck

We have a horrible reputation across the country because of you, Not because of the product on the field, because of you. you know who you are

I've stayed out of this for the most part but I take exception to your post. When I watched games like Stanford and Oregon last year, I accepted that we would get our asses handed to us because we simply didn't have the athletes to hang with them. This, however, is a completely different story. CSU and Sac St are not good teams. They're not even mediocre teams. They are not on par with the Montana St team that beat Hawk. This is not about parity. CSU got beat by North Dakota St. Sac St got obliterated by NMSU.

I'm not asking for a top 25 team. I'd even accept a losing season this year as long as I felt that the program was going in the right direction. This is not the right direction and there is no way you can spin it.

You fork out tons of cash to your cable provider EVERY MONTH to sit on your fat ass watching the tv

yeah YOU -->

Let go of your anger, my friend. It's not good for your heart. Seriously, think of your children.

Guys, be kind to flyer. It obviously takes longer for him to recognize the fact that we are being led by a group of incompetents. Maybe when we go 0-12, it'll sink in. We all reach this conclusion in our own time. I can't for the life of me figure out how there can be any doubt after the last two games, but hey, like I said - it takes some folks longer to figure these things out.

Sorry for wanting a coaching staff who has been out-coached, out fired up, and out-hearted in two games to be out. It's year two, not year one. Youth is not an excuse to lose to the two teams we just lost to.

I've been going to games since I can remember with my dad and grandpa. Have missed one game since '97 and have had my heart ripped out yearly by this team and I'm fed up with it.

when the last time you lookde at a depth chart that didn't have RED around the edges.....NEVER

yeah YOU -->

Why is it incumbent upon the fans and alums to create a donor culture at CU? To me, this points to decades of systemic mismanagement by the CU administration. When they reach out to young alums and small donors in a meaningful way, when they start doing a better job of indoctrinating incoming students on CU sports traditions, when they lay out a clear vision and goals for fans to rally behind... then I'll accept that there's something in the water in Boulder and Denver that creates bad fans. But not until then.

Flyer, while you're here. Can you take a break from the vitriol and explain how the moment a decent product hits the court CU fans have turned the CEC into the best home-court in the Pac12 in 1 year?

Just curious. Would love a response, in all seriousness. Take it easy on the heart though.

Last edited:
What's the cutoff for the "me generation"? Wasn't that the label on the Baby Boomers? I'm very confused now as to who flyer was targeting. Do you have to be at least 67 to be a good Buffs fan? :confused:

You dont deserve to be a moderator since you're too stupid to know that simple fact, seriously of all the people on this board ........YOUYOUYOU

Yeah this thread needs to be shutdown and we need to stop responding to this child. Then he'll go away so grownups can talk.

I smell an AD plant. 126 posts in 5 years...

That's what I'm thinking.

His argument is like telling me that after I tried to support American workers by buying a car made here by a US company... despite my knowing it was of lesser quality and didn't have all the features I want... that I have no right to complain and, in fact, the problems with the car are my fault for not paying above sticker or buying two cars... that if I don't shut my trap and run out to the dealership to buy that 2nd car it's my fault, not the company's management, if the company continues to fail.

Flyer, while you're here. Can you take a break from the vitriol and explain how the moment a decent product hits the court CU fans have turned the CEC into the best home-court in the Pac12 in 1 year?

Just curious. Would love a response, in all seriousness. Take it easy on the heart though.

very easy to explain, CU fans are incredibly fickle and wouldn't sellout Coors until there was a winner in place, kinda like Folsom, completely empty at kickoff today....errrr the student section at least. "Hey did you here the Buffs are actually kinda good, lets go to the games" if Embree gets as much time as his freshman, AND he finds assistants that can coach well enough to win, Folsom will pull just like Coors, I'm just saying the great teams have fanbases that are there win or lose, or we are rarely there even when we are consistently winning, yeah I'm old and I remember those days. still didn't sellout then

I heard Pickens used to troll OSU boards and tell people "did YOU donate a quarter billion? Then shut the **** up"

In general, in sports those teams with the most demanding fan bases are the most successful. They don't have a choice, they must put out a good product, or their fans won't support them, and will fill up the radio phone lines bashing the organizations. In baseball it's the Yankees and Redsox, in college football it's the SEC, in the NBA it's the Lakers. If the CU fans are guilty of anything, it's of being too accepting of this garbage for the past 7 years.

Reactions: dio
not an AD plant ****ers, just a true fan not like YOU

Dave, I'll be wearing blue to the remainder of the games this year. That's ONE. Don't bother to count the rest. Just tell people that one asshole was wearing blue. Powder blue.

very easy to explain, CU fans are incredibly fickle and wouldn't sellout Coors until there was a winner in place, kinda like Folsom, completely empty at kickoff today....errrr the student section at least. "Hey did you here the Buffs are actually kinda good, lets go to the games" if Embree gets as much time as his freshman, AND he finds assistants that can coach well enough to win, Folsom will pull just like Coors, I'm just saying the great teams have fanbases that are there win or lose, or we are rarely there even when we are consistently winning, yeah I'm old and I remember those days. still didn't sellout then

Which assistants need to change?

That's what I'm thinking.

His argument is like telling me that after I tried to support American workers by buying a car made here by a US company... despite my knowing it was of lesser quality and didn't have all the features I want... that I have no right to complain and, in fact, the problems with the car are my fault for not paying above sticker or buying two cars... that if I don't shut my trap and run out to the dealership to buy that 2nd car it's my fault, not the company's management, if the company continues to fail.

No I'm pretty much saying don't be a belligerent freshman threatening every visitor, don't have a heart attack when when an opposing team plays better and wins and don't fire the coach when the O-line plays like sheeeet and the brand new qb can't connect. Your thinking is flawed

No I'm pretty much saying don't be a belligerent freshman threatening every visitor, don't have a heart attack when when an opposing team plays better and wins and don't fire the coach when the O-line plays like sheeeet and the brand new qb can't connect. Your thinking is flawed

Whose fault is that?

If you were connected to the program at all you would understand that students have great difficulty getting into the stadium due to excessive Argus security. Even an unaffiliated passerby walking by the stadium could register this point and the corresponding late influx of students. Illustrates that you aren't especially close to the program.

Also, CU basketball hasn't exactly been a 'winner' in the past 2 years, as you claim. They got incredibly lucky with great coaching, but finished 6th in the pac12 last year and 5th in the big12 at 8-8 in 2011.

Again your arguments hold no water. Feel free to respond.

In general, in sports those teams with the most demanding fan bases are the most successful. They don't have a choice, they must put out a good product, or their fans won't support them, and will fill up the radio phone lines bashing the organizations. In baseball it's the Yankees and Redsox, in college football it's the SEC, in the NBA it's the Lakers. If the CU fans are guilty of anything, it's of being too accepting of this garbage for the past 7 years.

Thats the biggest crock of **** ever, Yankees have the most money that the OWNERS are willing to spend, by far the worst fanbase in the league, Redsox have won once in 200,000 years, the SEC has the best recruiting base outside of California, the Lakers have the smartest ownership in the league.....YOU

If Embree can just find the right assistants, the right QB, get a better offensive line, and the fans would stop being dumbasses, things will turn around... eventually... maybe. Sounds good.

Yes. Fans are fickle. Especially in the north Atlantic and the western US. That's the nature of the beast at CU. It is what it is.

The question therefore becomes what the people in charge at CU are going to do given that market dynamic. For the most part, CU has always had leadership that accepted it and didn't bother to try to build a donor culture or grow the fan base. We've basically seen apathy and neglect. The very fans you're directing your anger toward are the one saying that CU doesn't take its football seriously enough, we want them to, and we care enough to be talking about it at 10pm on a Sunday night after most sensible people would have just tuned out until either basketball season or next year's opener. You can't care as much as the people here do and expect them to patiently accept abysmal performances as they patiently wait for it to somehow work out and better days to be ahead.

Back