What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why the Rose Bowl pisses me off

Jens1893

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
They had the first pick as they lost the #1 ranked team to the NCG and chose Illinois to keep their traditions alive, but passed on what easily could have been one of the best matchups and games this season. They chose Illinois and get a game that opens up with a 14 point spread whereas they could´ve chosen Georgia to get a game between 2 of the arguably hottest teams in the nation right now that would have had pretty much every College FB fan looking forward to it.

They had the first pick as they lost the #1 ranked team to the NCG and chose Illinois to keep their traditions alive, but passed on what easily could have been one of the best matchups and games this season. They chose Illinois and get a game that opens up with a 14 point spread whereas they could´ve chosen Georgia to get a game between 2 of the arguably hottest teams in the nation right now that would have had pretty much every College FB fan looking forward to it.

right on the nose, and I live in pasadena. some old big 10 pac 10 respect bull****. Have some ****ing respect for college football fans. ****ing bull****.

I agree, although I'm looking forward to UGA putting a beatdown on Hawaii, so it's not all bad.

Listening to ESPN radio last night around midnight on my way home from a hockey game - the BCS expert claimed that the Rose Bowl at this time is a major ingrediend that is holding up a playoff system. That stupid, stupid loyalty to the Pac 10/Big 10 matchup is the key item that has to be removed to move it forward.

That was just according to him, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

I agree on the matchup. This matchup holds very little interest - and i would expect it will be very tough for Carrol to keep his troops motivated for this one.

I agree, although I'm looking forward to UGA putting a beatdown on Hawaii, so it's not all bad.
Maybe - I am pulling for the WAc to continue to beat the powers that be; plus I want hair like Devon Bess; I hope the rainbow warriors beat dog turds out of Bama and their wonderful coach

Listening to ESPN radio last night around midnight on my way home from a hockey game - the BCS expert claimed that the Rose Bowl at this time is a major ingrediend that is holding up a playoff system. That stupid, stupid loyalty to the Pac 10/Big 10 matchup is the key item that has to be removed to move it forward.

That was just according to him, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

i remember posting an article about the same thing about a year ago. the big ten commish delany is also one of the most vocal opponents of a playoff system.

I like bowl traditions. I like that the Big 8 champion went to the Orange Bowl. It's what makes college football fun.

Maybe - I am pulling for the WAc to continue to beat the powers that be; plus I want hair like Devon Bess; I hope the rainbow warriors beat dog turds out of Bama and their wonderful coach

That would be interesting seeing as how the Rainbow Warriors are playing Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Maybe - I am pulling for the WAc to continue to beat the powers that be;

Meh, UH looked very pedestrian against a bad UW team on Sat night (for as long as I could stay awake, anyway). I just don't think they're that good. They're not Boise 2006, IMO.

Meh, UH looked very pedestrian against a bad UW team on Sat night (for as long as I could stay awake, anyway). I just don't think they're that good. They're not Boise 2006, IMO.

I haven't seen them play this year but based on some of their close results (2 OT wins plus a few other tight games) I have to agree that they're undefeated record doesn't stand out to me either. The best non-BCS team was Utah a few years ago, it's too bad they got stuck playing a piss-poor Pitt team.

True enough but we all remeber last year's Fiesta Bowl (up here it's like it happened yesterday- one promo souvenier after another - all must have items of course)

and.......Boise State did get rung up by UGA 2 years ago ..........

True enough but we all remeber last year's Fiesta Bowl (up here it's like it happened yesterday- one promo souvenier after another - all must have items of course)

and.......Boise State did get rung up by UGA 2 years ago ..........

2004 Utah and 2006 Boise were the exceptions, not the rule. Most of the time, the undefeated mid-major gets smacked around in a BCS bowl because they're not as good as their record would indicate.

I just happen to think UH will get exposed. They'll have the chance to prove me wrong, and I'll certainly be watching. Too bad Brennan couldn't have kept his sh!t together (and in his pants) at CU. He's got a great arm.

Back