What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why the youth excuse is worn out...

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
Take a look at the depth chart, err I mean grouping chart, for WVU. CU has 66 guys listed on the O and D. 48 are either third year soph., juniors or seniors. At this rate, these guys will be out of eligibility before they are no longer a "young team".:rolleyes:

The team is younger, but young enough to excuse bad losses to CSU and Toledo

The team is younger, but young enough to excuse bad losses to CSU and Toledo

Admittedly, there are a lot of third year sophs., but what set me off I guess was hearing, Miller I think it was, say the OL didn't know who to hit. What? Third year college OL and they are confused on their assignments? That is coaching plain and simple IMO. Miller is a whale of a player, I'm not knocking him in the slightest but that comment left my jaw open...

Admittedly, there are a lot of third year sophs., but what set me off I guess was hearing, Miller I think it was, say the OL didn't know who to hit. What? Third year college OL and they are confused on their assignments? That is coaching plain and simple IMO. Miller is a whale of a player, I'm not knocking him in the slightest but that comment left my jaw open...

I think the biggest issue with the OL is they are simply not comfortable playing with each other because there is so much rotation it seems from week to week that it has to be hard trusting that the guy next to you knows his assignment.

This is why changing offenses every year sucks. It's not like they've had the same blocking assignments each year. That idiotic foray into the spread offense last year costs us a lot.

This is why changing offenses every year sucks. It's not like they've had the same blocking assignments each year. That idiotic foray into the spread offense last year costs us a lot.
That's kind of the point that I was going to make. Changing the OC and the blocking philosophy this year set us back.

i was a guy who would use the 'youth' arguement the last two years. two years ago, its was true. last year it was a bit better then a stupid bad streak of endless injuries to the one and two deep took what might have been a somewhat experienced group and just turned them back into inexperienced.

today, it should be a reasonably seasoned two deep that has seen action over two years to some extent. a group that has learned. a group that no longer makes rookie mistakes. a group that does not still need to learn the playbook. a group that are playing more like 9th game rs sophs rather than true freshman in thier first game.

yep. enough of these guys have been around long enough, in this system, with the injuries that happened last year to add to the depth this year, that what we are seeing is just bad, bad coaching.

from my corner.... with what has happened over the last two years, with youth and injuries, and the experience gained by those circumstances, not only should CU be 3-0 right now, they should be a team that could stay within 7 of WVU and 14 of texas. we should be expecting a decent bowl this year with all eyes to the '10 season as a season to remember.

now? just finish the season and see who CU can find to be the next coach. lets see what the next one can do with all of that 'youth and inexperience'.

you can throw me into the group that once defended hawk but can no longer do it camp. not happy about it but, it is what it is.

that being said, i hope those kids go out tomorrow, kick ass and win one for the U of Colorado. those kids need a good win and i wish them the best.

as liver said, the University of Colorado and its football program is bigger than Hawk.

:gobuffs:

Why is it that certain people on this board always want to put sole blame the O-line? Does the QB and starting WRs make the O-lines Job easier or harder? Between the three different parts O-line is what I am least concerned about. The success of the O-line depends on the QB and WRs doing their jobs.

When you pass 50 times a game to receivers that struggle to get open, you make the O-line job harder.

When your QB is short, slow and has a weak arm, you make the O-line job harder.

When the LBs and safeties play in the box all game long, it is hard to run through the traffic. Six guys have a hard time run blocking eight. Once again the O-line job is harder.

Why is it that certain people on this board always want to put sole blame the O-line? Does the QB and starting WRs make the O-lines Job easier or harder? Between the three different parts O-line is what I am least concerned about. The success of the O-line depends on the QB and WRs doing their jobs.

When you pass 50 times a game to receivers that struggle to get open, you make the O-line job harder.

When the LBs and safeties play in the box all game long, it is hard to run through the traffic. Six guys have a hard time run blocking eight. Once again the O-line job is harder.

:yeahthat:

I wasn't busting on the OL, just perplexed that, after three years, we still hear the COACHES, talk about youth, and still can't effectively explain to the OL what the heck it is they want them to do...

Hawks had a lot longer to rebuild here than harbaugh has had in Standford and look at the strides they are taking there. And please do not tell me that he inherited a more talented team than hawkins did. It's time hawk puts up or shut up, many of us are tired of we're still rebuidling and it's going to take time, talk is cheap unless you're pete caroll or urban meyer then you shouldn't predicting 10 win seasons.

just got through watching yesterday's Buffaloe Stampede: SSDD.

"It's about ready to POP," "the bottom line doesnt show it but the kids are doing all the right thing", etc, etc, that was his message to the fans when CJ asked if you could say a few thigns to the fans right now on the current state of CU football.

Same ol' BS. As has been said earlier, the only thing to look forward to now is who the next HC is going to be.

Back