What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why will next years team be better?

This year, our starting 24, including fullback and nickel back, includes 13 underclassmen, 6 seniors and 5 juniors, last time I looked. On offense, we have 7 freshmen subs and 3 sophomores. That is 9 freshmen and 7 sophs on our offensive 2 deep, or 16 of 28. On defense, we start 1 freshman and 6 sophomores. We have 7 freshmen and 13 sophomores in our 2 deep, or 20 of 30.

Im not saying we will improve, for certain. But you would have to expect with another year of physical and mental maturity and experience, that we almost certainly will improve. Unfortunately, I don't see many recruits that I would expect to contribute much next year.

Last edited:
Everyone seems to be pinning their hopes on being much improved over the last coach's teams. I think we would hard pressed to find a coach that couldn't improve on that mess. Meanwhile, Utah is back in the Top25.

I don't wanna seem like an insensitive asshole but changes need to be made. I'm pretty much sure of it. How the hell are you gonna get roughing the punter when, according to Mac, you weren't even supposed to rush? I heard him say that at halftime and after the game. That tells me either, the players aren't listening or that we have a few that aren't too bright. Said player shouldn't be on the field if that's the case. Mistakes you can fix, stupidity is a different story. Best way is have them not play period. Middle of the season, I guess it's something that should be looked at later. To me, the writing is on the wall for a few folks, this is all opinion. Mac knows more than me.

Everyone seems to be pinning their hopes on being much improved over the last coach's teams. I think we would hard pressed to find a coach that couldn't improve on that mess. Meanwhile, Utah is back in the Top25.
Utah starts 6 underclassmen. The rest are juniors and seniors. We start 13 underclassmen. I'm not saying you're wrong, but my hope would be that next year, we will be more like Utah is this year.

I don't wanna seem like an insensitive asshole but changes need to be made. I'm pretty much sure of it. How the hell are you gonna get roughing the punter when, according to Mac, you weren't even supposed to rush? I heard him say that at halftime and after the game. That tells me either, the players aren't listening or that we have a few that aren't too bright. Said player shouldn't be on the field if that's the case. Mistakes you can fix, stupidity is a different story. Best way is have them not play period. Middle of the season, I guess it's something that should be looked at later. To me, the writing is on the wall for a few folks, this is all opinion. Mac knows more than me.
Well, of course there will be changes. That is a no brainer.

Slightly less young??

2/3 of the team is underclassman so Id say so. Maybe some depth for a change at some positions.

Duff is super down on this recruiting class thus far so thats a bad omen for me. I don't know if he's overly negative or if this is hopefully a transitional class the improves talent and depth enough;

• To show what the coaches are really capable of;
  • To get us to a better record;
  • To get us to a better future recruiting classes;
  • That allow us to compete with the upper 1/4 of P12

It cracks me up that all you sunshine pumpers keep saying we'll be better next year. The reason you get such jaded responses to that statement is that we have been saying "we'll be better next year" since, what, 2005? And even if we're better next year, unless we are substantially better (which I don't see), we will still be in the cellar in the South. I'm not saying we haven't progressed from last year, but it is hard to give much credence to that improvement after we took two steps back last night. That looked like an Embree team. I didn't expect to win or for it even to be close. But that was the least competitive 28 point loss I have ever seen. We could have lost by 70.

It cracks me up that all you sunshine pumpers keep saying we'll be better next year. The reason you get such jaded responses to that statement is that we have been saying "we'll be better next year" since, what, 2005? And even if we're better next year, unless we are substantially better (which I don't see), we will still be in the cellar in the South. I'm not saying we haven't progressed from last year, but it is hard to give much credence to that improvement after we took two steps back last night. That looked like an Embree team. I didn't expect to win or for it even to be close. But that was the least competitive 28 point loss I have ever seen. We could have lost by 70.

BUT BUT BUT we scored by rushing on a goal line stand!!! Unpossible!!!! Now turn those pumps up bitches!!!

I think we all know youth is not the only (or even overriding) issue on defense.

What is respectable in your mind? Who does it involve beating?

How about starting with...anyone?

Our recruiting is extremely borderline. 3/4s of our recruit threads are posters bringing out the pom poms for 2 star "huh..." signings. Thus, we will continue to suck. This is pretty straightforward. MacIntyre really is turning this program into SJSU in some sense, but not in the sense that we'd probably like.

I absolutely do not believe that it is impossible to recruit 3 star players to play college football at Colorado. I live in ****hole Tucson Arizona which is one of the last places in the United States that anyone would want to live and further has no football tradition to speak of and this team has high quality recruits beating down its doors. The only reason that they can do that and we can't is because they have a big boy coaching staff and we have a bunch of guys from some crappy California junior conference who had their salaries doubled by CU's absolutely heinous misuse of the generous assistant pool that MM was awarded. Go look in the old threads from around the time that MM was hired and you'll see a bunch of bitching about the assistant coaching selections and how MM basically just gave every single buddy he could find in his phone a massive raise instead of hiring people who belong at this level. This is why. Our recruiting is a ****ing joke. Every single player is supposed to be a "diamond on the rough"? Give me a break.

Last edited:
The schedule is a bit easier next year. Hawaii, CSU, Nicholls State, and UMass on the non-conference schedule. There's a chance of 4-0 there. More likely 3-1.

Conference schedule remains the same. I'd expect 3-10.

I would expect nothing less than 4-0. Theres a better than 50-50 chance that Sparkles takes a P5 job after this year, and it wouldn't shock me if Norm Chow doesn't survive this year.

How about starting with...anyone?

Our recruiting is extremely borderline. 3/4s of our recruit threads are posters bringing out the pom poms for 2 star "huh..." signings. Thus, we will continue to suck. This is pretty straightforward. MacIntyre really is turning this program into SJSU in some sense, but not in the sense that we'd probably like.

I absolutely do not believe that it is impossible to recruit 3 star players to play college football at Colorado. I live in ****hole Tucson Arizona which is one of the last places in the United States that anyone would want to live and further has no football tradition to speak of and this team has high quality recruits beating down its doors. The only reason that they can do that and we can't is because they have a big boy coaching staff and we have a bunch of guys from some crappy California junior conference who had their salaries doubled by CU's absolutely heinous misuse of the generous assistant pool that MM was awarded. Go look in the old threads from around the time that MM was hired and you'll see a bunch of bitching about the assistant coaching selections and how MM basically just gave every single buddy he could find in his phone a massive raise instead of hiring people who belong at this level. This is why. Our recruiting is a ****ing joke. Every single player is supposed to be a "diamond on the rough"? Give me a break.

Don't blame CU for that-blame MacIntyre. Nine of his 11 assistant coaching hires were people who had worked with him at San Jose State. Brian Lindgren was coaching in the Big Sky as late as three years ago. Kent Baer has a nice resume with some big names on it---but he was not retained at Notre Dame and fired at Washington in the last decade.

I think we all know youth is not the only (or even overriding) issue on defense.
While I point out our youth as a factor, I agree with you regarding the defense. Our overall talent, isn't where it needs to be. Especially the DLine and LB's.

While I point out our youth as a factor, I agree with you regarding the defense. Our overall talent, isn't where it needs to be. Especially the DLine and LB's.

Hopeful that Watnabe (sp?) is a player for us next year at LB. Looks like a baller on his film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrubbing the roster and evaluating depth for next year has left me feeling surprisingly optimistic. We have depth at DB and DL that will have experience - we only lose Hendo, Terror, and Juda. QB, WR (especially with Blandin), and OL should be in good shape. RB is a little thin, but if Gordon is a player that will give us 4 backs again. TE is a toss-up, we have potential behind Irwin, but haven't seen them in action.

A couple positions have me worried. No more than LB. We are razor thin and don't have a lot coming in (in terms of numbers). Addison and Olugbode are back, Rippy should be there, but outside of that it's limited. Gamboa, Watanabe, and NJ Falo are unknowns. I would think Terran and TJ Fehoko would fit in with the OLB versus the DE as well. The other position is K/P. Diego is bad based on every time he's had an opportunity, and we will rely heavily on a Kinney the freshman punter.

We need to recruit another impact LB in this class. The Miami decommit would be a great place to start.

Well, I'm still pissed. Ill still back the team, can't bring myself to turn my back or give up. I want to see these guys succeed badly, I was very frustrated after the game. I'm just sick of this. How many times does it take for them to find out they aren't good enough to gift wrap possessions for teams? Tired of teams not just converting but scoring on like a 3rd and 9, that's not excusable to me. Well, I watched in the good times, ill watch in the bad too. Sure would be nice to have something good happen for a change. Yes they have improved, they didn't show that last night.
^^ this and this ^^ + I am tired of the other teams scoring like the first two or three times they have the ball in like seconds (one or two plays) so demoralizing then we are not only out of our game plan, but also playing scared. Then the snowball starts

Back