What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wild unsubstantiated rumor, Bill McCartney and Les Miles Involved

Do you guys really think LSU is firing Miles when his current record is 8-1? With quality wins against North Carolina, West Virginia, @Florida and Alabama? Their only loss so far is to Auburn, when they fell short by a TD @ Auburn. Not happening in my opinion.

he wouldnt have to be fired to come here

LesMiles-Balls.gif

NEW RUMOR: From a inside source, Superman will be taking over as the next Player/Coach at CU.

Many say he cannot coach very well, but he has pure physical ability. And we havent seen a player coach in over a decade.

Hawk was given 4 almost 5 years and at the time he was hired just about everyone in the country said he was the hottest commodity at the time. How much worse can it get if we hand the key's to EB, atleast it'll be someone who bleeds gold and black and will pour his heart out for his team.

I didn't see anyone turning their backs on EB after he fumbled 4 times in the game against NU, Everyone remained behind him and surely enough he ran wild in the 4th quarter.
This whole "bleeds black and gold thing" you always see is absurd. Coaches are professionals and very few coach for their alma maters. Think of all of the best coaches; very few, if any coach for their alma maters. It's their job, their profession, their livelihood. It's a business. That's not to say that they're not passionate, but they are passionate about winning, money, the players, excellence in doing their job, reputation, etc. All of that is transferable from one school or club (NFL) to the next. About last on thier list, if even on the list, is school loyalty or pride.

NEW RUMOR: From a inside source, Superman will be taking over as the next Player/Coach at CU.

Many say he cannot coach very well, but he has pure physical ability. And we havent seen a player coach in over a decade.

EB could kick his ass and outcoach him.

This whole "bleeds black and gold thing" you always see is absurd. Coaches are professionals and very few coach for their alma maters. Think of all of the best coaches; very few, if any coach for their alma maters. It's their job, their profession, their livelihood. It's a business. That's not to say that they're not passionate, but they are passionate about winning, money, the players, excellence in doing their job, reputation, etc. All of that is transferable from one school or club (NFL) to the next. About last on thier list, if even on the list, is school loyalty or pride.

I disagree vehemently. I think the University of Colorado is a VERY unique situation. I think it is a much different university. The support is poor (both internally, from the University, and externally, from donors) but the expectations are through the roof. The politics of the University are EXTREMELY high.

I think a person who has been working as an offensive or defensive coordinator at Oklahoma or Texas or Alabama or Florida or Oregon or whatever would arrive at CU in a wave of euphoria and three or four months later would say -- what the hell did I get myself into?!?!

While I think it is great that a person might "bleed black and gold" I agree with you-- anybody who comes to coach at CU will want to win. But I think anybody who is an outsider, regardless of their X's and O's experience, is going to be BEHIND THE CURVE the minute they step on the campus because the University of Colorado is SO DIFFERENT.

I also think, as Mike Bohn commented in his press release, that this University and its fan base is DIVIDED. The fans of this University are NOT united. There are fans who like Mike Bohn, there are fans who hate Mike Bohn. There are fans who don't care who the AD is. But what they all need is a coach they can RALLY AROUND. If Jim McElwain is hired, there are going to be some fans who say -- WTF?? If Troy Calhoun is hired - same thing. The divisiveness continues with those types of hires. CU can't afford any more division amongst its fanbase.

Agree with this for sure and I don't think there is a bigger EB pumper than I. Would still love to have EB on Miles' staff and involved with the program somehow but I really think EB is in line for a HC job within the next couple years.

EB turned down Kiffin last year for the USC OC spot. He's not coming here unless he's the HC, IMO.

KU AD = $900K per year
CU AD = $300K per year

Just sayin'

KU = broke and in no position to pay their next AD half of what they're paying their current guy.
CU = in a position to give Bohn a nice raise.

Just sayin'.

Could the situation unfold where Mac is named HC, and in a year or two, when Miles and LSU are really sick of each other, that is when Miles could come on board?

EB turned down Kiffin last year for the USC OC spot. He's not coming here unless he's the HC, IMO.

Would you want to work for Lane Kiffin at a school that's on a three year probation? I tend to think that had more to do with it than anything else, frankly.

Would you want to work for Lane Kiffin at a school that's on a three year probation? I tend to think that had more to do with it than anything else, frankly.

I wouldn't work for Kiffin ever. That guy has "weasel" written all over him. You know a guy truly is a dirtbag when you believe Al Davis over him, and then he follows up with the sh!t he pulled at Tennessee.

$$$$ Talks, we can't keep thinking boulder and it's mountains are going to bring top recruits and top coaches here...

Actually, a lot of schools are broke, but they don't know it yet. Pretty much ALL the PAC10 schools except Stanford are losing their butts. But in states like AZ and CA, the taxpayer is funding the deficit (for now anyways). Colorado is unique that way.

You don't want Les Miles. He's like the kid that wins all the drag races in high school but only because he's driving his dad's GT40. He's doing everything he can to lose games but his team is too good. Most LSU fans I know would love to get rid of him and move on because even Lady Gaga could recruit effectively at LSU...

First spit coffee out and laugh all day. Well, it's still early ...:thumbsup:

I disagree vehemently. I think the University of Colorado is a VERY unique situation. I think it is a much different university. The support is poor (both internally, from the University, and externally, from donors) but the expectations are through the roof. The politics of the University are EXTREMELY high.

I think a person who has been working as an offensive or defensive coordinator at Oklahoma or Texas or Alabama or Florida or Oregon or whatever would arrive at CU in a wave of euphoria and three or four months later would say -- what the hell did I get myself into?!?!

While I think it is great that a person might "bleed black and gold" I agree with you-- anybody who comes to coach at CU will want to win. But I think anybody who is an outsider, regardless of their X's and O's experience, is going to be BEHIND THE CURVE the minute they step on the campus because the University of Colorado is SO DIFFERENT.

I also think, as Mike Bohn commented in his press release, that this University and its fan base is DIVIDED. The fans of this University are NOT united. There are fans who like Mike Bohn, there are fans who hate Mike Bohn. There are fans who don't care who the AD is. But what they all need is a coach they can RALLY AROUND. If Jim McElwain is hired, there are going to be some fans who say -- WTF?? If Troy Calhoun is hired - same thing. The divisiveness continues with those types of hires. CU can't afford any more division amongst its fanbase.
I think this speaks to hiring the "right" guy vs an "inside" guy. Look at your best coach ever. He was not an inside guy when he started, I don't believe. CU is not alone in being different in some or many meaningful ways. Just because you understand a situation coming in does not mean you can effectively handle it. If you are the guy with the skills to manage, lead and thrive in tough or unique situaons, then you are the guy. Again, it's the skill set that does it, not allegiance to the particular school.

Some people are just great leaders. Doesn't matter if it's CU, Texas, SC, Microsoft, General Electric, US Army, a church or a family. CU needs a leader at the CEO (head coach) position.

Actually, a lot of schools are broke, but they don't know it yet. Pretty much ALL the PAC10 schools except Stanford are losing their butts. But in states like AZ and CA, the taxpayer is funding the deficit (for now anyways). Colorado is unique that way.

I thought USC was still rolling in the dough?

So I was in Baton Rouge this past weekend and the take from some lower level boosters that were in the same RV park as us was, Miles knows that if he has one sub-par season, one 7 win season he will be fired, and he may be thinking why not choose my own next job on my own terms instead of letting someone else choose for me. They also said that he (Miles) reached out to some Colorado booster in Michigan three weeks ago taking the temperature of the program, that's why this story has legs. It was ridiculous, even after beating Bama the fans were saying that they still don't want him. And last but not least, Baton Rogue is a ***** hole, a serious ***** hole. I would much rather make $2M and live in boulder then make $4M living in Baton Rouge. He won't come here though, it's not going to happen.

So I was in Baton Rouge this past weekend and the take from some lower level boosters that were in the same RV park as us was, Miles knows that if he has one sub-par season, one 7 win season he will be fired, and he may be thinking why not choose my own next job on my own terms instead of letting someone else choose for me. They also said that he (Miles) reached out to some Colorado booster in Michigan three weeks ago taking the temperature of the program, that's why this story has legs. It was ridiculous, even after beating Bama the fans were saying that they still don't want him. And last but not least, Baton Rogue is a ***** hole, a serious ***** hole. I would much rather make $2M and live in boulder then make $4M living in Baton Rouge. He won't come here though, it's not going to happen.

Thanks for the info. This supports alot of the BCS scoop.

I thought USC was still rolling in the dough?

they are but understand very much that is tied to continuing to win. Stanford hasn't had the best financial year either their football program is getting much more expensive, they can only sell so many tickets (6K total students) and they rely heavily on their endowments to fund sports, those have taken a hit, and just last year Standford reduced several positions in a cost cutting move. The primary schools under the gun are UCLA, Cal, and the 2 AZ schools.

I think this speaks to hiring the "right" guy vs an "inside" guy. Look at your best coach ever. He was not an inside guy when he started, I don't believe. CU is not alone in being different in some or many meaningful ways. Just because you understand a situation coming in does not mean you can effectively handle it. If you are the guy with the skills to manage, lead and thrive in tough or unique situaons, then you are the guy. Again, it's the skill set that does it, not allegiance to the particular school.

Colorado needs a coach who can walk in the front door and start running, not a guy who has to sift through the internal politics for the first year he's on campus.

Back