What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will CU win another game this season?

Win another game?

• yes

Votes: 54 54.0%
  • no

Votes: 46 46.0%

• Total voters
We're a long, long way away from competing against teams like Stanford and Oregon. We really aren't that far from competing against UCLA, UA and Utah, IMO. I think a lot of the negativity stems from the fact that we've looked completely pathetic against some of the best teams in the country. That should not be the measuring stick - at least at this point. Yes, at some point we want to compete with those teams. We can't now. That doesn't mean we can't compete against the middle of the road teams.

It's even more shocking you disagree with him. God forbid he disagrees with you.
No it's truly shocking that he would be negative, like everyone on this site seems to be. We played the #4, #9, and #25 team the past three weeks and will play the #20 team next week. Not really sure what people expected from this three, four game stretch.

We're a long, long way away from competing against teams like Stanford and Oregon. We really aren't that far from competing against UCLA, UA and Utah, IMO. I think a lot of the negativity stems from the fact that we've looked completely pathetic against some of the best teams in the country. That should not be the measuring stick - at least at this point. Yes, at some point we want to compete with those teams. We can't now. That doesn't mean we can't compete against the middle of the road teams.

I dunno. Again, I think it's injuries, but we looked beyond pathetic this weekend. There was literally no hope. If we played a perfect game, we still lose by 40. These are sad days.

Before the season I actually thought next year would be worse than this year. But with the injuries, that is almost impossible. Do you guys realize that we are trying to replace Espinoza at CB due to injury? I mean, come on.

No it's truly shocking that he would be negative, like everyone on this site seems to be. We played the #4, #9, and #25 team the past three weeks and will play the #20 team next week. Not really sure what people expected from this three, four game stretch.
I'm pretty upbeat, we suck, but I think we have a shot at winning AZ and Utah. Not because we will dominate, but because they will find a way to give it away.

I'm pretty upbeat, we suck, but I think we have a shot at winning AZ and Utah. Not because we will dominate, but because they will find a way to give it away.
We aren't good, that's for sure but it's not like we've been beat by Arkansas State, NMSU, UNM, or those teams, we've played some really good teams and hell, we played Furd tougher than UW did.

We aren't good, that's for sure but it's not like we've been beat by Arkansas State, NMSU, UNM, or those teams, we've played some really good teams and hell, we played Furd tougher than UW did.

we managed a whopping 7 points against them, I wouldn't get too excited about that.

Does it always have to go this way with you? I get you think this site is full of whiners who are too negative, but is it really worth bringing in up every single thread? I know you love to pick fights, but would it kill you to at least acknowledge that people have some reasoning behind their jadedness right now? I like you and some of the younger guys who are students have a "rah rah" attitude, but it is okay to be a little realistic when you consider the current state of the team.

I did not expect much of anything in this stretch, but I also did not expect a ton of injuries to cripple this team either. What concerns me more than anything is the two close home games we dropped earlier in the season. Really bad teams tend to find ways to lose.

EDIT: You are not really using that Stanford game as an argument, are you?

Myself, I didn't expect to beat stanford or oregon. What I didn't expect was our defense going into the season to be so awful. Yes our secondary is bare due to injuries and suspensions but that side of the ball has been a suprise.

Patience is what's needed and I'll have to learn how to have said patience. Having said that, I thought we'd see some improvement with this staff concerning the play they would get out of this team. The Cal and Wazzou games still sting.

After the last 5 years, I never thought we'd be 1-7 at this point now with the change. We weren't going to beat stanford or oregon with p-rich and speedy anyway.Just frustrated with the way cu football has gone in the crapper. Recruiting will hopefully pick up and finish strong.

No more shocking than your KoolAid-drinking ass thinking we'll win 2 of those 3. When you start making logical, well-reasoned arguments, then you get some slack for criticizing others. Until then, STFU.

No more shocking than your KoolAid-drinking ass thinking we'll win 2 of those 3. When you start making logical, well-reasoned arguments, then you get some slack for criticizing others. Until then, STFU.
:facepalm:

Voted yes -

Would love to see a U$C win 'cause I'm coming down, and weird things happen in Boulder on a blackout, but probably not.

I'm thinking at least 1 of the last three - and the shift from the MWC to a BCS conference is taking it's toll on Utah. The lack of BCS-talent depth is getting exposed. I think we get some of our injured guys back over the next few weeks and we have real chance in those last three.

But definitely getting the hard stuff ready for next week - that asshole Erickson won't let up on the gas like Kelly did.

We also lost to powerhouses Hawaii (who we killed last year at home), CAL and Wash St (who was 4-30 in the last 3 years or something like that)

We also lost to powerhouses Hawaii (who we killed last year at home), CAL and Wash St (who was 4-30 in the last 3 years or something like that)
Hawaii damn near beat USC at home in 2010. Cal we got ****ed in the a by the refs, and WSU....I don't even know. No reason we should have lost that game.

Hawaii damn near beat USC at home in 2010. Cal we got ****ed in the a by the refs, and WSU....I don't even know. No reason we should have lost that game.

Hey knucklehead, we beat Hawaii last year in 2010. Who gives a **** what they did vs USC last year. CAL had nothing to do with the refs and Greg Brown's defense lost the Wash St game. Thanks for playing.

UCLA, Buffs send that stinking weasel Neuheisel packing and finally get a road win. Sweet!

I'd like to think we have a shot vs UCLA, Arizona, and maybe Utah, but I just don't see it. I can just see Terror covering Fauria now. Foles is a good QB, he's going to have a field day vs our DBs. And Utah looks somewhat weak, but I'm sure we can change that. Plus 2 of those are road games.

I'd like to think we have a shot vs UCLA, Arizona, and maybe Utah, but I just don't see it. I can just see Terror covering Fauria now. Foles is a good QB, he's going to have a field day vs our DBs. And Utah looks somewhat weak, but I'm sure we can change that. Plus 2 of those are road games.

The only good news about Arizona is their defense is surprisingly bad. There's a small chance against UCLA just because they've got guys like Josh Smith with major attitude issues - it's going to be ugly down there by mid November. Attendance might literally be under 30k for that one

Last edited:
Utah's QB that is currently starting is not a Division 1 player, and their running game is nothing to write home about. They do have some strong points, like their defensive line and a fairly physical defense in general, but their offense should rename itself Christmas with all the presents they're handing out.

If you don't give the ball right back to them, it's a pretty winnable game.

UCLA with Prince also has a propensity for making some outrageously bad plays. They've got some talent still, but they'll give away the game if you let them.

Arizona has the bad record and bad defense, but they have Nick Foles and you don't. The passing game is rock solid. They can put up points. I don't think you'll get the win there.

Last edited:
Utah's QB that is currently starting is not a Division 1 player, and their running game is nothing to write home about. They do have some strong points, like their defensive line and a fairly physical defense in general, but their offense should rename itself Christmas with all the presents they're handing out.

If you don't give the ball right back to them, it's a pretty winnable game.

It's tough to find any joy in this painful football season, but Utah being right there at the bottom with us at 0-4 and getting abused is pretty hilarious. I'm hardly one to consider Utah our new 'rival', but listening to their fans talk a big game about how they were going to come right into the Pac and waltz over everyone on their way to the CCG makes their current situation hilarious. Welcome to the big leagues Utes -- depth matters.

I want to pretend I think we will win a a game but I just can't intelligently believe it. Our sub par talent (45% received offers by other BCS team right?) at the beginning of the season, that lost to Hawaii and cal is decimated. We literally ran out of dbs. .

Most importantly, we haven't belonged on the field with a ****tty OSU team, Stanford, wash, or Oregon. You can't just say they are great teams. We should still be able to play. What we saw out there were teams that could literally pick the score they wanted against us. I have a hard time even understanding an argument that ucla, Arizona, and Utah doing badly are worse than we are. Maybe ucla if they completely give up.

Hurt to say all that, but I'm glad to get it out. Maybe now I can try to be optimistic...I mean, I didn't expect that broncos game to turn out the way it did

Back