What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will Davis Webb be a Buff?

Will Davis Webb be a Buff?

• Total voters
We are cursed to 3 win seasons for all eternity. We need to start sacrificing animals at the 50 yard line until we figure out how to make the angry Gods happy.

This is a fine idea. I know where we can find a goat to kick things off on the first game of the season.

And who the **** is Will Davis? What are his feelings on cheesecake?

Reminds me of:

billstickers.jpg

Coach said he talks with Webb just about everyday in the BSN article posted yesterday. So, while I think the visit took us all by surprise, I think it was just Davis doing some last minute checking. I think what will be interesting now that we are pretty sure Webb is coming, is how are they going to manage two starting guys. Sefo might be ready, and so do you redshirt him? How will the leadership be in the locker room? Will Davis be the automatic leader since he is the QB, and how does he earn the trust of the guys with never playing in a game with them? What is Sefo beats him out? Then what? How will Davis react in the locker room? It will be interesting to see how the coaches manage all of that.

Coach said he talks with Webb just about everyday in the BSN article posted yesterday. So, while I think the visit took us all by surprise, I think it was just Davis doing some last minute checking. I think what will be interesting now that we are pretty sure Webb is coming, is how are they going to manage two starting guys. Sefo might be ready, and so do you redshirt him? How will the leadership be in the locker room? Will Davis be the automatic leader since he is the QB, and how does he earn the trust of the guys with never playing in a game with them? What is Sefo beats him out? Then what? How will Davis react in the locker room? It will be interesting to see how the coaches manage all of that.

If Webb does arrive, the starting job is his. That is how these mercenary situations work. It would take Sefo or Montez looking like all americans in fall camp to unseat him likely. Football players want to win, they will get behind whoever helps them win more games.

For CU, the best option would be for Sefo to redshirt, get fully healthy. Then have montez be QB2 and get game reps when ever possible. Then in 2017 we have a 5th yr senior QB and a talented 3rd year sophomore with some experience competing for QB1

“Like I’ve said all along—when Sefo broke his Lisfranc—everybody that understands a Lisfranc break, sometimes they come back okay, sometimes they take a little bit longer,” he explained. “You never know, so I sat down with Sefo and talked about how we had an opportunity and Davis Webb showed interest in us and he said, ‘Coach, we’re going to have a good football team, If I were you I would go get somebody because I don’t know if my leg is going to be well or not.'”

Translation - if and when Davis is here, Sefo is redshirting.

Knowing how these sneaker companies operate, I'm now freaking out about Cal switching to UA. Texas Tech is a UA school. I bet the UA folks are in Kingsbury's ear to push Webb to Cal now.

Yes, I fully realize that I need help.

Knowing how these sneaker companies operate, I'm now freaking out about Cal switching to UA. Texas Tech is a UA school. I bet the UA folks are in Kingsbury's ear to push Webb to Cal now.

Yes, I fully realize that I need help.
I don't think UA really cares about a grad transfer QB who has started less than 2 seasons in his career.

I do not understand why some want Sefo to redshirt (or in some cases, start over Webb)? Sefo is tough and has leadership qualities. Sefo also threw deep down the sidelines with some success. However, he is not a good college QB overall. He does not progress thru his reads and he tends to throw unbelievable interceptions. I cannot count how many times he personally has taken CU out of games, granted the O Line has been sub-par.. He has had three years to show his sample size, I would prefer to see any of CU's QB behind center (growing pains or not) before Sefo takes another snap. Sefo may be tough but he simply is not a good college QB.

Webb starting over Sefo is a no brainer.

I do not understand why some want Sefo to redshirt (or in some cases, start over Webb)? Sefo is tough and has leadership qualities. Sefo also threw deep down the sidelines with some success. However, he is not a good college QB overall. He does not progress thru his reads and he tends to throw unbelievable interceptions. I cannot count how many times he personally has taken CU out of games, granted the O Line has been sub-par.. He has had three years to show his sample size, I would prefer to see any of CU's QB behind center (growing pains or not) before Sefo takes another snap. Sefo may be tough but he simply is not a good college QB.

Webb starting over Sefo is a no brainer.

Sefo redshirting is good for continuity and competition after Webb is gone. A 5th year senior QB on the roster is a good problem to have.

Sefo can be a leader in sweatpants on the sideline, exactly like he was during the Spring Game. He was great at it, and if there is anyone in college football who could mentally handle redshirting in this instance and still have a positive impact, it's Sefo.

A 5th year senior QB on the roster is a good problem to have.

I agree, IF Sefo is on the bench and used as an emergency QB only. He does not place CU in a position to win PAC 12 level football games. If CU is to lose, it should be by a QB who has a higher ceiling and can gain valuable experience. Sefo on the sidelines, sure. However, there is very little value in having Sefo on the field with eligible QB's on the roster.

That being said, this is a Webb string; Webb brings a level of success at the collegiate level and can help CU win football games. Again, I do not understand the notion that some would rather have Sefo, if healthy, start over Webb.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/174523178/college-football-graduate-transfers-davis-webb

Not a great article. Not surprising given it was written by the former Big12 ESPN writer David Ubben. However it did have some insight into Webb's thought process.

Webb is committed to Colorado, but regardless of where he actually enrolls, he's planning on showing up to campus on May 21, a day after he graduates from Texas Tech.

"I'm not in a mood to mess around," he said, "This is a business decision."

In the meantime, his exit has been far less awkward than Adams'.

Every day, he gets texts from teammates checking in on him, wondering if he's made his final decision about where he'll play next season. More than a few have promised to keep an eye on the Pac-12 Network during flights home next season to watch his game. Three times a week, he checks in with Kingsbury to update him on where the recruiting process stands.

In the meantime, he's still collecting as much information as possible, talking to high school coaches, ex-players and ex-quarterbacks of teams he's interested in, as well as current players and coaches. He's even touched based with other quarterbacks who have transferred like Knight and his former Texas Tech teammates, Baker Mayfield and Michael Brewer, who transferred to Oklahoma and Virginia Tech, respectively.

It's likely not Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre's favorite practice, but Webb says he was upfront with what lie ahead when he first committed to the Buffaloes.

"They've been very understanding of my situation," Webb said. "They've been nothing but the best. They put their points out there. A lot of other college coaches have made their points, too. Being the youngest captain ever at Tech played in my favor. I've been a hard worker. I've been motivated. I think I have a lot of doubters. I want to prove people wrong. I have a humongous chip on my shoulder. If I do that, I feel like I have a chance to leave a legacy in a program.

Again, I do not understand the notion that some would rather have Sefo, if healthy, start over Webb.
Who is saying this? All the posts I've read are 100% behind Webb.

We all know who and what Sefo is...a GREAT Buff with a GREAT heart, but average abilities and an anti-clutch gene.

Who is saying this? All the posts I've read are 100% behind Webb.

We all know who and what Sefo is...a GREAT Buff with a GREAT heart, but average abilities and an anti-clutch gene.

I agree with you, but when you say "anti clutch gene" it screams skip bayless, you're better than that!

Mississippi State has joined the fun.

"Webb, who threw 46 touchdowns over three seasons with Texas Tech, has reportedly been in talks with California, Auburn and Mississippi State. He has already signed a financial aid agreement with Colorado, but the rules allow him to continue to be recruited by other programs."

Back