What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will Jefferson

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
First of, I'm a fan of the kid. He plays with a purpose. He's an excellent athlete. He's a hard worker. And he's got a great attitude about doing what's asked of him. I believe he's going to keep getting better and be an excellent player for us.

But that said, I don't understand why we moved him to running back. We are redshirting 3 RBs. Is our recruiting so bad that we missed on all of them? Is our coaching so bad that none of them are trusted in Week 6 to know the plays and pass protections?

Will Jeff did run pretty well (makes me wonder why we've never thrown a bubble screen to him in 2 years), but he had the type of fumble that's pretty typical of a guy who is not used to carrying the ball and is fighting for extra yards to prove himself and help the team. I like that he was finally utilized in this game, but I question the way in which he was utilized.

And I question not using our actual RBs. Maybe some of them have been moved to defense and they just don't know yet that they've asked to play safety?

I question benching Quentin Hildreth considering we have so few RBs, but then again, nobody is asking me for advice.

[video=youtube;0xwrp9lcu2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwrp9lcu2Q[/video]

Some truth to that, but I think anybody can fumble, and don't hold it against him too much. It was a team effort...

Be nice if we could have used Polk (wasn't he the top RB in AZ?), but I understand why given the lack of depth in the secondary.

Will Jefferson impressed me yesterday, but that fumble was the ballgame

Be nice if we could have used Polk (wasn't he the top RB in AZ?), but I understand why given the lack of depth in the secondary.

Will Jefferson impressed me yesterday, but that fumble was the ballgame

I wonder how Polk would look at RB, but he is turning into a nice safety imo

I think both Jefferson and Polk looked at who they are and decided the best bet for them to go to the next level was to switch.

Maybe the kids have asked not to play. Not sure they would want their redshirt removed this late in another sh**ty season for a lame duck coach. I'd want to preserve my eligibility for the next coach too.

So the coaching staff is screwed up for playing jefferson instead of polk at tb yesterday? really? so this what it has come to?

Maybe the kids have asked not to play. Not sure they would want their redshirt removed this late in another sh**ty season for a lame duck coach. I'd want to preserve my eligibility for the next coach too.

That could be true of the true freshmen, but Hildreth used his redshirt year in 2009. He is using eligibility now whether or not he plays, but not on the field. I am assuming there's some reason he's being overlooked, but we are so in need of backs, I'm not sure what it is.

So the coaching staff is screwed up for playing jefferson instead of polk at tb yesterday? really? so this what it has come to?

I didn't get that at all -- I think it's great Jefferson is playing. And I think he's going to be very good. Probably going to take a bit to be comfortable in the new position.
Some are saying, if we need an RB, why not Polk, who played in HS.

WJ might be the best open-field runner with BLock out for the year and Polk reassigned. Need someone back there who is actually a threat to break off some yards. Can't help but thinking how nice it would be to have Polk lining up in the backfield right now. Polk would be a better RB than FS. Problem is nobody can fill his shoes on D.

Will had some nice runs, the fumble seemed like he was just trying to do too much. As for the other questions, I have no idea. Hopefully our recruiting isn't that awful..

Take one of our best receivers and put him at running back. Don't play the kids you recruited to play running back. Makes perfect sense to DII.

Back