What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will the DBs turn heads to look for the ball?

buffalo1

Club Member
Club Member
A new coaching regime has me wondering if the DBs will consistently turn their head to look at the incoming ball? Or, will they do what seemed to be what was taught, and just watch the receiver only to have so many times a ball float right into the WR hands and miss the opportunity to swat or pick it.
I'm far from a technique or coaching expert and won't claim to know what's best.

But watching the passes be caught without the DB ever looking at the ball until it was safely secured in the WR hands drove me nuts!

Let's hope so, but that was an issue in both of Ambrose's stints here. The CBs did a better job watching for the ball under Clark.

A new coaching regime has me wondering if the DBs will consistently turn their head to look at the incoming ball? Or, will they do what seemed to be what was taught, and just watch the receiver only to have so many times a ball float right into the WR hands and miss the opportunity to swat or pick it.
I'm far from a technique or coaching expert and won't claim to know what's best.

But watching the passes be caught without the DB ever looking at the ball until it was safely secured in the WR hands drove me nuts!
Great question. I think they were taught to look at the guy not turn their heads and then grab him before the ball got there. I’m sure we lead the world I’m PI calls for the last 5 years

Yes

don't know, but i am not feeling super-confident about the DBs right now-- still a lot of shuffling and position battles. if we can hold up in the secondary, i think we could have a decent defense.

don't know, but i am not feeling super-confident about the DBs right now-- still a lot of shuffling and position battles. if we can hold up in the secondary, i think we could have a decent defense.
We are going to give up a lot of points thru the air, I’m afraid.

i suspect we are going with a platoon process in the secondary... problem is i am not sure we have 2-3 for reals guys identified to anchor it all.

Back