What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will This Break Nebraska's Season?

uGPAHbr.gif

This. NU players have already been saying they were the better team. They were flat out dominated in the second half and the first was closer than it seemed. CU needed to get their running game going.
Buffs gave 'em 10 first half points. Otherwise it was 7-0 despite Mr. Perfect Passer Martinez.

This game hammered home to the Nubs how idiotic they had let their expectations get. With help by national media, they were really talking 11 wins.

Stryker, a Nub columnist puts it well here:
This meltdown cost Frost and his team a lot of capital with Husker Nation, and with college football analysts nationwide. You’ll have to look long and hard to find anyone who is optimistic about anything north of a 6-6 regular season now.

But he also says the Nubs should have won by 3 TDs... So I guess they simply got tired? No, much of corn nation fears that Scott Frost is a fraud. That the Chip Kelly offense ran its course, that Martinez simply cannot throw down field, and that the players may start to quit on Frost's tired act.

In fact, if I had more time I would screenshot Buffsurveyor's own realistic takes that he put on his "home" board, the one that Buff fans are banned from posting on. He's deflated.

This game hammered home to the Nubs how idiotic they had let their expectations get. With help by national media, they were really talking 11 wins.

But he also says the Nubs should have won by 3 TDs... So I guess they simply got tired? No, much of corn nation fears that Scott Frost is a fraud. That the Chip Kelly offense ran its course, that Martinez simply cannot throw down field, and that the players may start to quit on Frost's tired act.

In fact, if I had more time I would screenshot Buffsurveyor's own realistic takes that he put on his "home" board, the one that Buff fans are banned from posting on. He's deflated.
giphy.gif

It’s easy to say in hindsight, but Nubs played their minds out in the first half and only put up 17. Martinez was perfect, the Dline was suffocating and they were ahead on turnovers.

They weren’t as good as it appeared and the second half demonstrated that. No team could sustain that for 60 minutes. Buffs just needed to stay grounded and keep going.

I said it before the game, and I still see no reason Nubs will reach more than 6 wins.

Their fans claiming they lost to an inferior team and coaching staff are delusional. Frost isn’t half the coach Solich or Pelini were.

Last edited:
It might. As much as they want to deny, CU lives rent free in their meth addled heads. Losing this one, again, hurts the corn. They are not that good, they are living the lie and the B1G is going to make them look like a cat caught in the dryer come late November.

It might. As much as they want to deny, CU lives rent free in their meth addled heads. Losing this one, again, hurts the corn. They are not that good, they are living the lie and the B1G is going to make them look like a cat caught in the dryer come late November.
I don’t know. When they flashed their schedule for the rest of the year, it was pretty soft. It was OSU and a bunch of weak, unranked B1G teams. If they right the ship against that, it will lead to lots of “next year we are national champ contenders” type stuff again. It never ends. Except against CU!

I'm thinking that with the rule changes on substitutions and defenses now being so familiar with the concepts, that we're now seeing the Kelly offense as nothing special in college football. Kelly and Frost are both struggling. The offense still finds explosive plays in space, either on the edge in the run game or downfield with the occasional coverage breakdown. But it seems to have lost its ability to keep a defense on its heels with high pressure play after high pressure play. It's now more boom or bust with generating big plays as what it relies on.

I still love it for G5 level if you have a program that can recruit a significant speed advantage as some can. But that offense isn't innovative or scary at the P5 level any more.

Oh please do-this is going to be sooooooooo much fun. They had a big day planned for us last year between Osborne going into their HoF and Frosty Returns last year, and we spoiled that-then they spend $7m to try and talk all kinds of trash about they're going to ruin Mel's Folsom debut.........and then they fail to back it up. Its time to be really, really bad winners and rub their noses in it for the next four years.

I don’t know. When they flashed their schedule for the rest of the year, it was pretty soft. It was OSU and a bunch of weak, unranked B1G teams. If they right the ship against that, it will lead to lots of “next year we are national champ contenders” type stuff again. It never ends. Except against CU!
Wiscy, Iowa and tOSU will all beat the corn handily. That's 8-4, best case. I think NIU could actually give them a game next week. NIU is not a bad G5 team and if the corn have a letdown and drop that one...Katie bar the door.

Wiscy, Iowa and tOSU will all beat the corn handily. That's 8-4, best case. I think NIU could actually give them a game next week. NIU is not a bad G5 team and if the corn have a letdown and drop that one...Katie bar the door.

Here's what I see for Fusker:
NIU-W, but this is going to be a really, really tough for them.
Illinois-W.
Ohio State-Ugly L
Northwestern-L
Minnesota-L
Indiana-W
Purdue-L
Wisconsin-L
Maryland-L
Iowa-L

4-8 again! Oh no!

1567960627378.png

Last edited:
Here's what I see for Fusker:
NIU-W, but this is going to be a really, really tough for them.
Illinois-W.
Ohio State-Ugly L
Northwestern-L
Minnesota-L
Indiana-W
Purdue-L
Wisconsin-L
Maryland-L
Iowa-L

4-8 again!

View attachment 31301
I agree. Some of those middling B1G teams (Minny, Purdue, NW) could put a serious dent in NU's W-L. NU just is not that good.

Back