What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will This Break Nebraska's Season?

I almost feel for this guy... almost (from r/Huskers)

Hello friends. I type this at 2 am local time as Nebraska raised (both parents went to Nebraska) and graduate and today’s loss was the hardest hitting loss of my life. Let me explain.

I’m 34. Was raised in the glory years. Dreamed of playing for Osborne. Got Nebraska freshman year in 2003 and basically walked into what became a horrible four years of football for us. I dove head first into ‘college’ and became really involved in campus and my senior year I was the student government Vice President, on the Chancellor’s Innocents Society, just being the best Nebraska kid could be at his dream school.

I got job out of school in KC and that allowed me to go to so many games for years. I saw tough loses at Mizzou, Oklahoma. But the loss at KU that one year hurt. Not horribly, their fans commments after the game were worse then the game. Cause I figure it was a speed bump, a detour, a rerout. Them I attended the 2009 B12 championship in Jerryworld. My rooomate and good friend was a Texas grad.

Me and my buddies partied with his buddies the whole weekend. They just talked **** the entire time. Well come game time, I sat with my roommate and his buddies and at the end of the game I thought that would be the worst loss I’ve ever see. I figured we got ****ed by the refs. I was 25. It could be worse than that right?

I’ve since moved from KC to Charlotte NC to Minneapolis to Atlanta. Every move, I’m the ‘Nebraska guy’. It’s how people identity me and that’s great. I’m proud of where I’m from and don’t shy away from my devotion and identity tied to the school.

What sucks about that is days like last year when we lose to Troy. I get over 20 text messages from friends and acquaintances saying “what happens!?”

It was easier when the expectations and goals were lower. Today hurt. It hurt bad.

Who cares about what we were suppose to do this season. Who cares about rankings. What I care about is being happy with our team knowing we are going to get back to the level of competing for something.

Which bring me to this loss.

We loss the same way we have lost so many games over the past 8 years.

But today should have been different. Today should have been where we flip the script. But we didn’t. We lost.

I crushed me.

I cried. Not because we lost. Because I don’t know if we can ever get back.

It’s hard being a guy who has Nebraska flags, window decals, cups and polos where you are the only Husker. Today was suppose to be the change in the script. But it wasn’t.

Today’s loss has honestly made me think “why?” For the first time ever.

I’m here at 3 am. Been up since 6 am because I was so excited. Hurting. Horribly.

That’s it. Today’s lost has hit me at core.

Last edited:
I hope it broke them mentally and physically. Like they have to stay at their sister/cousin's house cause their trailer got towed broke. **** THEM.

Last year they followed up this home loss to us by ****ting the bed against Troy. This year, they get (checks notes), Northern Illinois after our game. It wouldn’t shock me at all to see us beat this team three or four more times this year. They’re a fragile bunch.

giphy.gif

Time for Colorado recruits to realize who the superior team is. I wonder how JoJo is feeling now?
JoJo, Lee, and every other cornnub have been assimilated. They only feel what they are told is the "G B R* way". Pretty sure their memory banks will be erased and they won't even remember playing this game.

* Go Beat Rutgers!

Here’s the deal. Nebraska will be okay this year. They had a ton of big strong fast guys. They will overcome their coaching and go to a bowl game. People may rip on the Pac, but our mid level teams are significantly better than Nebraska and Northwestern. Frost is their savior and I hope he is still there coach if they ever take the risk of playing us again.

Reactions: DBT
the Colorado traitors that went to play at the corn were held in check Saturday here in Boulder. jojo tried to talk a little smack earlier in the week, what happened jojo? mccaffrey, lee that tight end - crickets.

GO BUFFS !!

Here’s the deal. ****braska will be okay this year. They had a ton of big strong fast guys. They will overcome their coaching and go to a bowl game. People may rip on the Pac, but our mid level teams are significantly better than ****braska and Northwestern. Frost is their savior and I hope he is still there coach if they ever take the risk of playing us again.
Fun fact: kNU drops from the coaches and AP poll. Gets one vote in the coaches poll (problably from Frosty), none in the sportswriters'. CU gets 16 and 21 votes, respectively. Hilarity ensues.

just looked and I only see 5 wins on their schedule. Seems as though they always get their toughest conference games at home. Doesn't matter, 5 wins no bowl 2019. I actually do not see their Heisman winning QB making it the entire season.

just looked and I only see 5 wins on their schedule. Seems as though they always get their toughest conference games at home. Doesn't matter, 5 wins no bowl 2019. I actually do not see their Heisman winning QB making it the entire season.

Talked about this with the old man last night after we got done making fun of Scott Frost again-here's what I see after that.

Three games they should win-@Illinois, Northern Illinois, and Indiana

Four right now games they'll probably lose-Wisconsin, Ohio State, Iowa, and Holy **** Maryland belongs on here after dropping 63 on Syracuse Saturday

Three tossups-Northwestern, @Minnesota, @Purdue

They beat us and get the should wins-they need one toss-up. Now its two.

Talked about this with the old man last night after we got done making fun of Scott Frost again-here's what I see after that.

Three games they should win-@Illinois, Northern Illinois, and Indiana

Four right now games they'll probably lose-Wisconsin, Ohio State, Iowa, and Holy **** Maryland belongs on here after dropping 63 on Syracuse Saturday

Three tossups-Northwestern, @Minnesota, @Purdue

They beat us and get the should wins-they need one toss-up. Now its two.

I am going to guess they drop one of the "should wins" particularly this coming weekend.

Did anyone hear their stupid "Hey you guys" fusker chant? Every time i heard it i wanted to throw a Baby Ruth at em to shut them the up... But in the End The football team did it... so **** em LOL

I almost feel for this guy... almost (from r/****ers)
Honest to freakin' god, if this doesn't sum up the idiocy that is ****braska I don't know what could. Someone should check in on this pathetic fool cuz it almost sounds like he's getting ready to kill himself... over a college football game... in which he was a spectator.

Honest to freakin' god, if this doesn't sum up the idiocy that is ****braska I don't know what could. Someone should check in on this pathetic fool cuz it almost sounds like he's getting ready to kill himself... over a college football game... in which he was a spectator.
He's a loser in life, but believes that if his hero entity is a winner, he will be a winner. Hasn't figured out the very basics of adulthood and life.

Hope he doesn't have any kids until he gets it figured out.

Back