What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will we win again this year?

No, it's more of USC has not looked good, Oregon State lost to a FCS team (one who is not as good as Central Arkansas by the way) and didn't exactly kill a bad Hawaii team. Cal nearly got beat by a FCS team this week and lost to Northwestern last week, who is a good team. The upper echelon teams like Oregon, Stanford, Washington, and UCLA look really good. There are just three or four teams at the bottom who don't look good.
???
Sports Network FCS College Football Poll
RK
North Dakota State (145)
Eastern Washington (7)
Montana State
Sam Houston State
Towson
South Dakota State
Central Arkansas

But they still lost, I guess

AZ knows more than me. But we have a well coached team. We will win
game or two we are not supposed to

Well, we'll have to, won't we, but predicting it is beyond me. For all the early surprises, us and them, at this point it still looks like we'll be constant underdogs. Fresno St. is the first good team we face, and we'll keep learning about these new Buffs.

I think we win at least 2 but I am more inclined to believe that Fresno State will be easier than either AZ or USC. If we win that one, it will be a lot more telling and we have a shot to sneak up on some teams when conference play starts.

I'll stick with my original prediction which is 4 wins because I based that 4 wins on us starting out 2-0

I think we win at least 2 but I am more inclined to believe that Fresno State will be easier than either AZ or USC. If we win that one, it will be a lot more telling and we have a shot to sneak up on some teams when conference play starts.

Have you watched USC play at all this year?

Yeah, I think we'll win 3 more. I have no idea where those wins will come from, though. I predicted 5 wins at the beginning of the season, and I've not seen anything to change my mind so far. I am pleasantly surprised at the poise and composure that the team is showing. They have a plan and they stick to it. They are starting to believe in themselves, and that goes a long way. Right now, UCLA, UO, and UW look like no-hopers. The rest of the games, while difficult, are at least somewhere in the realm of possibility. Not probability, but possible. So of the ten games remaining, I figure we have a shot in 7 of them, and will find a way to win 3.

If I were going to start the same thread under a different name it would be "can Prich be covered".

The first two series went according to plan and the outcome was wonderful, but I think someone is going to stop P-Rich at some point and then our offense looks alot like last years.

They had some breaks go against them last night and they still won. That gives hope. I would guess 1-2 more wins this season. I was more up after the CSU game., but we've met my win prediction for the season after two games! If we suddenly discover an ability to run even a little, it could get really interesting. In the interim it is pretty cool to watch P-Rich play super man with the weight of the world on his back!

Just checked for what Vegas thinks and CU is the 10 pt. dog. Ouch.

Last edited:
Have you watched USC play at all this year?

Uh yes and they still have more talent than we could ever dream of ever having. Don't count SC out just yet. I have also seen us down to a sh*tty CSU team and a FCS powerhouse so just sayin.

Uh yes and they still have more talent than we could ever dream of ever having. Don't count SC out just yet. I have also seen us down to a sh*tty CSU team and a FCS powerhouse so just sayin.

They also have Lane Kiffin coaching and that pretty much negates the majority of their talent. They have Lee and yet they scored SEVEN points against WSU, who has a coach with a documented history of not caring much about defense.

WSU is not a good team-hell that is the only team we beat last year and they beat USC on their home turf 10-7. That doesn't bode well for USC regardless of how many 4-5* are on their team. Just sayin.

WSU is not a good team-hell that is the only team we beat last year and they beat USC on their home turf 10-7. That doesn't bode well for USC regardless of how many 4-5* are on their team. Just sayin.
Sorry if I had opinion - A couple of bad games trying to figure out a new QB is pretty normal in this day and age. But you can go ahead and suck on my left testicle - Just sayin

Sorry if I had opinion - A couple of bad games trying to figure out a new QB is pretty normal in this day and age. But you can go ahead and suck on my left testicle - Just sayin
Oh you must have missed last year then. #1 in the nation to start all the way to 7-6. Are you really this unaware of how bad Lane Kiffin is?

No thanks-there is some troll on this site into oral w/ guys-might want to check with him. Or maybe that was you-can't remember.

If you think Tini and I are the only people to think USC may just happen to suck this year, check out ESPN's evaluation of the USC situation:
Lane Kiffin is on fire (not in a good way): The hottest seat in America just got a healthy dusting of thermite. The quarterback soap opera, which is now turning into horrific reality TV, is overshadowing what should be a couple of great performances from USC’s defense. And it’s actually gotten to the point where the quarterback play is hurting the defense. In USC's loss to Washington State, Cody Kessler was 8-of-13 for 41 yards with a pick-six. Max Wittek was 3-of-8 for 13 yards with an interception. Through two games, the quarterbacks are a combined 26-of-50 for 226 yards with one touchdown and three interceptions. Want some perspective? Arizona safety Tra'Mayne Bondurant has more interceptions returned for touchdowns (two) than both USC quarterbacks have touchdown passes. This make-or-break season for Kiffin is breaking, rapidly.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/what-we-learned-090813

The Kiffin hire at USC was a strange one. Not sure what they saw in him, it's not like he was doing a great job at Tennessee who also has great resources.

You listen to that player press conference after the CA game? Barring big time injury bug, their upside has not been capped yet. I am bumping my win total a game despite the CU honey badger we have to face this weekend. Like Luke facing Darth coming this Sat. Gremlins of last year must be faced head on! That was a beat down of epic.... We will learn much next Sat morn!

But yes we are going to win more football games!

No thanks-there is some troll on this site into oral w/ guys-might want to check with him. Or maybe that was you-can't remember.

If you think Tini and I are the only people to think USC may just happen to suck this year, check out ESPN's evaluation of the USC situation:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/what-we-learned-090813

Greg Henderson also has more TDs this year than U$C QBs have touchdown passes. Of course ESPiN has to pick the Arizona guy, though.... :lol:

Yes... at least two more. While they didn't look better against UCA as compared to the CSU game, they did show that they have character.

I fully expect some real frustration this year, but I think we are on a positive path.

Pac-12 and ACC are pretty even right now as the #2 conference behind the SEC for this season.

Here is my fear with USC. Yes, they suck now. But they fire Kiffen before CU and the intern coaches them better. Talent is there.

We'll win at least two more.

If we pull the upset this weekend I might revise that.

Pac-12 and ACC are pretty even right now as the #2 conference behind the SEC for this season.

Yep, pretty equal this year. I think the separation becomes clear when you reach the bottom of both conferences though. Wake Forest, Boston College, Pittsburgh are all quite bad. Duke is improved over what they were pre-2012, but they're still Duke. Miami's rise is equaled by Washington's rise. USC being down is negated by Virginia Tech's ongoing decline. And as good as Clemson is, I think Oregon is better. Not sure how Stanford and Florida State stack up at this point, I think FSU is a little better than expected because Winston appears to be ahead of schedule.

IMO, the Buffs can win at least 3 more games providing they continue to avoid the injury bug, & show consistent improvement every week on Offense, Defense, & Special Teams.

Back